A Dream Come True

Chpt.13

We woke up and I said good morning to everyone. We got ready and headed to an interview that we had. Zach was driving so I sat shotgun. He didn’t even looked at me when I sat down next to him, and I couldn’t stand it anymore. I don’t know what his problem is, I mean did I do something or was it something to do with Allie?

“what`s wrong Zach?” I asked him. He didn’t turn to look at me for even a split second.

“Why would you think anything is wrong?” Zach said, nonchalantly.

“Oh I don’t know. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you won`t even look at me. You didn’t cuddle with me yesterday and you haven’t said a word either.”

“To tell you the truth, I`m having second thoughts about this relationship” Zach said.

I was about to respond but Cameron, Nathan and Michael entered the van. I did not expect Zach to say that. I had seen that we were having some kind of problem, but I had not seen us breaking up in any short time. Apparently, he thought differently. I sat further down in my seat and popped my headphones in. I started to listen to “The Maine”, one of my favorite bands ever. I thought about everything Zach had ever said to me and how he was acting now. What was up with him? He couldn’t be serious, could he? I let a tear escape my eyes, and slowly wiped it away hoping no one saw it, but I saw Cameron look at me as I did this. he will probably ask what`s wrong later and honestly, I can`t wait to tell him. Maybe he can help me. I hope.

We got to the interview place and I got out of the van as fast as I could. I slammed the door shut and ran inside the building as fast as I could. I sat down in one of the couches that were there and Cameron ran behind me.

“Gaby, what`s wrong?” he asked.. I was about to respond, but the rest of the guys came in.

Zach said something to the receptionist and she said to wait as she told the interviewer that we were already here. The boys sat down in the couch next to mine, but I couldn’t take my eyes of from Zach. He kept staring at me with blank eyes, not showing any expression at all. Another tear escaped my eyes and Cameron hugged me. Nathan and Michael saw this too and got up. They realized that I needed to talk to Zach, and Cameron did too because he followed the guys.

“What did you mean when you said you were having second thoughts about this relationship?” I asked Zach, trying not to let my voice break, but failing completely.

“I`m sorry. I just need some time to think.”

“Why? Why the sudden change? Were you lying when you said you loved me? Did you not feel that at all?”

“Of course I felt it. And I still do, I think. It`s just that I think that maybe you are too young for me” he said, looking down.

“Are you kidding me?” I asked in disbelief.

“Unfortunately no” he replied.

“You can go inside now” the receptionist told us.

We got up and entered the room where I had to pretend that everything was perfect when the truth is that my life is falling into pieces. I almost couldn’t handle the pressure, but thankfully I had Cameron there to help me. I faked smiles and laughs although everything I really wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry. Zachary Porter had just broke my heart.