Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

The Blame

They spent about an hour carrying in things from the cars and placing their belongings into bedrooms.

There were eight regular bedrooms - some with two beds and some with one. Erik gave up the largest bedroom for Rick, Lori and Carl to share. Carol shared a bed with Sophia giving them their own room. Everyone else found someone they wouldn't mind rooming with. They branched off with some rooming with a friend, and a select few had their own room, on account of certain reasons. Erik was in a room by himself since no one knew him, he had yet to earn their trust. Andrea asked Addie if she'd like to share a room, and Addie accepted the request of future friendship. She like Andrea - she liked her motherly concern, and her beautiful face.

Daryl seemed to pick a room in a completely different hallway. Maybe he didn't want to be near her.

As everyone seemed to settle in, they seemed to get excited about not seeing a walker for a whole day - and for being somewhere where there was an abundance of supplies.

Shane, Andrea, and Dale all decided to drive back and get the RV. Erik told them about a tall tarp cover that they could park it under in the back yard. They learned that the entire home was fenced in. There were a few trees that provided some shade to the house. And the bridge they had crossed on the way here lead them over a river - one that was full of fish.

Carol had been amazed at the size of the kitchen and began to make a hot meal for everyone to enjoy, and Lori wanted to help. Sohpia and Carl spent time with their mothers as they told them about "never leaving without telling someone, and always stay close - don't ever go out at dark, ect."

The rest of the men went out to cover grounds. Maybe catch a few fish and get familiar with the surroundings of their new home. It seems like everyone just fell into place. They had determined the fence needed to be buried further in order to make it stronger against the geeks. They figured they'd have a tough time finding their way all the way out here - but nonetheless they were being careful.
______________________________________________________________

Addie was going through the folder from her grandfathers desk not that she actually had time to read. She found more photos of the dead. Each had different times of death - someone was always bitten. She started to notice how their "injection E" kept someone alive longer, but then the disease got stronger.

Addie didn't notice when Erik came up behind her.

"What is all that?" he asked.

"Just lab reports." she answered back. Erik picked up a photo, and another. The one thing he couldn't take the eyes off of were the dates the photos were taken.

"These correct?" he asked.

"As far as I know." she said while shrugging her shoulders.

"This means this was all happening. Before... before I knew about it." he said. "Before he even contacted me."

Addie looked up at him and immediately fear overtook her at what she saw. Erik had tears in his eyes, but his fists were clenched and his blood seemed to be boiling. He grabbed Addie by the shoulders and threw her small body against the wall.

"HE KNEW." Erik stated with a blank look on his face. "HE COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING. IT WOULD'VE GIVEN ME TIME! TIME TO SAVE MELISSA!" Addie knew he was referring to the loss of his wife.

"He didn't-" Addie gasped.

"He was the cause of all this?! This is where this plague came from!?" his fingers were tight around her throat, she couldn't speak. He asked her all these questions and she couldn't speak! "How could he be so selfish as to save his own granddaughter but think of no one else in the process?" he said this to her while tears streamed own his face.

Did he know he was killing her?


She felt her fingertips become numb, her feet were lifted off the floor. It seems that Erik looked at her to blame for his wifes passing - or turning. Who knew? No one did. They didn't know this man at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the short update :) love comments and subbs.