Status: Updates may be slow, as my life seems to be falling apart at the seams, I'll do my best, though..

What If?

21

Image

I pursed my lips as I looked tried for the hundredth time to read through the problem before me, only for my eyes to close out of exhaustion, and just as I was finally pushing the book away, my door opened, making the 'plop' of the book and the squeak of my door to sound simultaneously.

My eyes looked up and I saw Jacob, causing me to smile softly. But the look on his face caused me to know something was wrong, and my smile was instantly dropped, placed by a frown of confusion.

"Yes?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow towards my all serious looking brother. He ran a hand through his cropped short hair and sat on the edge of my bed, looking at me again. "Okay, I'm going to blatantly point out that I haven't gotten into any fights or anything at school. I've been the perfect little angel, doing just as all of the teachers tell me. And if that's not what you're here to talk about, than I swear to you I'm not the one that dumped the ketchup all over you're favorite white shirt, the gnomes did it. I tried to clean it."

This caused him to crack a small smile, but only for a few seconds, before it was dropped again, and he said, "You're talking to the leaches?"

I bit my tongue, but tried to keep on my poker face, as I looked into his dark eyes and stated, "No."

He let out a breath and shook his head, looking up at the ceiling.

"So you're telling me Bella's lying to me, then?" he asked, his voice tight, not wanting to believe it, but obviously wanting to as well.

"No!" I said almost to quickly before biting my lip. "What I mean, was, no, I'm not talking to them purposely....I...I... You see, I'm just... I was given a project to work on with Alice, and that's probably when she saw us having any kind of communication. I swear that it wasn't voluntary, just something for school..."

I nodded as he looked at me, eyes filled with disdain and anger, causing me to bite my lip. At least I had known better than to tell him that the project I had actually gotten the idea for was with Edward, and that it was long over with by then. I could still tell he wasn't happy with my having communication with them, no matter what the circumstances.

And, just as he was about to say something, I said, "Don't worry. I'm not stupid, Jacob. I don't talk to her unless it's necessary and I've been following every last one of you're rules."

'No matter how stupid they may be..' I wanted to tack on, but knew better by the anger that was still built up in his gaze.

"Now, is there anything else you needed? To ask me if I was doing drugs? having sex?"

This caused that Jacob smile to come back, and he chuckled, shaking his head and saying, "No, just that dad told me to tell you that you need to hurry up and get you're light out, it's getting late. And as much as I'd love to be able to dump water on you in the morning, I really don't want to get yelled at either."

I chuckled softly and nodded, and we said goodnight as he stood and walked towards my door, making sure to shut it behind him. Only when I was sure he was far enough away did I let out a frustrated sigh and flop back on my bed, hating lying to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god. I am SOOO sorry for not updating in, like, forever. I know, I know, you probably expect excuses, and they're all the usual "School starting drama" and all that blah blah, so I'm going to spare you.
Something that I saw when I was able to get on, though, is that I now have EIGHTY subscribers, which caused me to smile extra big, because really, that's just..That's AWESOME, man. I've never even gotten close to that many before.
So thank you guys :)

haha, also, sorry that this is short, as well, but was it any good??
LOL, comments??
:)