I Hear You Breathing on the Line

two.

When I arrived at the venue I noticed there were already quite a lot of fans lining up outside already. After I got my camera bag out of my backseat I headed inside to find Alli sitting on a stool in the middle of the venue. Typical.

"You're here!" She exclaimed jumping off of her seat and running to me "So the band's in the dressing room, do you want to do it before their set or after?"

"Well, how about after? There's soundcheck and everything in thirty minutes then the show starts. After they can get cleaned up or whatever and we can go do the shoot outside or wherever you'd like?" I asked starting to get out my camera and my 50mm f/1.4.

"Yeah! Oh Lily don't you have sort of a studio at your loft? Like a white backdrop and you have all the equipment set up already right? Could we possibly do it there?" Alli asked with an excited look on her face. I laughed softly and nodded my head. Quickly after that she ran to find someone backstage. Feeling a bit awkward, I pulled the stool over to the bar and sat down there where Jeremy stood getting cups ready and the area cleaned up.

"Well well well if it isn't little miss photo" He laughed looking up and greeting me.

"Little miss photo?" I scoffed, "You come up with the worst nicknames ever."

Jeremy laughed and got back to cleaning the counters and sinks as I sat on the stool tinkering with my camera. After fifteen minutes I decided to go find Alli and see if she wanted to go get something to eat while the bands were doing soundcheck. I found her in the offices talking to a girl with a dark brown undercut. She seemed to be a bit shorter than me and was dressed in an oversized cut band tee and leopard skinnies. I waited for a bit until they were done talking and walked over to Alli with a small smile on my face.

"So do you want to go get something to eat? I'm starving, plus I'm pretty bored." I sighed pulling my cardigan down further.

"Yeah, sure. Let me get my bag and we'll go." She said scurrying off quickly. Five minutes later she returned wearing a loose cardigan on top of her baggy tshrirt and shorts underneath. Following her was the girl she was talking with before.

"You don't mind if Jasmyn comes along too right?" I gave her a reassuring smile before we headed out walking towards the small cafe across the street. Right as we walked in there was a group of girls who started whispering to each other. I shrugged it off and walked up to the counter ordering my drink and sandwich.

We all sat at a small table on the side eating and talking. The girl with the undercut who's name was Jasmyn turned out to be really nice and polite.

"So Lily what do you do, like for a living?" She asked quietly looking up at me.

"Well I work at a CD store. It's pretty boring but I mean I want to start photography as as a full time job but at the moment it's just pretty impossible. I don't make enough to support myself so I need the second job. But I guess I shoot shows, and try to network you know." I said.

"Well you're a damn good photographer, I can say that. It's a pity that you can't make enough though." Alli interjected quickly before I asked Jasmyn what her job was.

"Well I don't really have a job. I mean I help do merch for We Came As Romans if that counts. I just tour with my boyfriend Kyle." A blush snuck up to her face as she said Kyle's name which was extremely adorable.

"So I know you probably get this question a lot, but really what's it like to tour across the country?" I asked shyly putting a small smile on my face.

"I don't get that a lot really, it's more just direct and indirect comments from fans calling me a slut. But back to the question it's pretty cool. The time zones fuck me up a bit though, and the long drives. At the end of the tour though I just feel infinite." She gushed out quickly. I gave her a big smile before taking a bite out of my sandwich. We sat there for another hour or so talking about plans for the future and the bands playing tonight. Alli started to go on and on about the boys that I was supposed to do a photoshoot with tonight, talking about how good looking and attractive they were while Jasmyn agreed. They went onto plans about what we should do after the photoshoot as I sat there awkwardly. After a while I checked the time and told them that it was time to head back to the venue. We quickly finished our drinks and walked back to the venue.

The floor was completely filled with fans and music enthusiasts. The lights were pretty bright and security was scampering to their positions. I made my way through the crowd to reach the side door which would lead me backstage. After assuring the new security guard that I was a photographer and that my pass was real I took my time walking down the hallways until I reached We Came As Romans' dressing room where I was to meet Jasmyn.

I knocked a couple times before a loud bang was heard and the door was opened by a fairly tall guy with dark brown hair. He wore a long sleeved grey pullover and skinny jeans. He had a small smile on his face and he waved awkwardly before Jasmyn stepped into the doorframe with a grin on her face.

She brought me into the dressing room introducing me to all of the boys in We Came As Romans. They seemed fairly nice and a bit crazy. In all honesty I was overwhelmed by how funny they were and found myself constantly holding in laughs so I wouldn't seem like an idiot. The boy who opened the door for me was Jasmyn's boyfriend Kyle who turned out to be pretty nice.

Soon after a well built guy walked in with a walkie talkie in hand. He said something inaudible into the machine before looking up at all of us with an unimpressed look on his face.

"Shows in five minutes." He said with a blank expression before storming out of the dressing room. The bassist Andy ran over and took my hand in his before guiding me to the side of the stage where he grabbed his bass and started warming up. I felt my cheeks warm up and they turned warmer when Jasmyn nudged my side. Right as they were about to go on I bid them farewell and headed to the photo pit where I could start taking pictures.

They put on a great show live, getting the crowd into it. After three songs I put my camera into my bag and headed back up to side stage standing next to Jasmyn while watching them play the rest of their set. They finished and walked off stage, Andy deciding to hug me and drenching me in his sweat. It wasn't pretty. The boys went to go shower as Jasmyn and I headed to the washrooms before going to the photo pit to wait for the next band.

"J-Jasmyn!" A voice squeaked from the crowd suddenly. We both turned around to see a girl who was a bit younger than us, brown hair wearing a We Came As Romans t-shirt gesturing at Jasmyn.

She walked over there quickly and the girl explained that she was a fan, thought that Kyle and her were extremely adorable and asked her about photography. I stood there with a small smile on my face, it was adorable how this girl seemed to look up to her.

The lights dimmed soon after and I felt my heartbeat racing. It's the moments when the lights dim and the whole venue is going crazy, waiting for the band to come on stage. The whole venue was black for a second before the lights started flashing and I gained my ability to look at the band. It turned out to be the four guys from this morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!
I just really like this story and have great plans for it.
Comments and subscriptions would be swell.