I Can't Stay Away

Don't Forget: Lock The Door

I woke up the next morning and walked into the front where all the guys were drinking.
“Isn’t it a little too early to be drinking?” I asked
“It’s never too early for a can of beer; it’s what gets me ready for the day.” Sauce, Breathe’s keytar/ guitarist said. I grabbed Kyle’s beer from his hands and took a sip.
“I’d rather have a soda I think” I said grabbing a coke out of the fridge which was hidden behind all the variations of alcohol that stocked their fridge.
“So Eric told me you got back together with your ex, how is that going for you?” Kyle asked, I sighed I was pissed and confused as to why Eric thought this was true.
“I am not back with Jon and I never plan on getting back with him ever.” I was mad now I didn’t expect a stupid rumor like this to start on warped tour.
“You sure seemed pretty friendly with him yesterday.” Eric said and I scoffed, he was easily pissing me off at the moment.
“Okay yea which time? When he pushed me to the floor or when he forced himself on me and made me kiss him? Cause yea that was just fucking lovely.” I said as my eyes started watering, this was getting ridiculous.
“Oh my God Kenny I’m so sorry I didn’t even know, I thought you kissed him.” He spoke awkwardly as he tried getting up to give me a hug, but I didn’t want his comfort.
“Don’t touch me!” I yelled when he tried to wrap his arms around me. “I don’t need your pity I mean you obviously think I’m fucking retarded and would get back with that ass, I can’t believe I trusted you and told you my business, just leave me alone now.” I walked out of the bus and got some clothes out of my bag then walked back into the bus so I could change. I passed by Eric who looked rightfully sorry. Once I was done getting dressed I walked to the front of the bus and grabbed a beer.
“I thought it was too early to drink” David said as I sat down.
“Sometimes people irritate you so much you have to make an exception.” I said giving Eric a glare. It was only day two and this tour was already getting to me.
The rest of the day was spent doing merch and avoiding Eric and Jon. Kyle kept asking me if I was okay through the day I guessed I caused quite the scene in the bus that morning. When I was done packing up the tent I walked back to the bus and Kyle told me about the barbeque that was going to start soon. He convinced me to go by bringing up the free food and alcohol, plus it was a ‘good time’ I thought I deserved some fun after the last two days of tour.
I put on a different outfit which was a cute little dress with some simple combat boots, fixed my make-up, and then I headed over to the barbeque.(Outfit) I saw Eric and Jon right away and I was automatically dreading this night already. I walked over to the table with the food and drinks and grabbed a burger and a beer and sat down by the bonfire.
“Hello.” The guy I sat next to said in an adorable English accent.
“Hi, uh am I in someone’s spot or something because I can move.” I said since I had no idea why this kid was talking to me. He chuckled a bit before he talked again.
“No, no I was just trying to be friendly I’m Ollie, and you are?” he asked, the accent was a killer.
“I’m Kennedy you can call me Kenny though if you’d like.” He had a beautiful smile.
“Well Hi Kenny nice to meet you, what band are you here with?” he asked, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.
“I’m doing merch for Breathe Carolliena actually.” I smiled at his smile.
“Those boys are chill as fuck!” he said “I’m in Bring Me The Horizon, you might have heard of them.” He smiled; great of course I would meet a good looking, heavily tatted rock star, like I really needed to know any more of them.
“Yea I have actually, I never knew what you looked like though” I awkwardly said.
“Do you like our music?” he was excited
“Uhm do you want my truthful answer?” he nodded “well no, not really. It just isn’t my thing. Sorry, you seem nice though.” I plastered on an awkward smile.
“Good to know someone thinks I’m nice, I usually hear from everyone that meets me that I’m a dick, but that IS my fans, but I mean do you really expect me to be nice to someone when they are tugging on my clothes and trying to grab my hair while they scream as loud as possible, I mean it’s great that they are excited but Jesus fucking Christ.”
