I Can't Stay Away

Have Love Will Travel

Back on the bus things were awkward between Kyle and me. He could never be around Eric and me at the same time which sucked cause I missed talking to him. Eric acted the same to me as he did before anything happened and I was starting to feel like no matter what I did I wasn’t enough for anybody.

“Hey can we talk, privately?” I asked Eric as we sat in the front of the bus with a bunch of the guys. He agreed and we moved to the back.

“Okay so what is going on with us?” I asked it was driving me crazy.

“Well Kennedy, I’m not sure what to tell you.”

“Just tell me the truth that’s all I want to hear.” I was just hoping the truth was what I wanted to hear.

“Kenny we just can’t work on tour, I don’t want us to end up like all the other couples that start on tour, and having to hide it from Kyle is too big of a risk.”

“Okay now I know, I’ll just leave you alone then.” I said walking away until Eric’s hand grasped my arm and pulled me back to him and we were face to face.

“We can still continue what we’re doing right?” I scoffed how could he even ask that?

“No Eric we can’t it isn’t worth me getting attached to you again I can just get what I need from other people.” I sighed “I guess the thought of you and me was too good to be true, I should have known. I worked and tried too hard for nothing except a new dress and some lame ass lingerie. At least Jon appreciated me and kind of fought for me. I hope you have a nice life.” I walked away holding in tears.

“Kyle we need to talk.”I said walking through the front of the bus and right out the door as he followed. “I need off this tour, when is the soonest I can leave?”

“What? What’s wrong? I mean I guess we can get a replacement for you but why do you want to leave?” he was so concerned and it hurt that I couldn’t tell him everything.

“Kyle I’ve been going crazy and been making the worst decisions ever I just need to go, tour after what I’d been through was the worst idea I could have had.” He hugged me and I needed it.

“If you’re serious and want to leave I can get someone by tomorrow to fill in for you, so you’ll just have to finish the day.” I thanked him and went into the venue to finish my day and booked a flight on my droid. I was standing there thinking about how I was finally going to escape and there was nothing keeping me there. Jon walked up to me while I was thinking this.

“Kenny are you and me really done?” he asked and I was so sick of his dumb questions.

“Jon please just leave I’m not in the mood to explain this shit right now.” I said sitting down in my fold out chair.

“Can we talk later tonight maybe?”

“Probably not I’ll be on a plane by 10 tonight.” I said hoping he would leave me alone after that.

“Your leaving?” He asked shocked.

“Warped tour isn’t doing good to me so I’m leaving yes. Tour is over in a couple weeks anyways so I won’t be missing out on too much. Plus maybe I’ll be sane again once I leave.” I doubtfully spoke.

“Well do you have a ride to the airport? Do you want some company on your flight?”

“I don’t have a ride I figured I’d just get a taxi or something. I definitely need company but I guess I’m just shit out of luck.”

“I’ll drive you to the airport, no way am I going to let you pay for a taxi. And if there are extra tickets for the flight I’ll go back home with you.” He was being sweet it was a breath of fresh air to see him be nice.

“Really? Even though we aren’t together you’d do that for me?” He nodded smiling at me. I could fall for Jon so easily it wasn’t fair he had this damn charm about him that I couldn’t get over. The only time I could easily get over it was when I was falling for Eric.

My day of working ended fast and then I went back to the bus to get all my shit together so I could leave. I walked into the bus quietly and could hear Eric yelling at Kyle and I was glad I was leaving soon fights were the worst. I didn’t even try to attempt to hear why they were fighting but I did he ‘why would you let this happen!’ from Eric. It was horrible because the boys never fought with each other.

I put all that was mine that I could find into my bag and was about to get my other bags from luggage when I heard the fighting stop and Eric stormed out of the back of the bus, fuming.

“Oh, you’re here you didn’t hear any of that did you?” He awkwardly asked standing too far away from me.

“I didn’t hear anything except mostly mumbled yelling don’t worry.” I annoyingly spoke

“Wait, you have your bags, you’re leaving already?” He asked

“Yes, my flight is at 10 so I need to leave soon.” He looked confused and surprisingly upset.

“Well I guess you have to go then, so bye? I’ll see you when we go through California though right?” He questioned

“I never miss any of your shows out there so yea I guess so.” I was so sick of this awkward conversation so I just walked out of the bus to get the rest of my bags and then once I had all my stuff I walked to Jon’s band’s van. Jon, his band, and I drove to the airport Jon and I got out of the van at the airport leaving the rest of his band to follow warped tour by themselves.

We walked into the airport, picked up out tickets, went through the metal detectors, and then it was time to wait for our flight to board. Jon and I sat there talking about everything casually and it wasn’t weird between us we had a lot to catch up about. While waiting there I received a few texts from people on Warped Tour who had just found out I left, most of them were upset and of course forcing me to go to Warped when it came to California again, which of course I promised.

The plane ride with Jon wasn’t s awkward as I expected it to be, it was actually quite nice, he was being a gentleman and I even fell asleep on his shoulder before the flight was over.

We got back to California early in the morning before the sun was up and we were both insanely tired. “Jon my house is closer, how about we just get one cab and we got to my house and I’ll drive you home in the morning so we don’t waste money on two cabs.” He agreed and thought it was an amazing idea.

We walked into Bree’s and my apartment quietly and entered my room that I never missed so badly in my life. Jon and I laid down cuddling with each other it was strange but awkwardly comfortable probably because it was so familiar to me. And then I thought of cuddling with Eric and then I felt dumb and I was just filling a void in my life with Jon again because I couldn’t have Eric
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
Okay so this is the shortest chapter ever and also a semi filler even though some stuff does go down I am sorry I will try and update soon. But please comment because the more comments I get the faster I update :)
oh and check it out I updated the list of bands I've seen live so you can see that here
and I also posted a journal about bands that mean a lot to me and you can read that here

Title Credit: The Black Keys - Have Love Will Travel