Status: :D

Tonight We Can Be As One

The Morning After

Frank's pov

"Frankie! Breakfast ready!" I heard Donna's voice echoing in my head making me feel like it was going to explode.

"MICHAELLL!" This time it was a yell.

"Frankkk! MIKEEEEE! Get down now!" Donna kept yelling from the kitchen. I attempt to get my self on my feet but my legs trembled a bit and I was forced to sit back down. I had the worst headache ever, my sight was a bit blurry and my brain was beating.

"Donald!" Poor Donna was alone in the kitchen waiting for someone to get down to eat breakfast. I rubbed my forehead with my fingers and took a deep breath before trying to get myself up again."

"DOOONNN!" Wasn't Don at Nana's? Well maybe he had come back yesterday night. I took another big deep breath and stood up. My head span.
"Gerard!" Donna was now calling every family member. "Someone!"

Gerard.
'Take the 2 advils....'
I vaguely remembered what he had told me yesterday night. So I turned around and indeed found 2 advils and a glass of water.
I drank them, hoping that within minutes they would take the awful pain away.

"FRRRAAAANNNKKKK! MIIIIKKKKEEEEY!"
"I'm coming mom!" I heard Mikey groan.
Fuck Mikey was ready to go to school. I jumped to the bathroom to wash my face and change my clothes.

"Frank, you're gonna be late for school!" Donna commented by the time I walked into the kitchen. She placed a bowl of milk and the box of Cocoa Pebbles in my place.
"Good morning Frank" Don greeted me once I had taken a seat.
"And Mikey?" I asked to Donna as I hadn't seen Mikey around.
"He slept with his contacts on and now he can barely see for some reaction that the lens made to his eyes. I'm not sure what is happening to him, I'm not an eye doctor" She replied and took the trash out of the garbage can. "That's why you have to go alone to school today, I'm taking Mikey to the eye doctor. Would you like Don to take you or you would you take the school bus?"
"School bus is fine" she smiled at me and grabbed the garbage bag.
"Oh love. Couldn't you just wait for us to finish eating? That smells hideous" Don mumbled covering his nose.
"Well, as none of you ever helps me around here I have to do all the things myself, and this is the only time I can take the trash out" I think that Donna expected Don to realize that she was right and that he should help her. Instead he said:
"I can't help you with that, my suit could get ruined" Donna sighed while going out of the house.

"Dad, I really need to go to the doctor. My eyes burn" Mikey got to the kitchen, he was wearing sunglasses and I could tell that he had his eyes closed because he was stumbling a bit. Don stood up and helped Mikey to take a sit next to me.
"Let me see how is that?" Don took the sunglasses off and examinated Mikey's eyes.
"Oh, I know what happened. You were too drunk to take your contacts off and your eyes got swollen cuz of the liquor. And now mix that with the contacts, and you get an ugly infection... It looks very bad" I almost choked when Don told Mikey that.
"Drunk?" Mikey chuckled awkwardly. "I wasn't..."
"I can clearly tell that!" Don yelped amused. "And my friend over there is going through the worst hangover of his life" he mocked me. Surely Mikey and I had panic faces that Don laughed histerically and reassured that he wasn't going to tell Donna anything about that.

"What the... Omg! Gerard!" Donna yelled by the time she got back into the house. "GERRRAAARRRRDDDD" she looked pissed.
What did just happen? "GERARD!! GERARD ARTHUR WAY GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!"

"God mom. Keep it quiet! I have classes after noon today so I would fancy more peaceful sleep, please?" Gerard answered from upstairs with a graspy voice.
"Why is Raymond Toro sleeping in your car?" I almost choked in my cereal again remembering that Gerard left him there because Ray was too heavy for Gerard to carry into the house.
"What is Ray doing in the car?" Don asked Mikey and I quietly. Both of us shrugged our shoulders and I kept eating my cereal with my head ducked.
"Oh... Ray... Y-yeah... Mmm... H-he asked for a ride. I have to take him to Home Depot to get some stuff." Gerard stuttered. Jeez, we are so screwed!
"But that doesn't explain why he is asleep in your car" Donna preached.
"Mom you know Ray. He is... H-he is... Always... Sleeping" I heard him running down the stairs. "I have to go! Poor Ray I left him there waiting while I went for my keys. Bye mom!" He stattered and walked out of the door.
"Gerard?" I think Donna noticed something.
"Yes mommy?" He asked innocently.
"You are not going to Home Depot in your boxers and slippers, are you?" I looked up and saw Gerard wearing his Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas slippers and his Batman boxers.
"Oh... Yes! I almost forgot that I had to put pants on!" He laughed nervously and rushed upstairs.
"You are not lying to me, are you?" Donna questioned suspiciously, Gerard's footsteps stop.

