She Bangs the Drums, He's V.I.P

This Fight Isn't Won

I woke up groggy and starving. I tried to stay in bed for long enough to wake up but it didn't work. I was famished and the nagging pain didn't fade enough to spend my usual time waking up.

"Shit," I groaned hearing the light scratching sound at the bottom of the door.

"What?" Noel asked groggily sending me a strange look from the other side of the bed. Why do I do this to myself? I grabbed my ninja turtle throw blanket and wrapped it around me.

"Victoria, Davis is trying to get in your room," Ross called from the other side of the door, "I'll just let him in."

"I got it!" I yelled before mumbling, "Double shit."

"What's wrong?" Noel asked relaxing against the headboard. I opened the door just enough to let the small Jack Russell terrier in before closing it and opening the window. I grabbed the liter from the bedside table and grabbed a Marbolo red from a box in the drawer.

"I don't want him to find out," I groaned while blowing out the smoke I had sucked into my lungs.

"Why not?" He asked looking offended. I took in another drag and blew the smoke out the window before facing him.

"Noel they don't need to know that we slept with each other. Its not serious," I explained before sticking the fag back in my mouth.

"What makes you think that?" He asked appalled quickly getting out of my bed and pulling on pants and his drainpipes.

"We've done this before," I shook my head, "All sex. Nothing else."

"But you do feel stuff for me," he stated seeming like I needed to confirm it. That wasn't going to happen though.

"Noel I think it's time you went home." Noel tugged his shirt down and angrily stormed out of my room. When he disappeared around the corner I was face to face with Ross.

"Let's take this to the patio," Ross suggested. I grabbed a pair of knickers and my pack of smokes and followed him out front. He grabbed his acoustic guitar from by the stairs as we passed the front room where I could hear Noel and Jonny talking. I ignored them and focused on Ross's back.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked sitting on one side of the picnic table while he sat on the table his feet on the bench I was sitting on.

"Just tell me how you're doing," he shrugged, "We haven't talked in awhile."

"There's nothing really to talk about," I mumbled a cigarette unlit between my lips as I slyly snuck my knickers up my legs.

"That's why you're only in a blanket while a furious unkempt Noel leaves your room," he laughed strumming the guitar in his lap.

"You're a twat," I shook my head before grabbing the liter from his pocket and lighting my cigarette.

"Just stating facts," he laughed, "So you and Noel back together?"

"Nope," I laughed, "Besides 'back together' makes it sound like we were together before."

"You guys were together. You fucked, you cuddled, you hung out, you laughed, you wrote love notes, and gave each other heart shaped boxes. You were together."

"He had a girlfriend," I reminded him.

"So Dee's not with him anymore."

"That's not the point," I groaned lying my head on the table, "I don't have the patience to put up with trying to figure out if we together or not. My sanity is thin without him leading me on."

"How is your patience so thin? We only recording and hanging out," Ross asked eyebrow cocked.

"Autumn's not eating again." I forced out. He stopped strumming and looked at me.

"How long?"

"I only found yesterday I couldn't tell Waldo though. You know how they fight."

"It'll be fine. It always is," he shrugged before playing another melody, "What else?"

"January 5th," I mumbled watching the smoke rise from my cigarette. I heard shuffling before feeling Ross's arms around me.

"It gets easier," Ross mumbled in my ear kissing my head before pulling away.

"Thanks Ross," I mumbled getting up to let Davis out and rushing in to put on real clothes. I pulled on a blue plaid skirt and a white camisole before Autumn burst in my room.

"Talk of the house, you shagged Noel," She announced laying on my bed. I rolled my eyes before maneuvering myself into my tights it would be nice to be able to do something in silence or at least without mention of Noel. I could never figure out why our names appeared to be so intertwined.

"Yep I did," I agreed. trying to find my other black Dr. Marten.

"You're not bothered that everyone knows?" She asked shocked b my indifference.

"No one will pay attention when they realize you're not eating again," I shrugged putting on my blue and black skull ring and a blue harajuku girl candy ring.

"It's like none of your fucking business," she stuttered out once she recovered from the shock I knew.

"Wow there's a concept staying out of other people's business," I gasped, "Is that like when someone sleeps with someone else a third party doesn't talk about it?"

"Get fucked," she muttered staring at the ceiling.

"I'm guessing my point's proven?" I laughed after I finished applying my red lipstick.

"Fucking hell. You proved your point. Let's go," she nodded standing up and heading for the door.

"Where?" I asked grabbing a black shag coat from my floor. As I pulled on the over sized coat I tried to remember when I got it and came up blank.

"Downstairs," she shrugged before laughing, "Nice coat."

"Is it yours?" I chuckled following her. I was pleased to see Noel was no longer in the living room.

"You and Noel are seeing each other again?" A voice from the couch asked. I turned to see Johnny Borrell walking from the kitchen.

"No," I shook my head. Still trying to figure out how everyone knew. Johnny wasn't even around when it happened.

"That's his coat isn't it?" He asked. By the sounds of Autumn's cackles and thinking back to last night I realized it was.

"Yeah, he left it and I was cold," I shrugged.

"He said he missed hanging around with you," Johnny smiled before disappearing with Ross into the basement we had made a makeshift studio. Fucking hell why is everything with Noel so complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
-outfit-

Ahhhhh!! I got two comments so I put out a slightly shit chapter so I could send a massive thanks to Beau Jagmin.! and juvenile delinquent yay