Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Red Silk

Image

Shane had been abruptly aware of the fact that Addie wasn't wearing under garments. He watched her as she sat at the kitchen table eating her eggs. He didn't notice Daryl looking at him when he came in. Shane glanced over at Lori pretending to be concerned about who needed more breakfast... but Daryl knew where he had been looking, and he recognized the nervous look that Shane's eyes now held.

Shane kept his gaze on Lori, she often was watched by him. Ever since she had rejected him at the CDC he had been aching to hold her again. He wanted Lori underneath him - he had since the day he met her. But now that Rick was back in the picture she didn't look at him the way she looked at him on their way to Atlanta.

Now, Shane was watching Addie. Dale spent too much time around Andrea, Carol wasn't nearly attractive enough... but Addie... she was something else. Her porcelain skin just radiated beauty. Her long legs ached to be touched and her breasts were fuller than Lori's. Shane had convinced himself that maybe she was the better pick to stifle his loneliness.
______________________________________________________________

Addie picked up her clothes and headed to the stream she washed her red shirt easily - but her blue shirt was another story. After being stained with blood for two days it seemed hopeless to get it out. She decided shed just have to stock up on clothes when they needed a trip to town.

However long that would be.

She hung her few articles of clothing out to dry when she ran into Shane.

"Well hey there." he said.

"Salut." she said in french.

"Ya know that language of yours is awfully pretty." he winked at her.

"Gracias." she said sarcastically to see what he'd do. All he did was laugh. Addie laughed to due to the fact someone was laughing at a joke she made.

"Well I have to be going I have a lot of water to haul in if I'm going to take a bath."

"Well - Uh - Let me help."

"Oh no no that's quite all right."

"No non no. Let me be gentlemanly." he said with a smile and picked up a bucket and filled it with water. "If you hold it towards the surface more - you'll get cleaner water." he said.
Adeline just nodded as she picked up a bucket as well and walked back inside with him.

"Oh a bath - that sounds SO NICE!" Lori commented as they walked back through the living room after dumping their first load. Shane just walked right of the room. It seemed he didn't want to be anywhere near Lori. Addie quickly commented "Oui." before she ran to catch up with Shane. Addie wondered why he'd been so cold to her.
_______________________________________________________________

Daryl noticed Addie walking back to the house with a bucket filled with water. He began to walk over to her to tell her about the spring he'd found this morning, until he saw Shane trailing behind.

What was he doing?" Daryl gritted his teeth. Shane. That bastard. First he goes after Lori, and now Addie? What does he have some snake in his pants? Daryl watched as Addie and Shane made two more trips. Then Shane came back alone and Daryl knew he must've left her to bathe. At least he had done that much.

Daryl watched Shane walk over to her drying clothes. Her red bra hung amidst them. He watched Shane place his palm on the cup of the red bra and feel the silk between his fingers. Daryl knew he was thinking about her in a very impure way.
"What the fuck. You some kinda pervert?" Daryl walked up and asked Shane.

"No - I just -" again. Shane's face was nervous. Instead he filled another bucket of water and walked off. Had he really done something so silly as defend her clothes? No. He had defended Adeline... and kept Shane from thinking about doing things to her, even if it was only for a moment.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
btw - the banner is a mix with the comic and the AMC series. I figured since I'm using stories from each that they might as well be expressed - and Daryl isn't in the banner because surprise! The Dixon brothers don't exist in the comic. But did you know the author of the comic is writing them in because of their popularity on the show? Cool huh? And Walking dead season 2 doesn't premiere till November. That sucks.