Young love story

The Window

¨so where do you live?¨ I asked him on the way home. He was sitting next to me on the bus. ¨ Next to that white house on that corner.¨ he said pointing at my house. I had forgotten that next to my house the neighbors had sold their house and given it to a family that came from Virginia. ¨really? That’s MY house! ¨ I almost screamed. ¨oh so were like neighbors. That’s awesome.¨ ¨yeah it is¨ I almost screamed again ¨I`ve always dreamed of having a neighbor that`s in my grade. I know it sounds dorky but I just like it ¨ “ no actually it`s kind of cool” he said trying to make me not feel embarrassed like always “ when I was little I wanted that so badly, and one day my best friend moved to the house next to me so I guess this is what is happening to me, again”. “ you think I’m your best friend?” I asked sounding with a little bit of hope. “ well I have only known you for like a day but you were like so nice to me and well yeah I feel like we have a connection” he said blushing. “ that’s so nice. And to tell you the truth I also thought we had a connection” .i tried not to laugh because of his tomato face. The bus came to a stop and we both got off. We went to each of our houses. “do you want to do homework together?” i asked. The more time I spent with him would be even better, after what he said to me on the bus I never thought I`d say this but there might be a possibility between us. “Sure just let me tell my mom, I don`t want her to get all nervous and think I lost my way home” he said “sure ill wait for you inside” I said and went upstairs to my room. When I saw myself in the mirror I almost screamed. My hair was a mess and my makeup was all over my face, probably because of the sweat and pressure of having him by my side all day. I fixed it and I had just finished when I heard the bell ring. “ hi you must be Jake. So nice to meet you. Come on in” my mom said. “Thanks. Is Jamie here?” he asked with such a polite tone. Could he be any more perfect? “JAMIE! Jake`s here!” my mom screamed. “coming” I hurried and finished my hair. It was still a mess but better. “have you started?” he asked probably hoping not. “of course not. We are going to do them together weren’t we?” I said. “ sure, so lets get started shall we?”
“wow that was fast” I said after we finished. “yeah I had never finished all my homework in just ten minutes. I thought that was like impossible” he said “ yeah me to. I’ve always hated homework. Do you have anything else?” I asked “ no that’s just it. Do you want to show me the neighborhood?” he asked. I tried not to be all exited. Could this get any better? “Sure. I would love to”
“ And this is the Ivan’s house. They`re… not so nice” I grimaced as we looked at the most ugliest house that ever existed. It was the last house on the block and I had already showed him the rest of them. “yeah I can see” Jake chuckled. I hadn’t seen him laugh like that. He sounded so amazing. “And that’s about it” I said when we started walking toward our houses “its not that big but its kinda nice.” “ totally. Especially that youre here” I tried not to blush. He was so cute. “of course” I whispered. I hoped I didn`t show the happiness I had. When we were in middle of each of our houses I said“ Bye. See you tomorrow.” “ okay. If you want to I can come for you tomorrow. I mean to pick you up for school… technically” I laughed and said “sure, don`t be late.” And I went back to my house.
Beep, beep, beep. My alarm clock sounded. Today I didn`t stay asleep five more minutes. I stood up as fast as I could. I was about to see him in about an hour and I had just woken up. I was a mess… again. I took a shower, got dressed for school in my typical jeans. I put on a nice shirt and a jacket, boots and a scarf. Ready for another chilly day. When I got dressed I blowed my hair and did my makeup. As I was grabbing breakfast, the door bell rang. That must be him, I thought and went to open the door. “Wow you’re early” I said. “ you told me not to be late” he reminded me. I laughed “yeah you`re right. Want some breakfast or do you want to go to the bus stop about half an hour before it gets here?” I asked sarcastically. “Some breakfast would be nice. What are you having?” he said apologetically. “Pancakes” I said. As he tried one he asked me “these are good. Did you make them?” “Yeah. I want to be a chef when I grow up” I felt my lips turn into a smile. None of my friends had ever complemented any of my food before. “Do you want to put up a restaurant?” he asked already knowing the answer. “Of course” I said. He took a sip of orange juice “I’ll go to that restaurant. What’s your specialty?” “All kinds of deserts.” I said. “I’ll give you one another day if you want one” I said “I’d love one” he said with a big smile.

“What’s your first class?” I hoped it was math which was mine too. “Math” he said. “I’ll take you there. I mean that’s my class too” I explained. “Great” he said with a lot of emotion.
On the way back from school he sat on my right and Kate on my left. “So Jake,” Kate started doing small talk “do you like any of the girls at school?” she asked. I felt my face turn red. “Um,” he was blushing too “I`ve got my eye on someone. I felt my smile turn into a pout. “what`s wrong?” he asked worried. I didn`t know I had shown my grief. “Um, nothing” I said as happy as I could. “You look really sad” said Kate and I threw her a what`s-your-problem look. She just widened her eyes and looked away. I turned to Jake and said “really I swear it’s nothing I’m great” “was it something I said?” he asked worrying again. “No, of course not” “oh great” he sighed “but really you can tell me don’t worry”. I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t tell him the truth, I only knew him for a day. “Actually I can’t. It’s a girl thing; I’m sorry” “its fine really, I was just worried about you” could he be any more perfect?. “Thanks”. I said finally after thirty seconds of shock.
“I just thought we had something special you know?” I said to Kate over the phone later. “Just give him a break” she said. “You`ve only known him for a day. Besides I have a really big hunch that you’re the one he likes” “really? Do you think so?” I asked, with a much happier tone “but he didn’t say anything that made me think so.” I noted. “that`s what guys do when they like someone, believe me. My older sisters have always told me that and they also told me `make yourself difficult` and believe me it really worked. That`s how I made Sam think at first and now look how we are” Kate has told me that story like a million times and I didn`t believe her until now that it made sense. Kate and Sam had been going out for three months now. She always had a crush on him, well every girl in the whole town had a crush on him. He was the most precious guy you could ever meet, well to me it was before I met jake of course. Football quarterback, most popular guy in school, totally perfect. He had a crush on kate and well they started going out and now they are boyfriend and girlfriend. “ I guess your right” I said “thanks ka…” just when I was about to hang up on kate I saw that in the house next door, his house, the window facing my room was his. He was waving at me and of course I waved back. “ hello, Jamie” kate said breaking my reverie. I realized I was still waving and jake was staring at me, his expression confused. I just tried to laugh it off. “hey ill call you back later, or maybe ill just talk to you tomorrow, `kay?” I asked kate. “fine whatevs . I have to call sam anyways. See ya” and just when I hung up, my phone rang again. “hello?” I asked, although I had a pretty good idea who was calling. “umm Jamie are you ok?” he asked of course. “yeah, why?” I asked. “its just that you went blank for like two whole miutes” he chukled. “yeah well you surprised me” I gushed. “yeah me to when I saw you” he said. Sudenlly there was a really awkward silence. “so” he said breaking it. “ what are you going to do Friday night?” he asked. “well nothing really. Why?” I asked crossing my fingers. I hope he didn`t see it. “ I was just wondering if you would like to go to the movies or something” “oh, sure. Like a d-date?” I stuttered. “yeah, if you want to. If not we could go in like a group” he said, always polite and respectful. “I don`t know. You tell me.” I realized the words came out like a whisper. I had no idea why. “we could go on the d-date if you want” I was surprised that he sututered to. “ok” was the only thing I could say. “see you tomorrow” he finally said “yeah. See you” and I closed my curtains and tried to fall asleep, not succeeding because of the happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is a long chapter but i hope you like it! anyway comments??