Fairy Tale

Like an inmate getting out

Brianna's POV

Sitting in the backyard playing on my guitar was relaxing and taking my mind off of the fact that I couldn't go anywhere yet. Well I wasn't actually sitting outside because Gustav said that wasn't allowed outside on his watch anymore since I tripped on the tree root running away from a bee, I was sitting in the sun room. I was playing a song that my biological father had taught me while he was in the hospital he had said that whenever he played it he always felt like he was somewhere far away forgetting his troubles.

"Don't worry you only have a few more days on house arrest and then you can go out" Georg said as he was walking into the sun room. It was funny how good Georg was getting at telling how I was feeling without me even telling him.

"I know it's just going by so slow" I said looking up at him.

"You know technically you can get out of the house is one of us goes with you" he said with a smile.
It took me a little bit to get that he had figured out a loophole in my "house arrest" and that I was going to finally be able to go somewhere. I placed my guitar to the side and jumped up hugging Georg. "Wait Willow and Gustav will never go for it after I almost got hurt today" I said shaking my head looking at him.

"Don't worry about it I'll handle the both of them, just go get ready" he said with another smile.
Georg didn't have to tell me twice to get ready because as soon as he said to go get ready I was already on my way upstairs and changing my clothes without even knowing where I was going. I could hear Gustav downstairs arguing with Georg that I had almost gotten hurt today so I was no way ready to be heading out anywhere. As they were arguing I could hear Willow, Tom and Bill walking in and calling out saying they brought lunch.

I walked downstairs in my change of clothes and hugged my sister. "How was the rest of the photo shoot?" I asked taking a seat at the table while Willow was pulling the food out of the bag.

“It was good” Willow said with her eyebrow cocked. I knew she was wondering why I was dressed to go out. Gustav didn’t even give her time to ask me because he started to tell her Georg’s plan.

“Georg promised her that he would take her out. She’s not even ready to go out there because she’s still fragile. Earlier she almost broke one of her bones again because I let her go out to the backyard and she tripped over a tree root” Gustav said quickly to Willow.

“No she can’t go out yet she isn’t ready, Brianna hasn’t finished healing fully. The doctor said that she shouldn’t be doing any strenuous activity for the next couple of weeks just to make sure her ribs heal properly” Willow said looking at both Gustav and Georg.

“Brianna’s bored here in the house; she can only watch so many movies and read so many books. Look if she goes out with one of us then there is no way she’ll get hurt because we’ll be there” Georg said trying to reason with the both of them.

I couldn’t believe that they were all talking about me as if I wasn’t in the room and as if I was some sort of porcelain doll. I understood that they were just being protective of me after everything that happened but I felt like I was ready to go out since I know my body best. After a while I couldn’t stand listening to them anymore and decided to just leave the house on my own. I walked out of the kitchen and made sure I had my phone before leaving the house. As soon as I stepped outside I felt, like how I would imagine, an inmate felt after getting out of prison after 15 years.

Not wanting to get into my car I decided to walk towards the park. It wasn’t that far from the house and it was easy for everyone to find me once they realized that I was gone. There wasn’t that many people in the park tonight, everyone that was in there seemed to be on some sort of romantic date. It was nice to see that there was still some romance in the world but seeing everyone in the park like that only made me long for some romance like that in my life.

I sat down by the edge of the lake and admired the way the sunset was reflecting off of the water. I took out my phone and took a picture of this beautiful view. Right after I took a picture I got a frantic phone call from Willow asking me where I went to. After calming her down I told her that I was at the park and suggested her to bring the food that she had brought to the park so we all can have a picnic. I promised her that I wouldn’t move from where I was sitting and then hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so freaking sorry that this took me forever to get out. I had such major writer's block for this that it wasn't funny. I'm sorry that it's so short.

Brianna's outfit