Status: Welcome To Yonder where we aim for regular weekly updates EVERY Friday and/or Monday (fingers crossed).

To Yonder

Chapter Sixteen

Sunday Morning
“But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you”
- Maroon 5

“So tell me again what happened?” Alessia demanded looking at her friend whose face was flushed a brilliant pink.

“I am not repeating it again!” Nelly was thoroughly embarrassed talking about the situation the first time, what made Alessia think that Nelly would want to repeat it several more? Nelly thought once had more than sufficed. Even once was way too many times to speak of what had happened in Nelly’s mind.

Though, not everything that came out of the big unveil was so bad.

Now that the truth was out the two women were able to take part in the greatest pleasure of being women, gossiping. Of course the first topic that Alessia had brought up was about Will, how had Nelly been found out? Nelly had told her friend the story quickly in hushed whispers. It wasn’t long until Alessia realized it was probably the best thing she had ever heard in all her years of living, really.

How did that even happen?

The two women sat in Alessia’s favorite spot on deck. It gave a perfect angle of the front and back of the ship while also being tucked away so nobody could find you unless they were specifically looking. Alessia liked the idea of being able to see where they were heading while also being able to save a quick glance of what they were leaving. Knowing that she probably would never have a chance to see any of these places again, Alessia tried to memorize every single tree, bird, and cloud they passed.

“I cannot believe it…” Alessia would talk about this forever. She would have to tell her children who would go on to tell their own. The story of how Will had figured out Nelly was a woman would be a family classic. It was too good of a story not to be told, all around hilarious.

“It’s not that funny!”

“But it is!” Alessia guffawed some more. Back home in the palace she wouldn’t of been able to have such a good laugh… partly because it was terribly improper and also just because her lavish clothing simply would not allow her chest to expand so freely. Surely back in the castle someone would think she was sick for being so happy and send her to the infirmary immediately afraid she might catch influenza.

The two women sat on deck enjoying the sun. Tanek has advised them to continue the façade. Alessia would have said something controversial in response, but held her tongue. She had certainly given Tanek enough of a hard time for one day.

Oh, Captain.

In general, life had returned to normal. Tanek was still hell bent over finding the Princess, but refused to ask Alessia for further help. He hadn’t pursued her identity any further either; perhaps he just didn’t want to know. She figured he found solace in knowing her as Alec, the young, naïve boy.

It was strange not seeing the overbearing Captain lurking in the shadows every time she turned around. She had heard the murmurs of several of the crew mates mention he was pent up in his quarters refusing to come out, even Will had no effect on the man. Alessia supposed she had something to do with the Captain’s weird behavior. Strangely, Alessia felt proud.

“You’re going to have to stop talking about it eventually,” Nelly was still flustered. Knowing her friend, Alessia figured Nelly would be tinted pink for the rest of her life.

Alessia was about to stop mentioning it when she saw a blond man walk across the deck to Tanek’s door. She watched as he raised a loose fist to knock. Then it fell to his side. An apprehensive look crossed his face and he looked to his left and right as to see if anyone was watching. He happened to notice Nelly and her sitting alone, and he sent a wink their way accompanied with a dashing smile. Then in a flash, he disappeared behind Tanek’s large, wooden door. Alessia erupted once again. Nelly was probably the shade of a bright, red tomato.

Obviously, something absolutely delectable had happened. Alessia was ready to beg for the story again. Oh Nelly was never going to live this down.

“You’re extremely obnoxious,” Normally Nelly would not be so bold, but she had finally accepted the fact that they were on a pirate ship, and for lack of a better word, stuck.

Alessia got in close to make sure nobody would accidentally overhear.

“Tis alright mate, I am royalty. Besides, we are on a ship of pirates, who is not?”

---

Knocking…

“Go away.”

…What a nuisance of a sound and a complete waste of energy.

“And if it is Will I really want you to go away. Unless someone has lit themselves on fire I do not want to be bothered.”

Tanek thought quickly about his choice in words. Will couldn’t be that stupid… could he?

Tanek heard the door creak and close. Tanek knew it was his friend for he was the only person who would dare to go against Tanek’s word. What could Will possibly need right this very second? “I love you too mate. Now get up, you’re looking rather pale today. I think some sun will do you well.”

“I am always pale,” Tanek knew that wasn’t really the truth, but was willing to say almost anything to get Will out of his room. Tanek was in no mood to be bothered with yesterday, or today, and probably not tomorrow either.

“If I were ever in any position to say something remotely infuriating to you I might chose to point out that you’re an absolute terror to fraternize with after you haven’t gotten your way. What do people call that…? Sore loser…? Crybaby…? Whiney…?”

Tanek shot an evil glance in the Quartermaster’s direction. Will and his big mouth would end up in massive trouble one day. Of course, Tanek the terror would be nowhere to come help his dear old friend. No, Tanek would be too busy whining about something else.

“But I mean I’m in no such place to say such things and make such assumptions so instead I’ll start with a simple, how are you doing today, my dear old friend?”

Tanek continued to stare at the blond. It wasn’t long before the Will couldn’t take the silence anymore. Tanek could’ve counted the passing seconds on one hand.

