Status: Still working on it :D

I'm a Wizard?

Going Away

Chapter Three

*Fast-forward to end of July*

“Lena! You better hurry up! We have to get you into New Jersey to get to the airport!”
“Okay, Mom! I’m coming; I’m just trying to make sure I have everything!” I yelled down the stairs.
“Well, hurry up! We only have two hours to get you there!”

“Okay, I’m here I just have to bring down one more bag!” I said as I ran back up the steps. It was so hard to get everything I needed into a couple of bags. On top of that, I hadn’t even gotten all of my magical things yet; those had to be bought in Europe.

“Alright, is everyone ready to go?” my Dad asked walking into the foyer where Mom and I were standing.
“Yup.”
“Alright let’s go! James, take that bag for your sister,” my dad said taking my biggest suitcase for me.
“Ugh. Why doesn’t Lena carry her own stuff? She’s already getting everything else she wants! She’s been getting all of the attention lately and no one even cares about me anymore!”

*SMACK!*
“JAMES TIMOTHY SMITH YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!” Both of my parents shouted in unison. Inwardly, I was chuckling at my brother’s punishment, but I stayed emotionally neutral on the outside for fear I would get smacked by my mother myself.

“I’ll take it James it’s okay. I’m sorry about everything,” I said as I stepped forward and took the bag from him. “When I leave you’ll get all of the attention, I know you will,” I added trying to sound positive. “Just two more hours buddy and then I’ll be out of your hair,” I said while giving him a noogey. He swatted my hand out of the way and smiled.
“I’m sorry too.”

“Alright, alright, let’s go,” my mother said shoving us into the back of the car ruining the brother sister moment.

*Fast-forward to airport*

“Alright honey, everything seems to be all set up! Let’s get a seat by the gate,” my dad says putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded as butterflies entered my stomach. I was actually really nervous. This would be my first time on a plane without my family. Actually, it was my first time being outside of the United States in general. Mother never took us to see her hometown…

“Lena, you remember that if you have any trouble at all you call your mother or me and we will be over there in a flash.”
I nodded and sat down. James sat on my right, my mother on the left.

Just as I was thinking about what would happen if the school wasn’t real and this was all just a big joke I felt a tap on my arm. I snapped out of my gaze and looked over at my brother. He smiled at me encouragingly and said,
“You’ll be okay.” I smiled back and gave him a hug.
“Thanks for being the best brother ever.”
“No problem,” he replied in a cocky tone. I ruffled his hair again for good measure then went back to thinking about Hogwarts. I had successfully read all seven books plus the few extra I bought all in the course of that short July week. I felt like I knew enough to get by if someone asked me about anything magical when I got to Diagon Alley.

“Gate 23A, London, England departing in 10 minutes,” a female voice said over the loud speaker.

“Should I get on now?” I asked my mother.
“If you want to,” she replied.
“Maybe I’ll wait a few more minutes,” I said as more butterflies flew around my stomach.

It wasn’t long before there were only 5 minutes left until the gate would be closed.
“Honey, you should get on now,” my dad said. I nodded and stood up.

“I’ll miss you guys so much,” I confessed as I gave them all hugs.
“We’ll miss you too love,” my mother said smiling.
“I’ll send you guys a message when I land okay?”
“Alright. Be safe,” my dad said kissing my forehead. My mother did the same. After a final round of hugs I handed the lady my boarding pass and began to walk down the tunnel that lead to the plane. I looked back one last time to see my family standing there waving me goodbye. I waved and boarded the plane.

I found my seat in the middle class section. It was by the window. I could see part of the airport from here. I watched all of the people walk back and forth past the big windows looking out onto the take off/ landing area. Suddenly, I saw my brother run out to the window to look at the planes and, somehow, as if he knew where I was, waved right at me. Even though I knew he couldn’t see me I waved back anyway. I didn’t realize the plane was now mostly full, and that the two seats next to me had now been occupied. I felt my heart fill with pain. I didn’t want to leave my family and friends behind. They were my whole life up until now. I closed the shade on the window halfway and took out my iPod. I set it to Airplane Mode and put Green Day on shuffle. They were one of my favorite bands along with My Chemical Romance, Blink – 182, Third Eye Blind, Underoath, etc. Ironically, the song was Good Riddance...

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking,” said a young, lively, British male voice. “We are going to start making our way towards the run way, so I kindly ask you to shut off all electronic devices for just a moment until we take off. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.” Click. End of captain’s speech.

As we moved farther and farther down the runway, my heart sank even faster. Do I really want this? I felt tears come to my eyes. I did nothing to hold them back. I silently endured the take off and stayed in my seat for almost half the ride, getting up only once. I think both of the passengers sitting next to me, a business man and woman, noticed my sadness, and tried their best to help me out in anyway they could. I silently thanked them for understanding.

6 more hours left, Lena. Pull yourself together! You’re going to Europe! You’ve always wanted to go there! You’re a witch! You’re going to get a wand and robes! You’re going to Hogwarts! Cheer up, it can’t be too bad! The little voice inside my head encouraged me. I took its advice and began to look over the notes I had taken while I was reading the Harry Potter series. Before I knew it I had drifted off to sleep, and when I woke up, we had just landed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!! Quick question for all of you: What House are you in? I'm a Hufflepuff!

Thank you to everyone who took time out to read my story!!

Also, to those of you who know what Wizard Rock is, have you heard Ministry of Magic's new song? It's called "The House Song" and I love it!! I'll give you guys the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/lukeconard#p/c/1122011FE32A78F6/2/K7XfxbvclG8

Please comment or subscribe and check out my other works of literature if you'd like!!! Wuv you all!! - Gab