‹ Prequel: Gerard, Me and Mikey

One Way or Another

Now I can't wait to see you again

Frank’s POV

I was leaning besides Nicole on the couch watching some lame movie when we heard the front door open.

“Honey, I’m home!”

We broke into a fit of laughs, and I shifted my body away from hers.

“God, I always wanted to say that” he giggled as he came onto the couch and kissed his fiancée.

I’m such a bad person.

She’s no angel either.

I know.

Dude all you need is to go back to dating, get yourself entertained. Have a good time.

And by back to dating you mean one night stands.

Fuck no. I mean real dating. Just go out and meet someone. And try not to go to bed with them on the first date.

It’s easier said then done.

“Dude come on. You totally zoned out on me. Are you ok?”

I left my annoying yet smart internal voice and focused back on what was happening right in front of me. Gerard had his arm over Nicole’s shoulder and they were both looking at me. Waiting for something.

“Um, sorry. What where you saying?”

He seemed a bit annoyed as he sighted and reformulated the question.

“I said, do you wanna go hang out at the mall? Maybe catch a movie.”

I looked down.
Did I?

Uh, duh. Of course you do. Think about it, they’ll be so into each other they won’t even notice you.

Wow. And how is that such a wonderful thing?

Uh, I honestly thought that you were more than just a pretty face. But anyways. They can go catch a movie and you can go catch a girlfriend.

Um, not bad. I guess I could then.

“Frank, you’re doing it again. Are you sure you’re ok?”

This time it was Nicole’s voice the one that made the voice in my head vanish. I looked at her and Gee, still waiting for an answer. I smiled, not my usual big teeth grin. Just a “normal” one.

“Yeah, I’m ok. Let’s get going.”

Nicole squealed of excitement and pecked Gerard quickly on the lips while he helped her to her feet.

This was probably the best thing to do. I couldn’t just keep playing with someone else’s girlfriend fiancée.

*****************************

Gerard’s POV

“Here ya go” I handed her the light coke she had asked for and went off to get us some popcorn.

Frank came right behind me just as I was placing the order.

“Hey Frank. You sure you’re ok?”

He seemed a little off right now. Like he had his mine somewhere else. Like he didn’t wanna be here. Maybe he didn’t.

“Yeah, totally. Just, you know……

“Oh my god! Frank is that you?”

I looked back to the counter and found a very surprised looking cashier. Her hair was a light brown shade and her eyes were dark blue. She was also kind of short. Like Frank.
We both just stood there, silent. Not sure what to say. Not that I was supposed to say something. I wasn’t the one being addressed to.

I nudged Frank, trying to get him to answer back. This was getting just to uncomfortable. And he had left Nicole alone. I grabbed my large pack of popcorn and paid the girl who was still looking at Frank like she was looking at a movie star.

“We’ll see you there. Here’s your ticket.”

I handed him his movie ticket and went to meet Nicole who was patiently waiting near the bathroom.

“Thanks. Um, where’s Frank?”

I turned around pointing to the snack bar. Unbelievable. He still hadn’t move from where he stood when I left them.

“Is he ok?”

I nodded and walked us to the movie.

************************************

Frank’s POV

“So you aren’t playing in any band now?”

“Nop. Just chilling.”

She laughed as I threw myself back in the chair. But I guess it must have also been from what I said. Chilling. Yeah, she must think I’m like a homeless guy with no life.

“I see.”

See! Do I really look that bad??

No you don’t. Just ask her.

Ask her what?

You know. If she’s single.

What! No way, I’m not gonna….

“So are you single?”

Fuck, already did.

“I sure am. Are you?”

She obviously knew I was too. Why else would I ask her.
I nodded.

“We should totally hang out some other time”

Was she asking me on a date?

“Is that a date?”

She smiled while batting her eyelashes dramatically.

“It sure is.”

“Count me in” I giggled like an idiot for no fucking reason.

“Great. Here’s my number, text me later and we’ll set the details. I have to get back to work.”

I grabbed the card she handed me. And watched her leave the food court heading back to the movie theater.

See, what did I tell you.

Yeah, yeah. Wait till the date to rub it on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Easter everyone! I thought I should update today. My last day of spring vacation =(
god, I hate school. leaves me no time at all to write. it ends with all the inspiration. what really gets me inspired and motivated are comments! so please tell me what you think.
thanks for reading =)