Status: In progress!

Thanks for the Memories

Losing Contact.

Cameron and I communicated with each other every day. But as the weeks went by, we talked less and less.
He started this band called Allstar, which I’ve supported since the beginning. Later they changed the name to Allstar Weekend.
As they got more and more famous, Cameron and I stopped talking, for he was more focused on this musical career he had ahead of him. I still followed his band, keeping up to date with all the news.

A few years went by.
It was eventually May 20th, which was Cameron’s 20th birthday. It’s been 3 years since I’ve seen him. I hadn’t talked to him for at least two months, and I missed his voice more than ever. So, I decided to call him to wish him a happy birthday, which I would’ve done either way. I was still madly in love with him, and we were still together.
Or at least, so I thought.
I entered in his number, only to hear a different voice on the other line.
“I’m sorry,” the voice said. “The number you have dialed has been disconnected.”

I dropped my phone onto the ground, not knowing how to react to what I just heard.
Cameron disconnected his number, changed it, and didn’t even bother to tell me?
I grabbed a hold of the charm around my neck, rubbing it between my thumb and index finger. Tears formed in my eyes.
I needed to see him. Soon.
I went to their MySpace page, and scrolled down to tour dates. They were having their first full United States tour this summer, for their album, Suddenly, and they’re having some band called Action Item open for them.

I read through the dates till I found what I was looking for.
JUNE 7TH: ALLSTAR WEEKEND & ACTION ITEM – NEW YORK
I clicked “Buy Tickets” and purchased one.
Cameron and I were going to be re united in less than a month, and that will probably be one of the best days I’ve had in a long time.
Oh, how I missed that boy. My boy. My love.

* * *
I’ve been waiting for this day forever.
What day was it? The day I get to see the one and only, Cameron Quiseng again.
I picked out a yellow ruffled top from Hollister, and my favorite American Eagle shorts, along with a pair of gladiator sandals and my aviators.
I looked down at my hand; to make sure my mother’s wedding ring was still there.

My mom passed away from cancer when I was 10 year’s old, and Alice was 8. When she died, I had gotten her wedding ring, which I’ve never taken off to this day. It was definitely one of my most prized possessions.
My phone started ringing, interrupting my thoughts.

“Hello?” I said.
“Sydney!” I heard a voice squeal into the receiver.
“Jenna!” I laughed, echoing her squeal.

Jenna is my best friend from back home, in California. We actually stayed in touch, unlike Cameron and I.

“How are you, dahhhling?”
“I’m actually just about to head out, Jen. “
“Oooh sorry. Bad time to call?”
“Nah, I got a minute! Whats up?”
“I’m coming to New York! To see you!”
“No way! When?”
“Next week.”
“Really? Ah! I can’t wait to see you!”
“I can’t wait to see you too! Since you’ve been too lazy to get your butt back over here to San Diego.”
“Sorry! I never had the time to visit. But I’m so excited to see you, really! I got to go now, though. I’ll call you later, and we can talk ALL about it. Okay?”
“Okay! Bye Syd, love you, girly!”
“Bye Jen! Love you too!”

I hung up and smiled to myself. I get to see my best friend next week!
But, that wasn’t important right now. What was important was tonight.
The only thing that mattered at the moment is Cameron.
I walked downstairs, to the front door.
“I’m leaving!” I called out, incase my dad or Alice heard.
Locking the door behind me, I walked down the driveway to where my car was parked, in the street.

After driving for about 20 minutes, I stopped at Starbucks. The venue was only about 10 minutes away.
I got in line, to order. The guy in front of me was getting handed 7 drinks.
“Got enough there?” I joked.
He turned around. “Oh! It’s not all for me. My band is waiting in the van.”
“Band?”
“Yeah! I’m in a band called Action Item.”
“No way! I’m seeing you guys tonight, with Allstar.”
“Really? Awesome! I’m Mark.”
“I’m Sydney. It’s nice to meet you.” I turned to the counter, realizing it was my turn to order. “One tall vanilla bean frappuccino please.” I paid her, and she handed me my drink. Mark waited for me.
“Want a hand?” I asked. He nodded, and I took one of the trays from him.
We walked out to his van, and he opened the passenger door.
“Thanks Sydney.” He smiled, getting into the car. He took the other tray from me, and started handing drinks out to everyone.
“Who’s that?” The guy in the driver seat asked.
“This is Sydney.” Mark smiled. “She’s going to be at the show tonight. Sydney, this is Dan. The rest of the guys are in the back.”
“Nice to meet you Dan!” I smiled at him. “Well, I better get going. It was nice to meet you, Mark!”
“You too,” he responded. “See you tonight!”
I walked away to my car, and drove to the venue.
♠ ♠ ♠
blah.
crap chap. lmfao.

here's sydneys outfit. (: http://www.polyvore.com/lt/set?id=27059855

I'll post another chapter tomorrow, hopefully!
sorry I didn't update quickly, I was sick for a week and I needed to make up a bunch of chiz at school.
But I'll try to update every couple days, at least. (:

comment and subscribe!
i already have 18 readers, 6 subscribers, and 4 comments! all from only one chapter! aha.
thank you guys so much. <3