Status: active

Last Kiss

Aria Settle

Image

I rolled over in my bed right as the clock hit 4:30. This was the third night in a row I’d woken up in the middle of the night. I checked my phone which was blinking red.

One New Text Message

It was from Liam.

Hey Aria I miss you. It’s a little bit after lunch here in Australia. I know it’s really late/ early there in North Carolina but I thought I’d give it a chance. I have some exciting news. Chris and I are coming down to see our Uncle in North Carolina while my mom is in California working on her new movie. The only bad thing is I can only see you two days out of the week that I am there. But that still gives us time. Mom is making us stay in Cali with her for a while. I really can’t wait to see you! Hope to hear from you soon bffeauki!

Liam was my best friend. He moved away the summer after freshman year. Now I’m about to start my sophomore year. It don’t know how I’m going to do it. Yeah, I’ve got my girls Kassi, Kelly, Selena and Meg, but without my bffeauki (best friend for ever and you know it) I don’t know what high school will be like.

I replied with a simple text.

Hey you. I miss you too and that is such exciting news! Even though it’s only two days, a lot of things can happen in only two days. Don’t worry you didn’t’t wake me up I haven’t been sleeping too well lately. I can’t wait to see you either!

I thought I’d wait for him to reply but after thirty minutes I gave up and fell asleep. The morning came very soon.

I slowly got out of bed to smell the regular aroma of bacon. I walked into the kitchen with my hair tied up in a bun and not yet to put my makeup on.

“Ahhh it’s Frankenstein’s wife! Nice hair sis”

My brother Bentley was, well he is your typical high school jock. He is the quarterback of our undefeated football team. He's the guy everybody knows will go far. The one who after high school he'll be playing college football. He is a senior this year. Which makes him known throughout all grades. The guys want to be him and the girl want to be with him. And me being his younger sister, I am known as Big Bentley Settle’s little sister, the slightly less attractive sister as most label me. Being in the same high school as him really makes me wish I was an only child.

“Hey Bentley lay off your sister. She may look like Frankenstein’s wife but that doesn’t mean you need to remind her every morning”

My dad is like the older version of Bentley but slightly less annoying. He’s not like every other dad. For one he is a single dad and also the coach for the high school football team. Which means I live in a house with football freaks. I don’t mind living in a house with two guys, I guess I’ve just adapted to it. I mean I do only see my mom on the weekends when she is down for her weekly hair appointment. My dad when he’s not being a dad he’s Mark, the player. He never fails to bring a new girl home every night. He is practically an idol to Bentley. That is where Bentley say’s he got his good looks and charm from. I just think they are both idiots for using girls like that, they don’t believe me though.

“Hurry up and eat your breakfast your brother has to get his physical for football season.” Dad yelled.

“Dad tell me again why I have to go to this?”

“If you don’t go you’ll be missing out on a lot” Bentley said.

“I know this may be yours and Mark’s dream but it’s not mine”

“Oh Bentley you see how she is, first she uses my first name then she disrespects our sport.” Dad said

“Now I think you really should make her go” Bentley said while cuddling his football.

“I have a life you know!” I said smiling

“Your right; that’s why you want to stay at the house by yourself?” Dad said laughing and backing out of the house with Bentley laughing behind him.

Oh the joys I go through having two freaks in my house.

After they left I ran up to the shower to freshen up. It took me in all an hour to shower, pick out an outfit, put on my makeup and feel satisfied with my look for the day. For me that was a new record because the guys don’t know what the definition of a quick shower is. I sat down at my desk and unplugged my charged phone and texted Drew.

I’m home alone.

Drew replied quickly.

I’ll be there in five minutes.

See Drew is my brother’s best friends, to me that never meant back off, but according to Drew if Bentley ever found out about our secret meetings his life and mine would be over. Our ‘secret’ meetings didn’t happen until Bentley left us alone for two hours to be with some Monica chick. So honestly he really set us up.

Knock Knock

“Did you really come through the window? I told you nobody was here.” I said opening my window.

“I know but I like our secret passage even when I don’t have to sneak around” Drew said closing the curtains.

“I missed you” I said kissing his lips

“I missed you too babe.” he said walking to my bed with me still attached to his lips.

Before I knew it we were on top of each other. While in the moment my phone busted out into “I’M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTIAN DEW!”from Talladega Nights.

“Is that your boyfriend texting you?” Drew joked.

I reached over for my phone. It was Liam.

“Haha very funny. No, it’s Liam.”

Drew started kissing my neck. In between kisses he said “He can wait can’t he?”

He kissed lower and lower then began to unbutton my skinny jeans.

“I guess so.” I said smiling.

Boom!

They were home.

“I think this is going to be the best season of football ever!” Bentley said from afar

“Shit; their home! You gotta get out of here.” I said in a whisper

“Don’t worry once they are in the house I’ll jump out our secret passage” He said kissing my lips one more time.

“You’re a rebel Drew Smith….I like it! It’s sexy” I said coming after him.

“Well you know” He said kissing my lips again.

“Aria who are you talking to?” Dad said as he walked up the steps.

“Go go go!”

“You might want to put your pants on. Haha bye!” Drew chuckled

“Oh just the girls on webcam.” I said while trying to squeeze back into my skinny jeans.

Right as dad reached my room I plopped down into my desk chair closing my laptop.

“Hey dad, how was the physical?”

“It was great…” He said trailing off, looking around my room.

“I could’ve sworn I heard a guys voice in here…are you sure nobody was here?”

“Dad of course. Nobody was here. Don’t you worry” I said patting his back and leading him out of my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it
Don't forget to comment and subscribe!
I love you guys!