Life in the War Zone

Chapter 2

I started walking down the street nervously. I got tons of weird stares from adults and soldiers everywhere. You never see a young girl walking these long, dangerous streets alone. There were gunshots everywhere and bombs going off in every direction. I was just trying to get somewhere remotely safe, if that was possible.

I kept walking and almost got blown up once. I came upon a small alley in between two rundown apartment buildings. I looks like no bombs had been put off there or any gunshots either. It isn't sanitary but it is worth living. I walked down the small alley and layed my stuff down at the end. I sat down and wrapped my arms around my legs and just cried my self to sleep. It didn't last long, I was woken up by the sound of a loud bomb going off very near by.
I shot up nervously to see what was going on. Luckily it was know where that I could see it. That means I'm still safe. Thank god.

I decided to get up and try to find some sort of protection for my head, even if it was a little umbrella. Any thing is better than nothing.

I got up and laid low as I tried to find something along the walls of this small alley. Luckily there was a small Dumpster in the middle that was filled with tons of old broken up boxes and cardboard. I grabbed a few pieces and dragged them down to the end of the alley. I dropped the equipment a bit to hard and and caught the attention of a local attacker walking down the streets of my small town. Frightened, I ran as fast as I could behind the small dumpster and stayed completely quiet. This is when me being 20 pounds to small really helps. It also helps that all the dirt on my body is blending in perfectly with grimy dirtiness of the alley walls.

The man turned down the alley and started walking closer and closer to where I was hiding. I was extremely nervous but I tried my hardest not to breath to loud. The man had a pistol in his hand and was obligated to find me. I hate how everybody makes the littlest things the biggest deal around here. They hear bombs and pistols going off everyday but once they hear one little slam of some debri falling they flip!

I started to get a scratchy feeling in my throat. I felt a huge need to cough. I knew I couldn't. My life depended on it. The scratching got worse so I decided to hold my breath as long as I can. The man walked even closer to the dumpster I was hiding behind as I could feel my face getting more purple. I desperately needed air. I couldn't hold it much longer. The closer the man stepped to the dumpster the more of a need to breathe was urging in my lungs. Eventually I lost control and I took a loud gasp for air. I automatically covered my mouth hoping the sound wouldn't travel too far. My plan didn't work. The man ran over to where I was hiding. He grabbed me by the collar of my old wripped up shirt and he brought me up level with his face. He really freaked me out. I could have sworn his eyes were turning red. And at that very moment I thought those scary eyes were going to be the last thing I saw before I died.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment.
i like the first chapter better though.
it was in better detail.
i wrote this one pretty fast.
I will make sure to make my next chapter a lot better.
[ =