I Hear You Breathing on the Line

four.

As my eyes opened the bright sun that was shining through the window stunned my eyes. I quickly closed my eyes again, sitting up. I was laying on top of Mike the whole night and at the moment he was sleeping peacefully on the couch with an innocent look on his face. I giggled to myself softly before I heard a loud knock on the door. Startled, I jumped up quickly and headed to open the door where I was faced with a rather tall guy with dark brown hair.

"Hi, uh…" I stammered awkwardly probably looking disgusting in my clothes from last night and my hair all messed up "Can I help you?"

"Lilly right?" He asked as I nodded "I'm here to get the Pierce The Veil boys. They have a interview with the radio station in an hour… are they here?"

I nodded silently letting him in and walking to the living room where everyone was sleeping, either on the floor, on the couches, or on each other. He sighed looking at the sleeping messes before laughing and glanced around my loft.

"Well nice place you got. I feel like it'd be beautiful if it wasn't for all the sleeping zombies on your floor and everywhere." He laughed "Oh, I'm Chris by the way."

"Nice to meet you Chris," I laughed lightly and he walked over to wake up Jaime. I went over to where Mike was sleeping and poked him lightly in the cheek with a smile on my face. He started moving with a grin on his face before his eyes opened and looked into my eyes.

"You, mister, need to get your ass up and go to some interview thing." I gave him my best pokerface before breaking into a grin. He raised his hand to wipe his eyes a bit before yelling over to Chris.

It turns out that they were supposed to play an acoustic set and do an interview after at a local radio station. They were expected to be there in fifteen minutes and the station was thirty minutes away - without traffic. All the guys started scurrying and making a mess, tripping over things. It was a funny sight to see but it was also pretty disappointing that I was going to have to pick up all the gorgeous daises that are now scattered over my living room floor. Before they left Mike quickly ran back to me and grabbed my hand dragging me along.

"What are you doing?" I half screamed as I was being dragged down the hallway of my apartment building.

"You're coming with us, duh." He laughed before running his hands through my hair as if he was trying to fix it. I gave him a glare before trying to explain to him that I was still in yesterday's clothes and I looked terrifying. He shrugged it off and kept on dragging me to the van that was waiting for them.

Mike and I took the back row as the other guys piled into van. As soon as his brother Vic took a seat in the row in front of ours he turned around with a mischievous grin.

"So you two…" He grinned looking at Mike and I along with Mike's arm that was draped around my shoulder.

"Got a problem with it bro?" Mike glared with a joking smile on his face "She's all mine!" Feeling my cheeks turn red fast I buried my face in his shoulder before hearing a light chuckle emerge from his lips.

We drove into the always beautiful downtown San Diego stopping in front of a tall forty story high-rise. Mike grabbed my hand leading me out of the van and into the building. The lobby was scattered with busy business people walking to the elevators in a rush to their office. In the middle of the lobby was a beautiful help desk decked with granite table tops and a statue of a question mark in the middle. Attached on the statue was branches which showed where the offices were located. We all walked towards the elevators before heading up to the twenty-eighth floor.

The elevator doors opened to show a bright colored front desk, the company logo beaming on the wall behind it. After Chris went to go and check in with the receptionist we took a seat at a comfy looking purple couch.

"Why did you take me here?" I glanced up at Mike with a confused look on my face.

"Just wanted to I guess. I need moral support." He grinned wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Vic sniffled a laugh right before a young woman dressed in a cardigan and short flower dress walked up and escorted us into a radio room. After having the band reassure me that I was allowed in the room and I wouldn't be a problem I took a seat next to Chris on a couch in the background.

Shortly after a man and a woman walked in with big smiles on their faces. The man who introduced himself as Thomas was roughly tall and dressed in the casual plaid shirt and jeans. The woman on the other hand was dressed in a short black dress that stopped mid-thigh and four inch heels. She had a sickening sweet voice and spoke as if she was trying to seduce the band as she introduced herself as Emely. Shortly after they said hello's and talked for a couple minutes it was time for the interview to start.

Emely kept on flirting with the band the whole time, batting her eyelashes and reaching out to caress Mike's elbow. Since their backs were turned to me I was unable to see his reaction but I got that odd feeling in the pit of my stomach that I couldn't decode. Thomas however was really interested in the band and asked fantastic questions. I was able to learn quite a bit about them during that time even though half of it was spent glaring at Emely.

"So, who is that girl over there?" She raised a finger pointing at me and spilling out the words in an obnoxiously slow manner.

"Who, that girl over there, Lilly?" Tony glanced over at me "She's Mike's new wh-"

"She's a close friend." Mike stated glaring over at Tony "Lilly's actually a photographer, we did a really fun shoot last night so I'm excited for all the fans and everyone to see the new photos. She's great at what she does really."

Mike looked over at me with a smile and I returned one half-heartedly. Was Tony about to say that I was his new "whore"? What did that mean? He was joking, right?

I quickly shook that thought out of my head and listened to the rest of the interview. After it was done Chris went to go help Vic and Tony get their acoustic guitars set up and Mike came to take a seat next to me. He put his arm around my shoulder once again and I went to move in closer to him, much to the death glare from Emely.

"Mike, what did Tony mean when he said that I was your new 'whore'?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it, he's just joking." He quickly said pulling me closer to him. "Something you need to worry about though, protecting yourself from the death glare of skanky McHoe over there." I giggled before looking over to a very pissed of Emely who seemed extremely impatient and wanted this whole thing done with.

After everything was set up Vic and Tony started playing 'Caraphernelia' as I laid my head on Mike's shoulder listening to the wonderful sound. Vic had such a great voice and he was really blessed to still be able to sing so high. After they finished their song and wrapped up Emely immediately stormed out of the room causing me to bury my face in Mike's chest laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while. Things have been crazy, on the plus side, I saw Pierce The Veil at Gamechangers and they are just the greatest guys ever.
Enjoi.

Comments & Subscriptions are appreciated