Tell Me I'm A Bad Man

Articles and Realizations

“Have you ever heard of Black Parade?” Gerard had asked me. It sounded familiar, but I couldn’t identify it. The Black Parade. The Black Parade. I just kept thinking the words over and over, hoping that they would maker some connection in my brain.

Finally, they connected to something. “I think I read something in the newspaper a couple days ago about a black parade,” I said.

Gerard nodded, seemingly impressed. “Yes. You probably did. But it is not a black parade. It is The Black Parade. Now. Do you remember what you read? Or what The Black Parade is?”

I thought. I couldn’t remember what I read about it, but I knew where I had the newspaper. I found it and then flipped to the page.

Hidden within the news section was a small article about it.


Black Parade Gaining Popularity

Underground cult, called the Black Parade has been silently gaining popularity and members across New Jersey and The Northeastern region of the country. Membership rates are supposedly up to approximately 3,450 people.

A mysterious group, all cult members have apparently sworn a loyalty oath to their leader. The name of this leader of the cult has not been disclosed. He is referred to as “The Conductor,” seemingly continuing the theme of a parade.

Members of The Black Parade have been blamed for committing various crimes. These crimes include petty larceny, grand larceny, grand theft auto, and possibly manslaughter. There are possible connections to other offenses, but so far, nothing is for sure. Rumors of connections to mafias of different sorts are recurring, yet not confirmed.


After I reread the article, I realized that Gerard was standing behind me, reading it over my shoulder. “Why did you want me to see this?” I asked him, still confused.

“Well,” Gerard said. I guess there’s no easy way to say this…”

Something clicked in my brain. I actually felt a click somewhere within my skull. It was slightly disturbing actually feeling when you’ve figured something out. “Wait,” I cut
him off. “Do you mean to tell me that you ran away so you could join a cult?!”

“Not quite,” Gerard replied, smirking slightly. “I would never run away to go join anything. I ran away wanting to start a life for myself. I had no experience in anything, so I made some stuff up and got a few part time jobs. I worked all the time, knowing that some day I would be able to have a life.”

I stared at my confusing sibling. Whenever we talk about anything important, he starts going off into something else! He was just as annoying as ever, yet now with criminal possibilities.

“And…?” I said, anxious for him to stop being retarded and start giving me some information.

“Well, at one of my jobs, I met this guy named Matt Pelissier. Together, we decided to do something with our lives. I don’t know him anymore, haven’t seen him for a while, but he had helped me get my life off the ground.

I was still not understanding the point of this story. “So are you in this cult or not?!” I sort of screamed at him, letting my voice get louder than anticipated.

The way Gerard smirked at me confirmed my greatest fear. In my living room, staring back at me with his intense hazel-green eyes was a slightly infamous man.

My Brother was The Conductor.