“Yea, I feel bad for you although I can’t relate much.” I said finally opening my beer. “So I thought these barbeques were supposed to be fun” I said semi mocking the boring atmosphere.
“They get better later into the tour, no one really knows each other at this point.”
“That would have been nice to know before I dragged my lazy ass down here. Maybe I’ll just go back to my bus I mean there’s food and beer there too, I can even watch a bonfire on my laptop.” I laughed at myself “You know what I think I will go back to my bus.” I stood up from my seat.
“Mind if I walk you there going back to the buses sounds like a pretty good idea.” He smiled at me, he did have a breathtaking smile.
“No, I don’t mind. Company is always welcomed,” I smiled. I finished my beer on the way to the buses on the walk Ollie and I talked about mainly his life. Once we got to BC’s bus I asked if he wanted to come in and chat for awhile and he accepted the offer.
Once I walked in I grabbed us both a beer and we sat down across from each other at the table and talked longer than expected to the point where we finished six beers each. I wasn’t used to drinking regularly so I was between buzzed and wasted. I ended up talking to him about Jon and my relationship which I would have never done sober. In the process of telling him about Jon I even started crying and then Ollie came over and sat next to me to let me cry into him. Isn’t it crazy how talking to a stranger can help you release thoughts?
“Darling you’ll be okay You’ll meet someone who will treat you better, who knows maybe you’ll even meet someone on this tour.” He said winking at me and I giggled.
“I don’t think I need anymore band boys in my life.” I slurred out.
“You could find a nice one, one that doesn’t make you cry this much.” He lifted my head up and wiped a tear away with his thumb.
“Are there any nice guys out there anymore?” I asked sniffling my nose
“You’re looking at one of them.” He laughed “I sound like a total asswipe” I agreed and we laughed and drank a few more beers and I was now wasted and still crying to Ollie. He was being completely sweet about the whole thing he was more comforting that a lot of people I’d vented to.
Ollie was like that gay best friend you could talk to that would say what you wanted to hear it was like we weren’t strangers at all.
He reassured me that I was beautiful and that I wasn’t stupid and any guy would be lucky to have me, then he lifted my face up and kissed me. His lips were so soft it was it was nice at first in my drunken brain but as I was kissing him images of Jon poured through my head and I pulled away.
“Something wrong love?” He asked and his accent could kill me.
“I’m not ready for this, I barely know you. No matter how wasted I am right now I can’t do this.” I felt bad for some reason.
“Well maybe I should get back to the barbeque it’s kind of awkward in here.” He said standing up.
“I’ll walk you there I feel really bad I’m just shook up.” Tears continued rolling down my face. “I’ve never cried this much.”
“Its fine I’ve just never been turned down before you’re a challenge.” He chuckled as he opened the door to see Eric about to walk in.
“Why the fuck is Oliver Sykes in our bus with you?!” Eric yelled.
“Hey Eric how’ve you been?” Ollie said to him reaching out for a handshake.
“No don’t try to be friendly with me, why is Kenny crying?!” He yelled
“Eric you honestly need to calm down Ollie was just listening to some stuff, some things get emotional he didn’t do anything to make me cry.”
“If I find out any different, you’re dead.” Eric who is probably only 5’5” said to an almost 6 foot tall Oliver Sykes with this scary serious face. It was spooky to see Eric angry he was usually a really peaceful guy. Eric pushed his way onto the bus. I apologized to Ollie and told him I’d see him later and walked back onto the bus to see Eric on the couch with a beer.
“Shady warned me about this side of you. I thought it wouldn’t happen because you barely know me. I sell merch for the band you’re in that’s it.” I said walking to my bunk I knew it wasn’t necessarily true Eric and I knew each other pretty well since we knew each other the past few years but this was annoying. I popped in my earbuds and turned my ipod on shuffle which started with New Again by Taking Back Sunday which calmed me down a bit. Warped tour was definitely not all it was cracked up to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Don't Forget: Lock The Doors - Breathe Carolina