"Fuck, she suspects" Mikey whispered.

"No mommy! I would never lie to..." He was interrupted by the sound of the school bus honk.
"God! Frank! The bus is here and you haven't finished eating your breakfast! Jesus, do you want me to pack your leftovers?" She took my bowl and started pouring it in an hermetic* container.
"Hey mom, don't worry! I can drive them to school" Gerard suggested getting into the kitchen still in his slippers and boxers.
"Yeah that would be better" Donna said relieved. "So, Frank finish eating your cereal peacefully. And you, get ready to go to the doctor" she told Mikey.

"What's wrong with you dude?" Gerard asked approaching to Mikey and taking his sunglasses off. "Ow! Ooooooowwww! Your eyes are really swollen!" He exclaimed painfully.
"Really? I haven't noticed that, idiot!" Mikey replied sarcastically.
"Hey, someone's grumpy today!"
"Fuck off Gerard" Mikey groaned and kick Gerard in the nuts. At first, I thought he missed him because I saw his foot touching his crotch so I started laughing but then he gasped in pain and felt to his knees, that's when I worried and stopped.
"Michael!" Donna cried while kneeling down next to Gerard. "Are you okay?" He shook his head, coughed and the spoke in a very dramatic tone:
"I see the light, mommy" Mikey burst in laughter.

"Michael!" Don preached.
"What?"
"Stop it!"
"Dad he's faking! I missed him" Mikey said amused.

"Mommy the light is getting closer!" Then I realized he was actually acting, he just wanted to get Mikey in trouble.
"Don't follow the light Gerard" I yelped. Gerard looked at me and winked.
"It's too late Frankert! I..." He coughed. "I..." Coughs again. "I..." And he made some guttural sounds and felt completely to the floor, pretending that he had died. Mikey stood up and started clapping and cheering.

"Ok, Gerard get up! Frank will be late for school" Donna said slapping softly Gerard's cheek and getting to her feet.

"What kind of mother are you? I could've lost the most important thing in my body and the only thing you get worried about is Frank? You are not a good mom! I could've been left sterile and could've lost the opportunity to have children! This is so depressing" Gerard put his hands to his face and pretended to be crying. "Poor Gerard Jr., he won't be able to see the world" he screamed.
"Ok Gerard, enough of your drama! Now go get change! Don't make Ray wait longer" Donna ordered. Had she really believed the Home Depot thing?
"Fine" and with that he stomped out of the kitchen.
"Ha-Ha" Mikey mocked Gerard with the same laugh as Nelson from The Simpsons. Don fold the newspaper he was reading and hit Mikey in the head. "Ow dad!"
"Don't fight with your brother!" Don unfolded his newspaper and kept reading.
"Here's your lunch darling" Donna said placing a paper bag in front of me. "I made you lasagna, so you could feel a little bit like home" Believe it or not, I haven't eaten lasagna since Christmas '07. My mom, the most italian woman you could ever meet, didn't know how to prepare lasagna which is kind of ironic.
I thanked her and went to the living room where I had left my backpack. This time I made sure that my food wasn't going to escape from it as I kept it in a super safe pocket it had on the inside.

