It's All A Game of This and That

Another Christmas Alone

'Tom, I'm sorry. I can't make it. The modeling agency---'

'Lainey, baby girl calm down; It's fine. Blink has a show tonight, so we couldn't spend Christmas together…' Tom sighed over the phone.

This year was not my year at all, everything seemed to be going down hill. My mom dieing of cancer, my baby sister; Emma getting put in foster care because Dad was abusing her. Dads in jail because someone saw him hit Emma happened everything was all wrong, except Tom and my relationship. Though the rest of the year was horrible, our relationship got more, intimate. We're not dating, we are just friends with benefits.

'Tom, Barbra is wanting me for some photo's.' I heaved a sigh, my manager; Barbra tapped her foot impatiently. I held up my hands saying five minutes, and she just tapped her wrist watch and stalked out of the small "break" room, were I laid on the moss green couch. My brown eyes traced the patterns on the ceiling as Tom, Travis, and Mark fought over the phone, to say their goodbyes. Tom won.

'Alright. The boys say they love you and bye. See you new years day. Bye' Tom said sighing sadly. I did the same, and said bye one more time, before slamming the phone shut; throwing beside me on the couch.

God I hate modeling. I know what your thinking right about now; "Is she psycho? Being a model is great, you can do what ever you want!". Well let me tell you, your wrong. Modeling is what it's lived up to be. I'm not going into details about how miserable it is, but it is.

'Lainey lets go! Your 5 minutes are up!' Barbra squawked from the other room. I lifted myself up off the couch and made my way into the other room where I was doing my photo shoot in.

I was pushed to the make-up/ dressing part of the room. The people striped me of my clothes before putting on some skimpy swimsuit for swimsuit addition for Sports Illustrated

'Growl at the camera!' The photographer barked at me while snapping shots, and I did as he said. The flash was blinding me and I was stumbling all over the area, making everyone angry with me. I was off in my own little world; wishing that I wasn't here right now was also another factor that was causing me to stumble.

'LAINEY!' Barbra screamed as I pulled out another cord from the wall, shutting off one of the camera lights. I rubbed my temples saying I needed a break. I grabbed my robe off of my chair and walked over to the dressing part of the room; grabbing my cigarettes from my pants pocket. I walked outside and leaned against the wall of the building.

'Your wishes will come true.' A voice said beside me. An old lady stood next to me and smiled, her green eyes sparkling in the dim light from the street lamp above us. 'There is something in your aura.' She said before walking off into the night.

that was weird. I thought as I dropped my cigarette on the ground, smashing it with my foot. Going back inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I unlocked my apartment door, walking inside. I put my small purse on the small table that held random items by the door. 10:55 the clock on my microwave read. I grabbed a bottle of water from my fridge and sat down on my loveseat and turned on the TV.

All that was on was Christmas movies or specials. I grumbled getting up from the couch and walked over to my movies, maybe I wanted to watch something from there. I chose White Christmas. It was the only thing that was appealing to me; even though it was a Christmas movie.

I didn't even last half of the movie; I fell into a light sleep. I dreamt of Tom and I spending Christmas together.

Knocking on the apartment door woke me up from my small cat nap. 'Hold up, I'm coming!' I yelled as I pushed myself up off the couch and walked to the front door.

I opened the door to see a small ten year old with honey brown eyes, and long brown hair. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my middle. I was taken back, until she looked up at me, and I saw mom in her face. 'Laines, it's me.'

'Oh Emma!' My eyes got wide and I got on my knees and hugged her back. I pulled away; letting her into my apartment, but she wouldn't come in the door. She was waiting for something.
'Em, come inside.' I told her, but she just shook her head no. 'Okay then… tell me this, how'd you get here?'

'I brought her.' Came a voice then Tom stepped around the corner and smiled. 'Merry Christmas Lainey.'

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pecking him lightly, before hugging him, and he hugged back. 'Thank you!'

We went back into the apartment and watched some Christmas specials before going to bed, so we could be well rested to open presents tomorrow.

Thanks to Lainey; this was the best Christmas ever, and I didn't spend it alone. I had my small family.