Status: In progress!

Thanks for the Memories

He Remembers.

“What the… how the… “ I stammered, confused as to how they were here.
“We followed your car.” Mark blushed. “Your dad let us in. “
He walked up and sat next to me on my bed, Cameron still in the doorway.
“You’ve got a really good voice.” Mark whispered, wiping away a few tears that were streaming down my face.
I looked down, my face turning red. “Thanks.”
“Are… Are you okay?” He seemed unsure if he should ask or not.
“I honestly don’t know right now.”
“Penny for your thoughts?”
I sighed, and looked up at the doorway to where Cameron was standing. He seemed to be avoiding eye contact with me. Mark finally realized something was going on between us, and motioned Cameron over to us.
“Mark, I think we should go…” Cameron started, but Mark interrupted him.
“No. I need to know what’s going on between you two.”
It was silent for a minute, but then Cameron finally spoke.
“Fine.” He grunted. “I’ll tell him.”
“You will?” I asked, surprised. Did he remember me after all? I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.
Cameron nodded, and spoke quietly. “Sydney and I did meet last night. I was meeting some fans by the tour bus, and she was there. I guess we just didn’t start off right, cause we got into a little fight.”
A lump formed in my throat. What a liar, I thought to myself.
“Is that true, Syd?” Mark asked me.
I looked at Cameron, who had guilt smothered across his face.
“Yeah.” I managed to choke out. I wasn’t going to let him get away with his little lie that easily, though. “I realized what a selfish, lying, backstabbing, jerk Cameron really is.”
Mark looked confused. “What are you talking about? Cameron is one of the nicest, funniest, most caring guys I’ve ever met. He’s most definitely not a jerk.”
“Oh really, Mark?” I shot at him, not expecting that much anger to come out of me just from that one little remark. The tears started coming again. “You would not believe what this boy has done to me, how he has made me feel.”
They both looked at each other.
Mark still seemed puzzled, for he gave an unsure look to the two of us.
“I’m going to tell him.” I snarled at Cameron. “The truth.”
“No, Syd, please.” He stammered.
“What are you guys talking about?!” Mark questioned, desperately wanting to know what was going on.
“Mark,” I stated. “Have you ever been in love?” He shrugged, not knowing where this was leading. “It’s a horrible thing, isn’t it? It makes you feel so vulnerable. It opens up your chest, and it opens up your heart. And it means someone can get inside you, and mess you up.” I glared at Cameron, making sure he realized that I was talking about him.
He spoke, before Mark could say anything. “I think we should really go now.”
Mark shushed him. “No, I want to hear what she has to say.”
“No, you really don’t.”
I was about to continue, when Alice poked her head through my door.
“Sydney!” My sister squealed. “You didn’t tell me you were having your old boyfriend over!”
Mark was completely clueless now. “Boyfriend? What?”
“Mark, we’re leaving!” Cameron grabbed Mark’s wrist and dragged him out the door.
I could hear Mark yelling at him. “CAMERON! What did Sydney’s sister mean by OLD BOYFRIEND?”
“It was nothing!” He responded, opening my front door. “I swear. Kids like to make up the stupidest things! I have no clue what either of them were talking about!”
Before I was able to hear anything else, the door slammed shut.
I watched as the white van made its way out of my driveway, down the street, and out of sight.
“What was that about?” I heard a soft voice behind me.
“Oh Alice…” I sighed. “Will you do me a favor?”
She nodded, waiting for me to speak.
“Your only fifteen. Please don’t fall in love too quickly. It’s a big mistake. Trust me.”
She agreed, and murmured quietly, “Do you want to talk about it?”
I shook my head. “Let’s just say, Cameron isn’t the guy he used to be.”
I went back into my bedroom, locking the door, and blasting music from the iTunes library on my laptop. I almost didn’t here the perky ding come from my phone, indicating I had a new text.

One New Message – From: Mark Shami

I opened it, curious as to what it would say.
When I read it, my jaw dropped a little. A smile crept onto my face, as I re-read it out loud to myself.

“On the outside, I’m living, pretending that I’ve forgotten you.
But deep in my heart, I’m suffering, knowing that I’ve lost you.
I could never erase you from my life, Sydney Eloise Boyce.
I’ve missed you. I just wish you could understand why I need to do this.
I’m sorry. <3 Please don’t hate me. It’s only for the best.
I’ll always love you. Forever and Always.
Who knows when I’ll see you again? Truthfully, I really hope it’s soon.
Yours truly,
Cameron Michael Quiseng.
P.S. Yes, I am using Mark’s phone.
Please don’t take it the wrong way; I just can’t give you my new number.
Not yet, at least. Soon though, I promise.“

My thoughts drifted back to what I had just told my sister.
“Cameron isn’t the guy he used to be.”
Maybe I’m wrong.
Maybe, he might actually still be the same guy.
The same guy I fell madly in love with, 3 years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm aiming for 4 or 5 comments? & possibly 2 or 3 more subbers? (:
I kinda like this chapter.
I didn't proof read it, so I'm terrible sorry for any mistakes.
I'm so glad you guys actually like my story. (:
I love you all, I really do. <3