Status: Updates may be slow, as my life seems to be falling apart at the seams, I'll do my best, though..

What If?

24

cover

I made sure to duck away from Edward for the rest of the day, completely ignoring his existence. Which I could tell made him very frustrated.

I also know that he had asked Bella. She lied, of course, while glaring at me from across the room, where I'd sat at lunch, wanting to avoid absolutely any and all contact with the fiery bronze-haired vampire.

And the process continued for the next few days, and as it went on, I found it getting harder and harder not to think about it, as he looked at me with his glaring gold eyes, every time he caught me looking in his direction.

It all finally caught up with me during study hall, while I was sitting outside, reading a book and enjoying the lack of rain, though wishing the sun would come out and protect me. I was working on some form of homework, that I find have slipped my mind, as I really didn't care, my thoughts completely consumed with the vampire.

And, thinking of the devil, I should have known it was coming, even before it happened.

"Dakotah." his velvety voice said quietly, and I looked up, my heart speeding up in nervousness and fear.

But I plastered on a big smile and said, "Well, hiya, Edward. Long time, no see."

He was glaring. I shouldn't have expected any less.

"Tell me what you meant." His voice came out in a growl, and I nibbled on my bottom lip, singing a lullaby in my head as I began putting all of my stuff in my bag and then standing, pretending that he hadn't said a thing as I went to walk around him. He gripped my upper arm tightly, enough that I couldn't pull away, but not hard enough to leave any mark. "Dakotah."

His voice oozed with anger and seriousness, coming out in that same growl, and I could feel his glare on me.

I shook my head, still singing the lullaby.

"I don't want to hurt you...just...pretend you didn't hear anything...." I whispered quietly, my hands beginning to shake. "Please...It's nothing...really...I promise..."

"If it's nothing, then I don't see why you can't tell me," he said in all seriousness, not loosening his grip in the least.

"You don't wanna know."

"Don't tell me what I want."

His voice was urgent, and I nibbled on my bottom lip even more, biting down on it hard as I tried to keep it out of my thoughts. I knew that I couldn't get out of it now, and it made me feel really stupid for not staying in the protection of the school. Thinking he'd stay in class like a good boy.

Boy, was I stupid.

I opened my mouth to speak, and then closed my eyes tightly, shaking my head and looking away from him, thinking in a quiet voice, 'Bella's cheating on you with Jacob...', and then waiting for his reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think it sucks this time! well, maybe a little...because it's short, but OOOHHH! she tooolllddd himmmm!

Sorry to leave it as a cliff-hanger, but I'm in school, and I thought I would like to be evil, too XD.

[ps.also sorry I made the cover a url instead of a picture. I couldn't get it as a picture this time :(]