‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

Here we go again

Gerard's POV

I was more then eager to get home. And mainly to be able to see Nicole again.
I had to go to class today, Monday, after not going for two weeks. Well, I was ok with skipping again, but she just didn’t let me. She demanded I get up, dressed and go back to my normal life.
She just didn’t understand that my “normal life” revolved around her, no matter what I did.

I put my stuff away in my bag and exited the now empty class room. I walked through the almost empty hallway and down the stairs, just hoping I would get lucky and get a taxi at the first try.

I was more than disappointed when I didn’t even get one after a seventh try. Still in a rush, I started running down the street towards the nearest subway station.

After being able to push my way into the sub, I couldn’t help but notice how many couples were holding hands and kissing. It seemed that when you were in love, it was easier to see it around you too.

Yes, that’s right.

I Gerard Way am in complete and utter love with the most amazing, beautiful, loving, and perfect woman in the world.

I’ve never thought, that out of all people, this would happen to ME.

I wanted her to know how much I loved her. I’m sure she already knows, but not as much as I would like her to. I would have to do something I could have never picture myself doing in life. Never.

******

“I’m back!” I shouted into the empty looking house.

Our empty looking house.

After all the problems with Ally and Mikey, I’ve just decided it’d be best if she moved in with me. I still have to see my brother at collage, but I avoid him as much as possible. Lucky for me, he’s not in any of my classes. And neither in any of Nicole’s.

I got nervous as no one answered and quickly left my bag on the couch and took off my jacket, leaving it beside it.
I went up the stairs rapidly and walked to my room, only to find it empty.
I instantly knew where she was.

Walking down the hall again I made my way to the bathroom. Founding the door closed, I decided to not just barge in and softly knocked.

“I’m ok, don’t worry!” I heard her exclaim at me as other ruffling sounds were heard on the other side of the wooden door.

“Ok….you sure”

“Yes”

“Um, if I may ask…what are you doing in there?” I was just beyond curious.

“Umm…you know. Girl stuff”

By girl stuff I instantly imagine she was waxing or maybe doing her nails.

“Oh. Ok. I’ll be downstairs if you need me”

I heard her hum in agreement and I just left her alone to finish whatever she was doing. Heading downstairs I heard the phone ring and hurried to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Hello, may I speak to Mr. Way please”

“Yes, this is him speaking”

I could hear loud talking in the background, but couldn’t hear what they were going on about.

“Oh, hello sir. I would like to remind you about your therapy session for today at 6pm.”

My what?
God, no. There was no way in hell I was going there again.

“Um, sorry I….”

I didn’t have time to cancel the session as the phone was snatched from my hand.

“He’ll be there. Thank you. Have nice day, bye”

She obviously must of heard the whole conversation, due to the fact I like to use the phone on speaker.

“Why did you do that…..Oh my god, what did you do to your hair!?”

I was shocked.
That’s it.
No other words to describe what I was seeing.

“You don’t like it?”

I shook my head no, while contemplating her once brunette hair. It was now dyed blond.

“It’s not that I don’t like it….cause you look great in anything. It’s just that…..it’s not you. Why would you dye it blonde?”

She ran her free hand through her just dyed hair, examining the color that got rubbed on her hand.

“I thought, I looked better…younger”

“Younger? What the hell are you talking about? Babe, please, if you looked any younger I think I would end up getting arrested for pedophile”

She giggled as she wiped her hand on her already stained old tee.

“You are perfect just the way you are….well, were, actually. Really, don’t change for anything in the world. I love you just as you are. You’re perfect to me. Beyond perfect to be honest.”

I watched as her cheeks turned into a deep shade of pink as she smiled at me, coming closer.

“You’re perfect too. I love you”

I recibed her with my opened arms as our lips connected and I felt the usual sparks, that just never seemed to get old.

******************

“I really don’t want to be here”

I just didn’t.
We were now seated in the waiting area, of my psychiatrist. Nicole had forced me to come, after I had forced her to re-dye her hair back to it’s original color, saying maybe if he saw how great I was doing, I wouldn’t need to come again.

“Don’t worry. It’ll be fine. Just one more time.”

I felt her warm and soft hand on mine as her thumb traced circles on it.

“Gerard Way”

As soon as I heard the door open and my name being called, I felt my heart almost jump out my chest.

“I’ll be waiting for you right here. Promise” she pecked me once more before letting go of my hand, begging me to walk in already.

I breathed in before walking in and having the doctor close the door after him.

“So, Gerard. How have you been doing?”

The typical question. In which before I had been so stupid enough to not lie and well, that’s how I got stuck coming here twice a week. Just like Mikey.

“Much better” I answered once again honestly.

He seemed surprised at my answered, and I sure couldn’t blame him. I have come here to whine and bitch about my awful and lonely life for the past year.

“Oh, I’m glad. And what is that due to? May it have anything to do with the lovely young lady seating with you out there?”

I nodded, waiting for the other questions to get thrown at me.

“Would you like to tell me a little bit more about her?”

With a little bit, he means everything.
I sighted, before telling him the whole story.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the title maybe not being right, I was just listening to Demi's song named like that and well, I used it. haha
thanks so much to all of you who have commented: katsing96 , Rainbow_Smiles , aep59454 , rachemical
You guys are AMAZING. Reading all your comments just makes me want to write more. =)
keep it up, keep commenting. cause comments = LOVE