Status: Complete! Look for the sequel called Metamorphosis.

The Usual Suspects

Dream a Little Dream of Me

The mid-day sun hung highly over the road-house; laughter rang out amongst the small crowd of people inside. Sarah was one of them, enjoying a few days with Jo, Ellen, Emily and Ash while her father was on a hunt. It was times like this she enjoyed relaxing. At this moment she didn’t have a care in the world when she didn’t have to be on a hunt. It was one thing a hunter doesn’t get very often.

“You know Sarah, instead of heading off with those boys you should come here more often we miss seeing your face around,” declared Ash.
“Some more than others,” chimed Emily, this cause Ash to awkwardly mumble something and head out towards the back.

Jo giggled, “He has it bad for you Sarah, its pathetic actually.”

“I think there are parts of us that are too much a like to get a long for long periods of time.”

“I agree with Sarah, they’d probably be at each others throats more time than enough, it’s better they stay friends,” added Ellen.

“When they’re right, they’re right,” piped Emily.

At this Jo let out a disgruntled sigh, she was defeated, and if one knew Jo they’d know she hates when that happens. They were then disrupted by Sarah’s phone ringing loudly in the seemingly quiet bar. Seeing it was Dean she hesitated, but with a nod of Ellen’s head she stepped outside to answer it.

“What do you got Dean?” She asked, hoping he wouldn’t beg for her to come on a hunt with him.

She heard him sigh on the other end, “bad news, really bad news.”

“You didn’t get Sam killed did you?” She questioned her voice faltering and her heart dropping into her stomach.

“No,” Dean hissed, “it’s your dad, he’s in trouble Sarah, we don’t know what it is yet but you need to get down here quickly.”

When Dean had finished his sentence she hung up, and clung her sweater closer as the cool spring air penetrated it. She felt numb, cold. Her father was in all sorts of messes before but this one stung since she was the last to know. Sarah was broken out of her thoughts to Ash calling her name; she turned, tears threatening to escape her eyes. Ash frowned, grabbed her hand and took her inside.

“I have to go,” her voice sounded foreign to her, “dads in a coma, I need to be with him.”

When she looked into Ellen’s eyes and could see the hurt, even though neither of them wanted to admit it, Ellen and her dad had something going on. It always amused her when they were together in a room; those two were so alike they fit perfectly together.

“You be careful out there Sarah, you hear me,” Jo stuttered, she was taking it just as bad as she was, Bobby Singer was just as much of a father to her. Ellen then pulled Sarah into a hug.

“Give that man a hug for me when you see him.”

“He’ll come through,” Emily noted, “from the stories I’ve heard about him, he seems like a strong man.”

Sarah nodded and took her bag that Ash handed her, “you’re in no state to drive you give me directions and I’ll take you there,” she knew Ash wouldn’t take no for an answer and nodded her head yes as she gave him the keys.

The drive to the motel was quiet, booking the room seemed even more quite. Sarah was getting a little mad when she hit the bed, mad at everything bad that was going on, mad at the Winchesters, who at that moment walked through the door. She threw a pillow in their direction hitting Sam in the face.

“What was that for?” Sam retorted.

“For me not being the first notified,” she sneered.

“Hey we’re all upset Sarah, no need taking it out on us,” Dean stated, “besides our number was the first one they found,” at this he noticed Ash. “What’s he doing here?”

“I drove her thank you very much; least you guys could have done was get her down here before telling her. She was a mess, and in no way to drive.”

“Way to give my secrets away Ash,” a small smirk played at her features, while the rest of her face stated otherwise, “so you guys find out what we’re dealing with before I go see him.”

“C’mon we’ll tell you on the way,” Sam responded. On the way there she learned her father was checking up on a dream experiment that got out of hand and whoever targeted the doctor that was murdered is now after he father.

As they made their way to the room, Sarah became more timid and nervous. She was use to seeing her father come home with nothing more than scrapes; bruises and the odd broken bone but not beat up like this. When they made it to the door she stood outside looking at the man inside, her heart broke and tears sprang down her cheeks.

When she found her voice, it sounded hoarse, “can I be left alone with him?”

“Of course,” Dean replied placing a hand on her shoulder.

“You guys go as long as I’m with him I’ll be fine, find out whatever and whoever’s doing this and stop it. Let me know if you find anything,” she told them not taking her eyes off of her father.

“You sure, we could stay here?” Asked Ash.

“No, go God knows what that son of a bitch is doing to him,” with that the boys gave her a hug and they left. She sat in the chair next to her father and held his hand before leaning back and letting out a sigh. A few hours later she was nudged awake by Dean who told her what had her father and what his and Sam’s plan was.

“I’m going with you,” she stated, no, told him.

“No you’re not who know what’s going down in there I refuse to let you see it, besides someone needs to be on the other side when he wakes up.”

“Fine but what about Ash?”

“He’ll be watching over us making sure nothing happens.”

“Go then, go before I change my mind Dean Winchester,” she threatened causing Dean to flinch. If he didn’t know better he’d swear Bobby Singer was possessing the girl in front of him. Once he was gone she plopped back in the chair and whispered to her father, “dad I hope their stupid plan works.”

A few hours later and she was awoken again only by her father yelling at the nurse to get the tubes and needles off of him. She smiled and thanked whoever was watching over her for the miracle that just happened. At the end of the day she learned Bela Talbot stole the colt, and that her father had helped her through something. Once she had Ash back at the Roadhouse she learned Ash blushes way more than he should. She left with promises of visiting them again and headed back home to be with her father for a few days.