Fairy Tale

Even the strongest fall

“What Lolo” I said flinching slightly as I turned around and looked at my sister. I knew the look that she was giving me it was that same look that I was giving her when I was trying to figure out what was going on with her when she was dating Tyler. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know that everyone was starting to pick up on the changes in my personality even though I was trying so hard to hide it.

“What is with you Breezy? You know Tom didn’t mean to do that so there was no reason for you to snap at him like that” she said sternly to me.

“Whether he meant to or not he should have been more careful because your fragile” I said to her remembering the time when we were playing football back in New York. It was only a bunch of girls playing so there wasn’t a huge chance of any of us getting hurt, but Willow proved that wrong when she was tackled by the skinniest girl in the group and fractured her arm when the girl fell on top of her.

“They were it was my fault that we both fell to the ground I tripped” she said getting a bit annoyed at me. I honestly didn’t blame her for getting annoyed either I was here trying to make up excuses for why I had gotten upset.

“It doesn’t matter who’s fault it was Willow the fact was you fell and I flashed back to that time when you broke your arm and got mad, I’m sorry for being a concerned sister maybe next time I’ll keep my mouth shut even if you are hurt” I said before walking off.

Walking away from her after saying that was one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I basically just told her that I don’t care what happened to her from now on. Lately I’ve been saying things like that to everyone and I knew it was because Collin was abusing me, and since I was trying to hide it I was changing and the changes disgusted me. Everyone could tell something was wrong and I knew Willow knew what was happing but wasn’t completely sure yet. Whenever they were around me they walked on eggshells making sure they didn’t say the wrong thing so I wouldn’t snap at them and that killed me.

Before my parents died if a guy would have laid a hand on me or even thought about it they would have been lying on the floor in a bloody pulp. Taking this abuse wasn’t me and it was time that I stopped it. I got into my car and drove over to Collin’s house.

“You can do this Brianna, and once you do everything can go back to normal” I said to myself before getting out of the car and heading towards the front door. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

It didn’t take Collin that long to answer the door. “What the hell are you doing here?” he snapped pulling me inside the house.

“We need to talk” I said quickly trying to hide the fear in my voice.

“The fuck we don’t” he growled. It seemed like he already knew what I was getting ready to do because he looked like as the seconds ticked by he was getting angrier and angrier.

“Yes we do, this…us has to end” I said as firmly as I could surprising myself.

Collin’s response was something that I had expected. He lunged towards me and slammed me into the wall wrapping his hand around my neck.

“This ends when I say it ends do you hear me” he growled in my ear.

“No Collin it ends now” I gasped trying to breath.

“Fine it ends now but you won’t be walking out of this house” he said before he punched me in my rib cage.

He went to punch me again but doubled over in pain before he got the chance to because I had kneed him in the stomach with all my might. I took off running towards the kitchen and looked for something that I could use to defend myself.

“Come here you fucking bitch” Collin yelled as he followed me into the kitchen.

I spotted a pan lying on top of the stove and started to make my way towards it. I was just about to wrap my fingers around the handle when I was tackled to the ground.

“A frying pan really Brianna” Collin laughed before I heard the clanking of the pan on the stove. The frying pan then collided with my head which caused my head to then collide with the linoleum floor. The blood started dripping down my face as Collin struck the pan over my head again. He flipped me over and then collided the pan with my face.

“Now look what you did Brianna you got blood all over my fucking kitchen floor” Collin growled as if I ran into the pan myself.

Collin dropped the pan to the floor and then swung his fist hitting me square in the jaw. It wasn’t long before his fist started to come into contact with his favorite part on my body, my rib cage. I tried to call out but it was no use no one could hear me. I could feel the ribs that weren’t already broken start to break and one of them puncturing my lung. I started gasping for air as everything started turning black.

“It’s going to take a hell lot more for you to leave me than that” Collin said. That was the last thing that I remembered as I blacked out.

Flashback

“Brianna where the hell were you?” Willow asked worriedly as I snuck back into our room. I didn’t answer her I simply walked right into the bathroom and started to take a shower.

Willow had told me about how Tyler and I got so pissed that once I knew she was asleep I snuck out to find that stupid son of a bitch. I couldn’t believe that he had the audacity to hit my sister thinking that he could get away with it. I made my way towards the spot where everyone hung out knowing that he was always there. As soon as I saw I lunged towards him and no one was able to hold me back. By the time I was done with him he was laying on the ground with a bloody face trying to get his breath back. I threatened to kill him if I ever saw him around my sister again and then made my way home.

“Brianna I’m going to ask you one more time where you were?” Willow asked with a little frustration in her voice.

“Don’t worry about it Willow drop it”

“Drop it? How do you expect me to drop it when your knuckles are all bloody? Were you out street fighting again? You promised me that you had stopped that” she said.

“I did stop! Do you really want to know where I was fine I’ll tell you. I was out beating the shit out of Tyler because no one lays a finger on my sister and then gets away with it” I yelled as loudly as I could without waking up our parents.

Fear flashed over Willow’s eyes as soon as I said that. She stared at me in disbelief for a few moments before she started to yell.

“Are you out of your mind Brianna? You could have gotten hurt what were you thinking” she yelled.

“I was thinking that that stupid son of a bitch needed to get his face knocked in for placing his hands on you. You’re lucky that all I did was kick his ass because I had every intention of going over there and killing him with my bare hands” I yelled back.

Willow dropped down to the floor and started to cry, I rushed over to her side the moment she dropped to the floor. We stayed in that position for a good two hours as she let everything out and the realization that Tyler was never going to hit her again sunk in.

“Brianna?” Willow said softly turning up to face me.

“Hm?”

“I want you to promise me that you won’t let this happen to you. I know you’re a strong girl but even the strongest fall, so please promise me that if you ever meet a guy that hit you you’ll get out the first chance you get” she said softly.

“I promise I will Lolo. No matter what it takes I’ll get out” I said kissing the top of her head.

Once Willow was asleep I placed her in her bead and made my way over to mine lying down. As I laid there I started to think that I would never allow myself to even stay in a relationship if a man every laid a hand on me because he would be out for the count faster than he could yell for help. But I knew that Willow was right even the strongest fall and one day I might find myself that same position.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait school has been murder. As I said in the previous chapter being a criminology major I need to say that if you are a victim of dating violence do not be ashamed to go out, tell some one and to get help in leaving that relationship if you need help in getting out. And if you know someone in a relationship like that the best thing that you can do is to be there for that person until they are capable enough to get out. If you need someone to talk to about it feel free to contact me and i'll talk with you or you can contact the National Teen Dating Abuse 24 Hour Helpline & Loveisrespect.org at 1-866-331-9474/tty: 1-866-331-8453 or National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.

On that note...Thanks for reading guys and pretty please comment we love reading them =]
Brianna's outfit