Status: In progress!

Thanks for the Memories

Forever & Always.

Last night didn’t really go as planned.
In fact, it didn’t go at all as planned.
Cameron forgot about me.
I sat up in bed, stretching my arms. I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My face was red and puffy, from crying all night. All of my makeup was smeared, and my hair was a mess. I sighed.
I slid off my ring, unclipped my Cameron necklace, and undressed, hopping into the shower. The water made my face return to normal color, and it also helped clear out my mind. I tried to not think about what happened last night. After all, I have a date with Mark this afternoon. The thought of that made me smile.
I was really happy I met Mark. He really is a sweetheart.

When I was finally ready, I went over to my bedside table. I picked up my phone to text Mark when and where we would meet, only to find a text from him already waiting in my inbox.

Mark: Hey. (: How about 1:00 for lunch? & do you mind if I bring a friend?
Sydney: sounds perfect! Where are we going? & Of course!

He's probably bringing his girlfriend. So much for thinking I actually had a thing going on with Mark.

Mark: How about that little Italian place, Mangiamo? Ever heard of it?
Sydney: I love that place! I used to go there all the time back in California, with my ex-boyfriend. I didn't know they had one in New York!

Ex-boyfriend meaning, Cameron. That was our favorite place to go to when we were together. It was the location he asked me out, and it had been our special restaurant ever since.

Mark: my friend recommended it!
Sydney: oh, that's cool! So... What's your friends name?
Mark: you'll find out at the restaurant. (;
Sydney: ahaha. ? Okay than.
Mark: We'll see you in half an hour!

I hadn't realized it was already 12:30. I quickly grabbed my purse, stuffing everything I needed inside of it. According to Google maps, the restaurant was about 20 minutes away.

I shuffled downstairs and into my dads’ office.
"Can I borrow the car keys?" I asked him.
"What for?" he responded, not looking up from his work.
"I'm going out to lunch with a friend. I'll be back around 3:00 or 3:30."
He dug into his pocket and pulled out the car keys, tossing them to me.

When I arrived at the restaurant, the waiter asked for the name of my reservation.
"Uh, Shami, for three?" I said, unsure if Mark put it under his name.
The waiter scrolled down his list, until he found my name. He smiled and nodded, leading me to my table. I was immediately greeted by Mark, who embraced me in a friendly hug.
We both sat down, and then I noticed the third person sitting at the table.
I cursed under my breath.
You've got to be kidding me.
Mark smiled, not knowing the tension going on between his guest and I.
"This is Sydney," Mark motioned towards me, to his friend. "Sydney, this is Cameron." I tensed up when he said his name. Cameron seemed just as uncomfortable as I was. I doubt he knew I was coming. "I know you really wanted to meet him last night, but he wasn't feeling well so you weren't able to. So I thought I'd invite him."
I just stared at both of them, not saying anything. Mark searched my face, looking for some kind of reaction.
I cleared my throat. "Oh, uh. Thanks Mark. That's really sweet of you."
We sat there awkwardly, while Mark kept trying to get a conversation going.
Finally a waiter came up.
"I'll have the spaghetti and meatballs." Mark stated.
"Uh, me too." I told the waiter. I usually ordered the ravioli whenever I came here with Cameron.
"I'll have the chicken Parmesan with a slice of garlic bread," Cameron stated.
& He would always order exactly that.
"With a side of red sauce." I added, finishing up his usual order.
Cameron nodded. "Uh, yeah. What she said."
The waiter walked away. My blood was boiling. I was trying to forget about
Cameron, and this really wasn't helping. The waiter came back 5 minutes later.
"I'm sorry, I forgot to ask if you wanted anything to drink."
"I'll just have a water." Mark told him.
"I'll take a lemonade." I said.
If Cameron even dared to order his usual drink, I was going to lose it...
"I'll have a sprite, 4 ice cubes please."
That's it. I've had enough. I couldn't take this anymore. I shot up from the table.
I turned towards Mark. "I don't really feel well, I'm going to go. Sorry."
Without saying anything to Cameron, I turned on my heel and stormed out of the restaurant. I quickly got into my car. I noticed a white van following me practically the whole way, but I just ignored it.
I turned into my driveway, and ran inside the house, up to my room.
I took out my guitar. Music was the only thing that could make me feel better.
The doorbell rang, but I ignored it. I started strumming a song by Taylor Swift.
She seriously had a song for everything that happened in a girl’s life, and this one described me perfectly right now. As the chords came out, I automatically started singing, pouring my heart out into the song.

"Once upon a time, I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye
And we caught onto something
I hold onto the night, you looked me in the eye and told me you loved me
Were you just kidding?
'cause it seems to me, this thing is breaking down
We almost never speak
I don't feel welcome anymore
Baby what happened, please tell me?
'cause one second it was perfect, now you're halfway out the door
And I stare at the phone, he still hasn't called
And then you feel so low you cant feel nothing at all
And you flashback to when he said forever and always
Oh, and it rains in your bedroom
Everything is wrong
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone
Cause I was there when you said forever and always
Was I out of line?
Did I say something way too honest, made you run and hide
Like a scared little boy
I looked into your eyes
Thought I knew you for a minute, now I'm not so sure
So here's everything coming down to nothing
Here's to silence that cuts me to the core
Where is this going? Thought I knew for a minute, but I don't anymore
And I stare at the phone, he still hasn't called
And then you feel so low you cant feel nothing at all
And you flashback to when he said forever and always
Oh, and it rains in your bedroom
Everything is wrong
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone
'cause I was there when you said forever and always
You didn't mean it baby, I don't think so
Back up, baby, back up
Did you forget everything
Back up, baby, back up
Did you forget everything
'cause it rains in your bedroom
Everything is wrong
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone
'cause I was there when you said forever and always
Oh, I stare at the phone, he still hasn't called
And then you feel so low you cant feel nothing at all
And you flashback to when we said forever and always
And it rains in your bedroom
Everything is wrong
It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone
'cause I was there when you said forever and always
You didn't mean it baby, you said forever and always... yeah."

Tears were rolling down my cheeks by now. I jumped as I heard a knock on the door. I turned around, surprised to see Mark and Cameron standing in my doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
This wasn't that great of a chapter. Sorry. its been like 2 weeks since ive posted. and i am SOOOOO sorry about that! ive been doing all this sign up shit for high school & all these meetings & crap cause I'm gonna be a freshmen next year so yeah.
but anywaaaaays(: i hope some of you at least kind of enjoy this chapter!
i want 3 comments for the next one. (: and/or 2 more subscribers! thanks you guys<33 i love you all!
btw, credit to taylor swift for the chapter title & lyrics!