‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

First Day

I must say I love it. I love it all.
I love walking down the crowded streets, my right arm linked to Ally’s. Love the fact that were heading to the most amazing place ever. Art School.

“C’mon Nicole, you gotta come!”

I sighted, worn out by her repeatedly invitations. She was trying to make me go to a party that was held to celebrate the start of our first college year. But I, kept insisting on staying at home. Just me, my music and paint brush.

I would just let myself get carried away, with the music in the background. The strong tunes and deep lyrics would lead the way, as I followed it, brush in hand. I would turn up with really beautiful and deep paintings. I put them all away, not wanting to see them again. The point in painting more than one time is not being able to get influenced by something “old”.

“Ally, you go and have fun like always…and maybe meet Mr. Right.” I joked at the last part.

For Ally there wasn’t a Mr. Right. She liked to go through boys like a girl through clothes. Which reminds me, I should do that myself soon.
No, not the boys part, the clothes one.

I looked down at myself, a frown crawling up my face. I was wearing my casual black skinnies and a band t-shirt to college. It didn’t seem right. I mean, it seemed like me…. I think.

Anyways. I forgot about how I was dressed and focused on the amazing building we arrived to. It wasn't like any other art institute on the outside and well…..on the inside too.

But I couldn’t be anymore happier. I was thrilled actually, and so was Ally. She grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall in the direction of a dark room.

“Where the hell are we going?”

When we got there, I still only saw a dark room. But Ally stepped inside it and flicked the light switch on.
It was room full of porcelain and ceramic art. There were mostly statues but there were also some cute little “souvenir” like stuff.

“So, this is where you’re gonna be all the time?”

As soon as I asked her, a huge smile appeared on her face while she nodded. Ally had been telling me all about her love for art. Only it was different from mine. But it was art. And that really made us connect even more. We had agreed to go to college together. So when I told her about my only application that had been mailed, she instantly mailed one her own to the same place. Lucky for us, be both got accepted.

I backed out of the room and she followed, leaving the once dark room brightly lighted. We walked down the halls we had came through and back to the entrance. I saw some signs indicating where the different art rooms were located. I saw the one I was gonna be assigned to, was down another hall to the right. So now it was my turn to yank Ally by the hand down the hall.

When we got there, the lights were already on, and another group of students were there too. I looked around the olive painted room, contemplating the amazing paintings and some drawings that hanged on the wall too.

“Wow, this is crap compared to what you can do”

I softly punched Ally on her side, hoping no one else had heard her. She looked at my like I was crazy and she knew she was right. I just gave an unsure sorry look and walked to the window that faced Central Park.

“Wow, this view is amazing”

“Yeah, it’s so unfair. You get a class room with an amazing view and all I get is a dark crappy one.”

“Yeah? Well, you get an amazing social life while mines sucks, so…I guess we're pretty even”

“Nicole, please. You’re social life sucks only cause you want it to. I told you a million of times to come party with me, make friends, meet guys, but you never want to”

I knew she was right, but I hated hearing it. I hated when she reminded me it. When she would make me realize that my life only sucks cause I wanted it to. But it’s not as easy as it seems. If it were I would just go out with her, but it’s not just like that. I’m broken. And so it’s my heart, and I don’t think I could stand it if it cracked again. I wouldn’t know what to do. I’m barely making it through now, imagine if I have a real life.

****************************************

I had taken a nap as soon as we got back “home” from our first day of class. It was basically just introducing ourselves and sharing likes and interests. I hadn’t seen Ally through out the class day, we were always in our classes, unless we had to go to the bathroom or at lunch time.

I woke up after 3 hours, from what my alarm clock told me and looked around the room I shared with Ally. She wasn’t there, and there were clothes all spread out on the bed. I noticed a white note on the bed table. I picked it up, scrunching my sleepy eyes, and read it.

Nicky,
um….funny I never called you like that, right?
Well, anyways. I just wanted you to know that I’ll be heading to that party you insist on not attending and I’ll be home late, so don’t wait up for me.

Love u, Ally.


I practically jumped of excitement when I realized what that meant. It meant I would have the place to my self till “late”. As soon as my brain processed said information, I ran to the balcony where I had all of my art stuff and took my iPod with me. Placing the earphones in my ears and blasting some of Ke$ha and some Rihanna’s latest tunes I started bouncing while painting my masterpiece.

23 songs later, I put the brush down, and took the earphones off, admiring what I had done in the last hours. It looked wild and crazy, it was something I wasn’t used to painting. But I actually liked it. A lot.

I heard my phone vibrate before playing a ringtone I had picked for the party girl. It was a text and it was also 12:30 am.

OMG! UR NEVER GONNA BELIVE ME!
I MET THIS REALLY HOT GUY, AND I’M GONNA STAY OVER AT HIS. BUT I’LL SEE U TOMORROW MORNING. I’LL GET US SOME BAGLES WITH CREAM CHEESE AND SOME STARBUCKS, LOVE U!


Wow, first night in NYC and she’s already staying over at someone’s?
This only makes it feel like my life sucks more than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, well here is the first chapter. Tell me what you think, comment!
Thanks so much for those (4) that commented yesterday, means more than the world to me! =)
Oh, and I was thinking about naming the chapters after a lyric (a part) from any MCR song. But I couldn't think of one for this one, if you guys could help me please? I think that would be much more original than putting chapter 1, 2, etc......

*And as always, excuse any grammar error. Thanks for reading. =D