The After-Party

Sneaking Out Is Just Too Easy.

June 5, 2009
12:39 a.m.


I look in my vanity for one last gussy-up.
I hear Dad snoring still all the way from his room.
I take out the window screen and set it on the wall, under the window.
I hear Dad roll over in his empty bed and continue snoring loudly.
I grab my bag off my bed, roll the window pane back and slip out without a sound.

I head down a block away from my house and meet up with my friends Micheal, Eddie, Sean, Meghan and Kristin like we always do. We all meet up and hop into Eddie's 2006 orange Scion XB. It's only a five seater so I jokingly sit on Sean's lap for the ride and we all shared a laugh.
We were on our way to see our friend Jarrett Stone in show with his hardcore metal band, which he is the lead of. On the way there were singing to music by our favorite bands like Dance Gavin Dance and Every Time I Die--just having a real rad time.
Sean says in his little British accent, "Mon, we are going to get so fuckin' airlocked." Sam and I laugh, knowing what he means by "airlocked" meaning to get drunk. Sean Kennedy is fairly new here, he came to North America in his freshman year from England yet he still holds on to quite a bit vocabulary words that sound a tad bit strange to us.
Meghan chuckles. "Let's get so shitfaced we won't remember shit tomorrow!" Kristin and her high-five while laughing.
"Who brought alcohol?" I ask, rocking back 'n forth on Sean's lap from the movement of Eddie's driving.
"I did. I'm gonna fuckin' kill ass in the mosh pit" Mike says.
"Did anybody bring trees?"
"Yeeah.. I did." Eddie says, keeping focused on the road. I clap my hands together excitedly.
"Awesome." I respond, smiling. Summer is just beginning and we are so far from the end I love this, I live for this. This is what I do every night with my friends. Sneak out, get drunk and/or get high and fucking party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.