Status: Complete! Look for the sequel called Metamorphosis.

The Usual Suspects

Coming Home

Sarah Singer stood outside of the college auditorium awaiting her fathers’ arrival. She was getting more nervous by the minute and hoped he hadn’t forgotten or ended up going on a hunt. She shook her head, she knew he wouldn’t forget her graduation, he promised, and Bobby Singer never went back on a promise. At that moment her with her cat-like reflexes she turned around to see her best friend staring at her, a smile on her face as she sat her hand back by her side.

“Don’t be so nervous Sarah your dad will show you know it,” smiling once more.

“I know Sandra, I know it’s just graduation starts in like twenty minutes and I don’t want him to miss it,” she replied, letting out a long sigh as she looked back at the throng of people entering the building.

Taking mythology and world history as her majors would be totally worth it. Two minutes later as she pursed her lips, wrapped her arms around herself and rocked back in forth she noticed him. Bobby Singer wasn’t hard to notice; he definitely stood out from the crowd. With his beard, and hard demeanour most people would have thought he was grumpy, Sarah new different.

Other ways he stood out were his trucker hat; he never left without, his vest, plaid shirt and jeans. Sarah smiled she wasn’t sure she had ever seen him in anything else. When he noticed his daughter he smiled widely, he was proud the she went to college; happy all of her hard work had paid off, most of all he was happy she did it with all she’s been through in her life. He walked over to her and hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

“I’m proud of you sweetheart,” he spoke, love in his voice.

“Thanks dad, I still have to graduate yet, I’m glad you made it,” she replied, smiling back at him and walking with him into the auditorium.

“Well,” he said, “Rufus had me busy; thankfully the job got done quickly.”

Sandra reappeared with a bottle of water for herself and Sarah.

“Hello, Mr. Singer, come on Sarah we got to go get organized,” she huffed.

“See you out there dad,” Sarah smiled before getting hauled away.

Thankfully Sandra was standing beside her as they walked towards the stage, she was nervous for having all of these people sitting in front of her and staring. A few hours later it was over and she received plenty of hugs from her friends, the longest was from her friend Sandra who would be going back to Minnesota. Sarah on the other hand planned to go back to Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Over the next few days the drive home seemed to go by quickly, she was glad to stop by a few motels, and diners along the way to catch up with her father. He talked about two guys she kind of remembered seeing when she was younger. He told her that they’ve been coming to him a lot in the past couple of years and to not be surprised if she saw them around. When they pulled up to Singer Auto Salvage the first thing they noticed was a 1967 Chevy Impala sitting in front of the faded blue house.

“Don’t they know when to give me a break,” Bobby sighed a bit of anger dripping from his words.