‹ Prequel: The Square Root

Endlessly

Always & Forever

I leaned against the doorway to the bathroom, watching Ryan finish up his morning routine. He was still shirtless, and only had his jeans on. I looked at him through the mirror from behind, and through his reflection, I saw the tattoo on his hip. It was just a medium sized fancy looking letter “R”.

What is this Haze? You know I hate people calling me Ryan. I swear, when we get back home, I’m adding a J to this,” he frowned at me.

“Ryan,” I whined. “But it looks really good on you,” I reasoned. He shook his head at me, trying to convince himself to not listen to me. “Add a J to it, this trip never happened,” I shrugged, and walked away with a smirk, knowing that I’ve won that fight.


My eyes trailed down his back, seeing part of the second tattoo that I had him get.

You’ll Always Be My Thunder.

“Why that line?” he asked me as we watched TV a few weeks after our Paris trip.

“What?” I asked, seriously confused.

“You’ll always be my thunder,” he said. I blushed and buried my face into his chest. “Don’t be embarrassed,” he laughed at me. “I’m just really curious.”

“I’m scared of thunderstorms,” I said to him. “I’m scared of you. You’re my weakness,” I said as if it was nothing.

“Why? Why are you so scared of me?” he asked, pushing me away slightly so he could look at my face. His own face was full of seriousness.

“Because you could easily break me.”


“You do know it’s rude to stare right?” he asked, turning to me with that familiar smirk on his face, breaking me out of my flashbacks.

“Is it bad that I’m admiring how handsome you are?” I asked, walking up to him and wrapped my hand around his neck, pulling his face down to me and kissed him on the lips.

“If I get that all the time, then stare away,” he laughed. I shook my head at him and kissed him once more before walking out to the room that we shared.

I stripped off my shirt, leaving me in my bra as I searched for the shirt I was going to wear. I didn’t care that Ryan was in the room. My bathing suit exposed just as much skin. I was about to pull my shirt on but I felt familiar arms around my torso and I was pulled into their chest.

I felt lips attach themselves to my neck, making me shiver. “Do you know how fucking beautiful you are?” he murmured.

“You tell me every day. Now let me go. I’m half naked,” I laughed at him.

“I’m sorry. I saw that tattoo and fuck. You’re just irresistible. I’m not even gonna make excuses,” he told me.

I blushed like crazy and stuck my tongue out at him. “Stop being a suck up and let me get changed,” I said pushing him away.

“Okay okay. I’ll go check on the others,” he mumbled and walked out of the room as I put my shirt on. I was attempting to close my luggage when Ryan walked back in with two muffins – one that he was halfway done with and one untouched one.

“Guys! We’re gonna be late! Come on! Let’s go!” Tristan’s voice boomed throughout the whole beach house.

“Will you please take a chill pill?” I yelled back out.

“Relax beautiful, you’re get wrinkles on that gorgeous face of yours,” Ryan whispered in my ear, hugging me.

“I know, I know. I’m sorry. I just don’t wanna leave,” I pouted at him.

“We still have three years of college left. We’ll get through it then we’ll spend every waking hour together somehow,” he smiled and kissed me.

“But we barely made it through last year,” I sighed.

“But we did, didn’t we?”

“What if we don’t this time?” I asked worriedly.

He took a deep breath, and hugged me tight. “I’m no angel, I’m just me. But I will love you endlessly,” he whispered, quoting the permanent ink that had been engraved into my skin a year and a half ago on probably the best day in my life.

“Let’s get to the airport first, guys?” Kyle asked walking past out room, not even bothering to look inside.

I gripped onto Ryan’s collar and gave him one last peck and turned to close my bag completely.

We walked out of the beach house and towards the deck. Where were we? Well, we were in the Fiji islands in our own island - which was a graduation gift from my parents and the Dolciani’s for Ryan, Stephanie and I.

“Why didn’t we just take the private jet?” I frowned.

“Because mom went to Italy for a fashion show,” Tristan frowned and put all our stuff in the motorboat. Everyone got on, and I looked up at the huge beach house.

“I’ll miss you,” I frowned, blowing it a kiss. “I’ll see you next summer.”

“Oh hell no, and I thought I had no competition.” Ryan frowned, stomping on the white sand towards the motorboat where a fraction of most important people in my life were aboard on – My brother and his girlfriend, my bestfriend Kyle and his girlfriend Samantha. Yes, that very same Samantha. I happily went aboard and Tristan started steering us to the main island. I walked over to Ryan who was batting his eyelashes at me and pouting.

“Awh, don’t worry handsome. You’re my one and only,” I said walking over to him and sat on his lap, kissing his nose lightly.

He beamed. “I know,” he grinned at me and kissed me on the lips.

“You know, I really don’t care that you guys have been together for awhile. I’d still beat you up if you have a hot make out session in front of me,” Tristan shouted from inside.

“Right back at you bro,” Ryan shouted back, pulling me closer. I buried my face in the crook of his neck. “School starts in a few days,” he whispered to me.

“Yeah,” I frowned.

“You really don’t want to move to Berkeley with me?” he frowned.

I looked at him, and got up. “Ry, we’ve been over this many times. Stanford is the closest school that offers Music management,” I sighed and sat next to him. “You know that if they offered it in UC Berkeley, I’d take it in a heartbeat,” I told him. “You know, Stanford has a business management program,” I took the chance.

“They do?” he asked. I nodded. He beamed. “You didn’t tell me that,” he pouted.

“I just did.”

“You didn’t tell me sooner,” he sighed. “I would’ve moved,” he said.

“I just found out last night. Apparently they’ve had it for a few years now,” I said to him.

“Babyboo, you know sometimes I think you can be such a blonde,” he shook his head at me, making me gasp. He quickly pressed a quick kiss to my lips “Next semester. I’ll transfer. I promise,” he half smiled at me.

“What? Really?” I asked disbelievingly.

“You act like you don’t believe me,” he smirked, pulling me back on his lap.

“Because! That’s a huge decision,” I told him.

“And if it meant that I had to give up my position in the company to be with you, I would. You know I’d give anything to be with you,” he smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

“Aw damn. This is dangerous,” I said to him.

“Why?”

I looked at him in the eyes. “Because you keep making me fall in love with you over and over again,” I smiled at him.

“I love you,” he smiled at me.

“I love you too,” I beamed and kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, some things are going to be changing in this one :) Hopefully shorter so we could focus more on the next one :)
I'll be changing the background too :)