‹ Prequel: Over Dramatic Denial
Status: Updated chapter Six up!

Illicit Estrangement

Somebody save me.

***

Tom was shaken awake, ten minutes, after he had fallen asleep; ass up in bed still fully clothed, by Kate who was yelling and fretting. Still half asleep, he couldn’t process her ramblings; he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“Hey listen baby, shut up for a minute; I have no idea what you are going on about in the slightest.”

Kate slowed down took a large intake of breath and started again, this Tom processed everything and was racing out the door within seconds, Kate close behind him warning him to stay calm and that everything would be ok.

“Bill is being interrogated because Becca’s gone missing? How is that ok? Bill would never, ever, hurt a hair on the girl’s head. It’s not his fault she decided to be a dumb arse and get herself mixed up in the world of whores!” he exploded, placing his hands on his head and trying not to cry, he would not cope if his twin got done for this, it would kill him.

Kate tried desperately to calm down her boyfriend, by putting him the car, kissing his delicate lips reassuringly and offering to drive him to the station; he looked at her awed, she was so good with him, always knew exactly what to do, to make it right again.

He didn’t deserve her, particularly when he’d be treating her like a slave lately, yes he was under pressure but that was no excuse to take it on the only woman who would ever understand him and love him for who he was and not what he would become.

He stole a glance at her, she was beautiful as always, brown hair up in a high ponytail and she was wearing her gym gear, she was concentrating hard on the road, she had never been very fond of driving, especially at night and here she was doing him right.

“I love you, Kate.” he told her softly, as they stopped at a red light, she smiled warmly at him and put a hand on his knee.

“I love you too, Tom, we’ll sort this out, I promise.”

He believed her, how could he not?

***

The news of Becca’s disappearance and Bill’s apparent arrest had hit both Gabi and Andreas hard, they were both sitting in the waiting room at the police station, they had no idea what to say to each other either, it was ridiculously awkward.

Gabi was relieved Tom and Kate were on their way, as were Kylie and Georg she wasn’t as relieved about that, Kylie and Becca were best friends and she wasn’t sure if she would be sympathetic towards Bill; whether she may believe all these malicious lies. Bill was a good person she knew that and Andreas knew it too, it was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, that’s all it was.

“If only I knew who that witness was.” she wondered to herself, fist against her mouth on the verge of losing control, Bill had been in that interview room for three hours, his lawyer had arrived an hour ago, his mother had been in with Lyle but was told to leave because she was too hysterical; it was too much.

Andreas wanted to say something to Gabi but he wasn’t sure what to say. He was far too concerned about the whereabouts of his partner, and the revealing of her apparent profession had left him reeling; he had never even known his own girlfriend and it had been almost three years into their relationship and he didn’t even know her at all, it was a hideous realization.

The business about this “witness” had puzzled him also, the account sounded so unlike the Bill he had known since childhood, he had never seen him aggressive or even that angry before, apart from when it was revealed he had begun seeing Gabi but Andreas had attacked him first and Bill was merely defending himself.

Had Becca attacked Bill? Had Bill lashed out and gone too far?

It was unlikely, way too unlikely, he needed to know who this witness was and five minutes later he got his wish, she emerged from a room to the right of where Gabi was sitting, looking smug.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, Corey Hamilton had framed her ex-boyfriend and there was nobody to contest this, two hours later Bill was officially arrested and charged with the disappearance of Rebecca Holden, Corey left with her head held high, whilst everyone around Andreas fell apart.

Tom had been put into custody for punching the arresting officer, screaming and swearing at the top of his voice, Gabi reduced to a sobbing mess threw herself in Bill’s arms as he was being led to the cells, Kate was talking with the lawyer and Kylie was holding onto Georg’s hand with a look of utter disbelief on her face.

Andreas left then, he needed to make sure he found out the truth and he knew exactly who was going to help him get, pocketing a gun, he dialled two people he could trust with this one hundred percent.

Kostja and Gustav both agreed to meet him at his house in twenty minutes.

“I’ll get you out Bill and I’ll save you too Becca.” he thought furiously, as his car screamed off down the street.

***

“What’s this about?” Callum asked as he opened the door to Lyle and David, the latter he had certainly not expected, he didn’t have much to do with David at all, only met him once or twice before now. Nonetheless, he led them into the lounge and offered them a drink.

“Scotch on the rocks.” Lyle said, removing his hat, David seconded that, Callum disappeared behind the bar.

“Any chance your sister will be by?” David queried, Callum shrugged.

“Maybe, Kostja just got called away for some reason.”

“That’ll be about the arrest.”

Callum dropped the ice he was about to put in a glass and goggled at Lyle as though he’d just grown another head.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“You didn’t know, I thought someone would have told you?”

“Clearly nobody did.” Callum said irritated. “So, what the fuck is going on?”

“Bill’s been arrested for the disappearance of Becca, it’s all only just come to a head now,” Lyle began, “it’s truly big a shock and I called the best lawyer I could find for him it doesn’t look good apparently there was a witness who saw the whole debacle.”

Callum tried to take this all in with increasing difficulty, Bill Kaulitz and jail? It made no sense to him, though he had an idea of whom this witness might be, Corey Hamilton had been lurking around lately could she have had something to do with it?

“I’m calling Jess.”

“That might be the best idea; you see we have something we need to share with you.” David said quietly, “and I warn you, you probably won’t like it.”

Callum rolled his eyes. “Do I ever like it?”

***