I Hear You Breathing on the Line

five.

I opened my door to face none other than one of my best friends Adam smirking at me. I let him in and he followed me to the living room, where he plopped down on my couch. As I started to pick up all the garbage and clean up the mess that was all over my loft, I felt his smirk stab my back.

"What?" I almost yelled turning around to face him.

"So I heard that a little bird met the guys of Pierce The Veil last night, and was rather fond with a certain drummer." He said still smirking my way.

"Yeah, so what?" I sent him a joking glare and finished cleaning up sitting down next to him.

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me in a slightly awkward hug. Quickly after he got up, turning on the TV and putting in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and sat down next to me. I scooted closer to him laying my head on his shoulder as we watched one of his favorite movies in silence.

"Hey, um... this is going to sound really weird and stupid but," He started to talk before pausing. I looked at him expectedly and he swallowed before continuing "I know you might have something with Mike but... I was just wondering if you'd like to go get dinner or something with me sometime?"

"Yeah, I'd love to" I gleamed leaning over to engulf him in a huge hug. Adam was one of my best friends but deep down I always felt something for him. When I first met him I had a huge crush on him but it slowly faded as we became best friends. The feelings was still there though.

I got up and went to get ready as we were both free tonight. After taking a quick shower I got dressed in my white tank top, high waisted shorts, black belt, and my black Toms. We headed out soon after, deciding on getting something simple to eat and then heading to the beach before the movies. We stopped by the local In & Out getting burgers and then headed to the beach. We sat on the dock looking out at the beautiful ocean and sunset in front of us.

I was so focused on the beauty of the sunset I didn't realize that Adam left to go get his camera until he snapped a photo of me.

"Hey!" I pouted grabbing his camera to look at the picture and delete it.

"Aw, it was cute." He laughed taking his camera back and taking a picture of the pier. We hung out at the beach for a while taking pictures and playing in the sand. I had to admit, I was having a great time with Adam.

When eight o'clock rolled around we went back to his car and headed to the movie theaters. We decided to go see The Hangover II, after getting tickets we went to go get popcorn. However when we were heading to the theater, Adam stopped in his tracks and started frantically waving to somebody who was by the arcade. After taking a better look, it was Mike with a tall blonde girl by his side. She obviously had extensions put in and her chest was way larger than naturally possible.

Mike headed over to where Adam and I stood and she followed suit. Mike and Adam started talking about a party that happened at Casey's house a few weeks ago. Soon after Mike looked at me, then looked at Adam with a surprised look on his face.

"I've known Lilly forever, she's one of the closest people in my life." Adam said as if he was reading Mike's mind "Who's your friend, Mike?"

"Oh, this is my girlfriend Alexa."
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated!! Sorry, things have been a bit hectic but I know which direction to go in now. I hope you guys like it!