“Oh to hell with it. It’s been on all of our minds so I might as well come out and say it. I reckon you’re ignoring our lovely new shipmates and frankly, I thought we were well past this stage. To think I thought they might actually be growing on you… worming their way into your ice cold heart,” Will dance around the deck giving Tanek a massive headache, “Might I dare say, is Tanek afraid of a few little women?”

First, Tanek wanted to know who “all” referred to. It was impossible anyone else knew about the women. Tanek’s eyes widened as possible scenarios began to play through his mind. In front of him stood the world’s biggest blabbermouth. He wouldn’t… especially…

There were one too many things on the Captain’s mind. He was slightly more than just a little preoccupied.

“It is the women!”

Tanek still stayed silent as Will hit the nail right on the head. So what if he didn’t want to deal with the women right now? He was a pirate captain, not some coordinator in charge of blossoming debutants. Besides, Tanek could hardly remember the last time he saw a woman. He had done fine this far, woman were just trouble…

He wished Will’s boisterous voice would be just a notch quieter and perhaps if the floor would open up and swallow at least one of them, it’d be perfectly lovely. How much longer would Tanek have to deal with this torment?

Tanek’s hand curled tightly, his knuckles turned a ghostly white. He stayed still for a few moments before standing up erect. The two were comparable in height yet Tanek stood slightly higher – enough to differentiate a captain from his subordinate.

“But really, what’d she do to you? I know I haven’t been on land in quite some time, but I remember when the men used to talk about when the horses would get spooked and throw their riders. It’s kind of like that.”

Tanek didn’t understand the connection. He wondered if Will actually had a point or if he was just babbling about every thought in his mind all at once. “I am a horse…?”

“Of course not!” No, what came out of Will was even more ridiculous, “I’m just saying you’re spooked like one… or you could be the rider getting thrown from your horse. You can choose your personal preference. Either works, right?”

Tanek looked over at Will who in turn looked way too proud of that connection. The Captain sighed. He’d rather stay far, far away from Alec… or whatever his… her name was. Tanek paused. He hadn’t even bothered to ask for her name. He sighed once more as his thoughts turned. It had been some time since they had last docked. It was about time some of the men get the chance to stretch their legs… and well, other things.

“And why are you even in here in the first place? You could at least go outside and pretend you’re not acting like scared little boy. Well, I’ll have you know…” Here he goes again. Tanek had heard the story of how he had caught the other once, Danielle, at least twenty times already and it had only just happened. Tanek concluded that he was definitely being punished. What had he done to deserve this?

His friend began to speak. This only made Tanek more certain that the story got even more ridiculous every time it was told. Soon, Will would be claiming sea monsters and dragons. Tanek had to put a stop to this soon.

Tanek blocked out the noise and looked at his ceiling. He had been lying in bed ever since yesterday not bothering to leave the safe confines of his room. He had promised himself yesterday that he would hide in here as long as humanly possible.

“You can’t stay in here forever.” And that was where Will was wrong. Tanek had been in here for a whole two days and survived, what was the rest of his life?

“You know, they’re both kind of pretty…” and a distraction…

“… and well, they’re actually kind of funny too – charming personalities and cute looking as well...” and a complete waste of time.

“Maybe-“

“William!” Tanek finally yelled cutting off Will in attempt to try to get his hyperactive Quartermaster to shut up already. Tanek had no interest in woman; Will should have been the first person to know that. Tanek only had room in his life for one other woman besides his Mother, the Princess.

“Yes Captain?” Will looked at Tanek.

Tanek was sure Will had something better to do than give him a major migraine. Will had duties to attend to. Tanek could swear he had given him double the amount after what happened last time.

“You are dismissed.”

---

Cam surveyed his vessel with pride. His men had done well to prepare a ship fit for a Prince. The last few barrels of gunpowder were making their way onto the ship and they would soon be setting sail.

Cam couldn’t remember the last time he had ventured out of Dalsmacan waters. That was the beauty of his impending marriage, the seas would be free to sail and he was sure that trade would increase tenfold. The economy would be booming!

Now, all he had to do was find his bride.

“Prince Cameron, this just arrived from you by messenger bird. It bears an Arcadian seal. Perhaps it holds the information we seek.”

Cam looked at the message postmarked straight from the Arcadian Prince and time stamped only a few days prior. He then neatly lifted the seal and pulled out the missive as to not crinkle it. His eyes gazed at the complex penmanship and instantly knew two things: one, Prince Alistair was an excellent swordsman and two, he was ready to set sail.

He clutched the letter in his hand and slowly, a faint smile began to form. He looked up at the shining sun; it was his lucky day.

They had found her and Prince Cameron of Dalmasca was coming to collect what was rightfully his.
----------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to shelbyvengeance

I apologize for the wait and for any mistakes. It's late and it's midterms, but I wanted to get something out.

Also, I've started a blog (literally like yesterday) -- if you're interested, go check it out.
Because... Why Not?
So far, it's short little things, but I plan on it being a mixture of different kinds of posts. So, hopefully that'll be good. As usual, fingers crossed. If you do happen to check it out, leave a comment and lemme know what you think and that you're "From Yonder."