Tell Me I'm A Bad Man

Messages and Meetings

So, there I was, at the CD store. I picked up Black Sabbath’s Paranoid and scanned it on the machine thing that lets you listen to it. As I listened to the CD and flipped through some CD’s nearby, I felt my phone start vibrating.

By the time I pulled it out of my pocket, it had already stopped vibrating. I flipped it open and saw that I had a text message from a number that I didn’t recognize. When I opened the message, I still couldn’t tell who it was from.

Mikey- go to the park at noon today. I’ll explain later.

I just stood there, and stared at my phone. Finally I realized that it was 11:45. I had 15 minutes to get to the park to meet this person. I guess I shouldn’t go to meet whoever it was, but I just really wanted to find out who sent me this message.

I took a deep breath and put my phone away. I put all the CD’s back and walked out of the store. Finally, I got to the park, but I didn’t see anyone who looked like they would be there waiting for me.

So I decided to sit on a swing to wait. I just sat there, swinging slightly and wrapped my jacket tighter around me to try to block out the February cold.

A few minutes later, I got the feeling that someone was standing behind me. I turned my head and saw a man that I didn’t recognize smiling back at me. I stood up and turned to get a better look at him.

He was slightly shorter than me, with short platinum blond hair. He seemed familiar, but I couldn’t tell who he was. He was wearing big sunglasses, but then he took them off. The man just smiled at me again, and his face had “I know something you don’t know” written all over it.

He stared at me through his hazel eyes in a non-threatening way. I had definitely seen him before but I couldn’t remember where.

“Hello, Michael,” the man said calmly. “You’re looking well.”

My mouth literally fell open when he spoke to me. I realized at that moment that I knew exactly who he was.