The Married Life...?

Flash Of The Past

-~~~FLASHBACK~~~-

"Tina...?" Jerry asked looking down at his paper.

"What's up?" Tina responded quietly.

We were writing a test for our report card in Math...in grade 2.

"What did you get for number 3?" Jerry asked, he was trying not to let me hear him but he was a fail in whispering. Tina looked at him annoyed. I felt a pang of jealousy hit me in the chest as Tina leaned in closer to Jerry to whisper back. I frowned as I tried to listen but couldn't hear.

"Dang it Jerry!" I whined angry stomping my foot under the desk.

I didn't realize how loud I actually was. Sandi sat beside Jerry too , between us actually.

"Heather, is there something going on between you and Jerry?" my grade 2 teacher Mrs.Jane asked from the front of the room.

"Yes!" Jerry splattered absently. I looked at him and blushed red. The whole class shrugged knowing this already.

"I'm sad to say, there is no cheating in this class Heather and Jerry," Mrs.Jane sighed putting her book down "You'll have to both stay and serve a little detention after school."

I looked at Jerry and he turned away shyly. I felt my heart jump at his movement. It wasn't really a detention but that's what we called it because when stayed for ten minutes after school and to all 2nd graders that's a long time.

I waited for Sandi and Tina to leave and went back to my desk and sat there staring at the alphabet pictures on the wall, my favorite was the Pony for P.

"I'm sorry, Heath." Jerry apologized sitting beside me in Rick's desk I think. I didn't pay attention because Jerry was on the left side of my desk and that's where I always faced.

"It's okay Jer Bear."'I smiled weakly at him. He flashed me a shiny smile back that always made me feel so much better.

After our little detention I began walking home.

"Heath!" Jerry called running up to me. I stopped and waited for him.

"Yeah?" I smiled at him. He stood there in front of me for a second.
I tilted my head to the side unsure of what he was doing. He blushed a shade of red and leaned in closer to me. I felt the warmness press softly onto my lips. I closed my eyes and waviness the memory...