‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

And there ain’t no way I’m letting you go now

A couple of weeks had passed now. The holidays were just around the corner and my baby bump was more visible every day. Gerard liked that. He was over me all the time, he was the type of parent that would already be constantly telling his child he loved them. Even when he or she wasn’t even born.
He would randomly crouch down and talk to my tummy, planting kisses on it as well.

I could tell he would be an amazing father. I wish I could have had parents as affective as him. It’s not that my parents weren’t affective, cause they were. It’s just that I don’t think anyone could be any more caring and affective as Gerard.
Though Frank was trying to enter the competition. He would constantly hug me and compliment me, and also talked to my tummy. Of course when Gerard was out of sight.
I felt bad knowing this and letting him still do it. If he did it when Gee wasn’t around it must be because he wouldn’t approve of it. But it was hard telling the guy no. He was such a good friend and took care of me while Gee was out every morning at collage. Of course it was hard to leave clear that we were friends and nothing else. Especially after that kissed we share the day Mikey came to say goodbye. I had been so stupid. I couldn’t seem to actually recognized the fact that I was engaged and carrying my fiancé’s child.

It was really stupid of me. But when haven’t I done something stupid? It was just part of who I was.
But on the day before Christmas Eve I seemed to get all my feelings and thoughts straight.

I woke up for the first time in months not alone. I turned to my side to catch a look at Gerard sleeping next to me.

Did he oversleep? Was he running late?

I turned to my other side once again to catch a glance at the alarm clocked placed on the night table.

10:05 am

I turned back around, shaking him softly to try and get him up. He murmured words that didn’t make sense and soon enough his beautiful hazel orbs were staring right into my blue-grey ones.

“Morning gorgeous” he said while caressing my face with one hand and with the other rubbing my tummy softly.

“Morning to you too handsome. Why aren’t you up yet? I think you’re running a bit late”

He smiled widely, now using both of his hands to rub my tummy in synchronization.

“That’s the thing. I’m not going. I’m staying here with you all day. I’ve decided to take my winter break a bit early this year”

He scooted closer to me, planting a passionate kiss on my lips. I took hold of his face with both of my hands holding him close to me. I pressed my tongue against his soft, thin lips begging for entrance, which he immediately conceded me. I explored his mouth with my tongue while he moved his hands up from my lower half and let them roam my upper body.

We pulled away shortly after, both breathless and heard a high pitched scream come from downstairs.

“What the hell?” Gerard had a very confused look as he got up from bed heading to the hall. But he stopped half way on his tracks when he realized he was only in his boxers. He came back in the room and went to grabbed whatever was at hand in the closet. He threw me a robe and waited for me to get up as well and covered my half-naked body.

“Dude was that you screaming like a little fan girl???” Gerard asked a very heart-broken looking Frank. Both men couldn’t avoid laughing at the recent question.

“Maybe……”

“What happened?” I was really worried. I had never heard him scream like that. Not even when he burned the lasagna and almost started a fire in the kitchen.

“It’s Chester! He’s missing. I let him out to do his business and now I can’t find him anywhere!”

“Are you sure? Did you look everywhere?”

I just wanted to make sure. The little animal was so small that sometimes you missed it at simple sight.

“Yeah, positive. Little Chester ran away!”

“Wow he must love you a lot….”

“Gee! Don’t be mean, the poor thing maybe needed to go for a walk or something. Frank you should have taken him out, he’s been in here since you bought him!”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right. But you gotta help me find him! Please!”

And off we were in search of Frank’s new best friend. He didn’t seem to have any problem at all at making friends. Especially best friends.
Though as he had explained to me the other day, I was his best female human best friend, Gee his male human best friend and Chester his inhuman best friend.

I held onto Gee’s hand as he tugged me down the sidewalk. We had been looking around all the town and haven’t spotted him yet. We had split up when we left the house and now we were heading to the park to meet up.

I sat down on the wooden bench, desperate for repose. It wasn’t the same walking 10 blocks and carry you’re future son/daughter inside you. I threw my head back, closed my eyes, and smiled to myself as I felt it move inside me.

I soon felt Gerard’s hand slip under my clothing and rub smooth circles on my baby bump.

“When’s you’re next doctor’s appointment?”

I opened my eyes and lowered my head giving him my complete attention.

“In a week I think.”

He nodded, his hand not leaving my stomach.

“Do you think we’ll be able to know the sex?”

“I hope so. Though, I’m not sure what I want. I mean, as long as it’s healthy.”

“Yeah me too. It’s health is the most important thing. And yours as well.”

He leaned in to me, his lips less than an inch away from mine.

“Guys! I found him!!”

I turned my head to the left to see Frank running our way with the small dog in his arms.

“Damn it. I’m starting to not like his presence” he said laughing as he turned around to face a very exhausted Frank.

“Whoa, what did you do? Run a marathon?” I joked due to his breathing difficulty.

“Kind of. This little guy seemed to think we were playing a game of tag. But I got him know.” he smiled proudly of his abilities to catch such small and active animal.

“Well, then we better head back. I’m in a desperate need of coffee.”

I nodded as I let Gerard grab me by the arms and pull me up from the bench.

We walked in silence back to the house. Except for some barks from Chester.
And some from Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?? Like? Dislike?

Chapter title credit: Forever and Always - Shania Twain