The After-Party

Gettin' Into The Pit.

June 5, 2009
1:23 a.m.


We climbed out the car when we got to Club Retro for Jarrett's show, Sean immediately walks over to Mike and says something while fixing his pants real quick. Jarrett came out and greeted us then guided us to the back room where band members all chill at before they go on stage. There were about five other bands besides Jarrett's, which is named Kill Our Kings. Jarrett comes up and gives Meghan, Kristin and I a hug--already smelling of weed. We sit at a table and Eddie pulls out a little cherry pipe designed like a Seahorse. He lights it up and takes a hit and passes it across to his girlfriend, Kristin, then she passes it on to me and it gets around the group. After about five hits I can say I start to feel it. My legs rub against each other and feel amazing, like, the World's best massage.
Eddie and Sean start to get giggly over dumb shit which is proof that their starting to get fucked up too. Jarrett comes up to us and tells us that the shows are starting, we all take one last good hit and began to stand up and go out into audience. Mike hands us all a green apple flavored Smirnoff Ice. I chug mine down before the first song even hits its chorus.
I feel the music, the drum, bass, guitar. All of it. I start banging my head to the beat and I notice Mike gets out into the pit and we're all cheering him on.
Sean bends down to my ear level to say something. He speaks but I can't hear him. So he tosses his hand in the air in--what I took as a nevermind gesture--but a moment later before I know it his head is coming through between my legs! Then lifts me on top of his shoulders and jumps into the pit.
I clutch on to his head with all dear life.
And Sean starts spinning, jumping and skipping.
I after screaming to the top of my lungs I actually start to enjoy it. Spinning round and round, feeling cool air on my face and blowing through my hair felt so amazing. It felt great to be above everyone in the room for such a short period of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading