‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

Cause you're the cutest thing on this side of the world

Nicole’s POV

I closed my eyes slightly as his hand soflty touched my face. His other hand was on my hips, holding me close to him. I didn’t like it at all.
Not that I didn’t like Frank, it’s just….
Wait.

Did I just said I like him??
No, I can’t.
I mean, I like him but just as a friend. A really good friend. He’s been really nice to me and all, taking care of me when Gee’s not around. Like right now.

“You’re not afraid of me, are you?”

I opened my eyes to see his hazel-green eyes boring into mines. I wasn’t afraid. Well, maybe a little. But after what happened with Mikey I had all the rights to be. He traced his finger along my lips again.

“Cause you look like it. I’m not gonna hurt you Nicole.”

I had a hard time believing his words. His face inched closer to mine, as my heart beat increased. I turned my head to the side, his lips planting a kiss on my cheek.

“Frank, please.”

“I’m sorry.”

He must have understood what I was trying to tell him cause in matter of seconds his hands were off of me.

“I’m so sorry. It wasn’t my intention to make you uncomfortable. I just…I think I like you.”

I smiled blushing. But mentally slapped myself for it.

Don’t lead him on you dumb-ass.

“I like you too. As a friend that is”

Making things clear from the start seemed to be a very important step.

“Of course” his always bright and livid eyes, now seemed darken with sadness.

“I was thinking we could go to the mall. I haven’t been there in a long time” I said, taking his hand in mind, in a friendly way.

His eyes came back to life, and so did the rest of his face that gleamed with happiness. A huge smile on his face.

“Fuck yeah! Let me go get our jackets.”

With that he disappeared out of the kitchen, not before giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

In a friendly way, right?

*****************

“Oh you suck so bad at this!”

I kept commenting every now and then at how bad he played the old school arcade game.

“It’s not my fault I’m not from the stone age” he replied sticking his tongue out at me, as the screen announced the end of the game.

“Ah! Are you calling me OLD?!”

“Yes I am, grandma”

That’s it, he’s getting it.
I threw myself at him, both of us landing on the ground in the almost empty arcade gallery. He laughed like crazy and so did I. But soon his face expression changed completely, it looked almost as if he seen a ghost or something.

“Frank are you ok??”

I followed his gaze to my stomach. His hand beat me there though.

“The baby! How could you even think of jumping on me like that?! You could have hurt the baby!”

I was now annoyed. Ok, so I might have been a bit stupid while jumping on him not thinking about the baby, but I was fine. There was no need to make such a scene out of it.

“Frankie, I’m fine. Let me help you up”

“No. Let ME help YOU up”

He freed himself from underneath me, standing up and cleaning himself off. His hand was now being offered to me, helping me back up.

“Thanks”

He looked at me, he looked like he was about to cry.
His big hard arms wrapped themselves around my waist in a warm hug.

“I’m so sorry” he whispered in my ear.

“Of what?”

“I wasn’t looking out for you like I should. I’m such a bad friend”

I pulled away from his embrace, looking him in the eyes, my right hand on his chin.

“You are NOT a bad friend. You’re probably the best friend I’ve ever had”

I tried not to think of Mikey as I said that. I felt like I was betraying him or something, even though we weren’t friends now a day.
He smiled now, taking hold of the hand that was on his face, and planting a kiss on it.

“You’re my best friend ever too. Just don’t tell Gee I said that, he thinks he’s my BFF” he laughed as he brought me to his side, placing his arm around my shoulder.

“So what now BFF?”

He looked up at me. How weird right? It’s so weird hanging out with a guy who’s shorter then you.

“How about we go to the pet store? Please?!” his eager and excited face was something to aw at. It reminded me of a child.

“Sound good to me”

“Yay! Let’s go!”

*****

“Awww, look at this one. It’s SOOO fucking cute. I want him!”

Frank looked with passion and complete love at the tiny Chihuahua in his hands. It wasn’t a puppy, it was just naturally small.

“Frank, you said that about the last ten dogs you’ve seen”

“I know…but this one is just so, AWWW!!”

He looked like he was about to pass out of a love overdose, when the dog started licking his fingers. His child-like giggle echoed the pet store.

“Look at him! He’s likes me!!”

Everyone likes you.
It’s impossible not to.
♠ ♠ ♠
isn't he the cutest thing ever?? comments??

I wanted to ask you, do you perfer me to update alot but short chapters (like this, and maybe every day) or less and longer chapters (three or twice a week)??

title credit: First dance - Never Shout Never
NOTE: I haven't re-read this nor checked for grammar mistakes, so please excuse any of those.