"Let's go!" Gerard informed me. I put my backpack on and followed Gerard out the door.
"Ray! Wake up!" Gerard shouted once we got into the car. Ray was still sleeping deeply in the front seat.
"He looks dead" I commented making Gerard chuckle. I looked out of the window while Gerard kept trying to wake Ray up, when I saw Donna getting out of the house.
"Gerard, your mom is coming!"
"FUCK RRRAAAAAYYYYYY!" He slapped Ray's face.
"What? What? What?" Ray muttered confused with his eyes wide open.
"Everyone act cool. And you, say anything about Home Depot" Gerard told Ray.
"Gee, you didn't get breakfast! Do you want me to prepare you a cup of coffee?"
"No mom! I'll get myself coffee on our way to Home Depot"

"Whooohooo Home Depot!" Ray lilted *facepalm*

"Hello there Ray... How is it going?"
"Mrs. Way you look hot today" Donna blused in embarrassment.
"Thank you... Mmm... And what are you getting at Home Depot?"
"We... We... Pizza holders" Ray answered.
"Pizza holders?" Donna raged. She is definetely going to find out eveything after this. What the heck are pizza holders?
"Yeah, you know mom, things that hold pizzas" Gerard said trying to fix it but instead I thought he had sank us.
"Ok... Tell me how your pizza holders work, so I can get myself some of those too. I hate to eat the pizza out of the box" Whether Donna is extremely naïve or she just doesn't want to face the truth.
"I will" Ray quivered with a silly smile in his face.
"Ok, have a nice day you guys"
"Thanks mom" she turned on a heel and walked away.

"Pizza holders? Are you serious Ray? Fucking Pizza Holders?" Gerard miffed while turning the engine on and driving away from the house.
"I freaked out!" Ray barked.
"Couldn't you just have said that you were gonna get paint, or ceramic... Not pizza holders. I don't think that those things even exist" Gerard started hitting Ray's head with a book he found.
"Hey! I'm sorry, ok? Stop hitting me" Ray begged and Gerard stopped leaving the book on Ray's lap.

"Remember me not to listen to Ray's fun ideas ever again" Gerard told me, looking at me through the rare view mirror.
"I thought you had fun" Ray said.
"No I didn't! You had fun! Mikey had fun! And Frank had a blast... Not me! I was suffering"
"I had a blast?" Did I?
"Yeah Frank, you almost left the bar empty" Gerard replied.
"Yeah, and you were dirty dancing to Gerard" Ray rejoined chuckling. God, that's embarrassing. "Now that I think about it, is it just me or you have a kind of obsession with Gerard?" For some reason I got really nervous and my hands started sweating while my face turned bright red.
"Why... Why would you say that?" I babbled.
"You kept mumbling Gerard's name when you were sleeping" Ray cackled. Fuck, please Ray tell me you are lying!

"Shut up Ray!" Gerard roared. I saw Gerard through the rare view mirror and he had his sight focused in the front and his brows were formed in a big frown.
"Why? It's funny, poor Italian is freaking out! Yeah, don't worry kid, it is always hard to accept that you are in love with your guy friend! But no worries..."
"Stop it, Ray" Gerard barked looking seriously pissed off. I didn't like Gerard, I mean, in a love relationship kind of thing. I guess, I don't.
"Oh god, Gerard! Your ears are red! Don't tell me that you like Frank too"
"You are so immature" Gerard said pulling over in front of my school. I put my backpack on and went out of the car.

"Thanks for the ride" I murmured before closing Gerard's car door.
On my way to class, I started thinking and analyzing everything that Ray said about me crushing on Gerard. Maybe he was lying. Yeah, maybe he was. Because he was really drunk too, so perhaps his drunk mind made that up. This was one of the reasons, I thought getting drunk didn't made sense at all. It was stupid how I couldn't remember anything I did last night.
Did I really dirty dance to Gerard?
And why was he really pissed off when Ray started making fun of him when he said that he may like me too?
I know that guys doesn't like to be called gay when they are not gay or something... But I always found that gay! I don't mean gay as an offensive thing, I mean like literally gay.
Because guys who are inside the closet, they are afraid of people finding out what they really are... And being called gay, affects them, right?
How do I know all these things?

Am I... Gay?... Noooo.

Is Gerard gay? No, he isn't. He's got himself a girlfriend.

Then, why am I making such a big deal of it?
But then it hit me. I remembered last night when Gerard and I were in my room, in my bed... I couldn't clearly see what was going on but I was just feeling the urge to... Kiss him?
No...no...no!
I... I... No! I think my headache is coming back again, I'm gonna need more advils!
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW CHAPTER HERE!
I hope everyone is enjoying reading this as much as I am enjoying writing it!
Comments are always welcome! :D
Hopefully next update will be up next week, so don't miss it!
xoxo