Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Awakening

The sky, It was blue and clear. How nice the Georgia skies were this time of year.
Adeline Mimieux came to, she found her body on the hood of a black Jeep Wrangler. Ah, she remembered - she had ran out in front of a car.

Her bones? They seemed sore, she gently wiggled her toes, her fingers, then her hips. Maybe a few cracked ribs.

"chance" (Lucky) she thought. She sat up, pain shot though her body. She looked around at the unaffected humans that had gathered around her. Their faces tired, and withered. They stared at her with utmost curiosity. She was human - and she didn't look like she had been bitten. These were the first people she meant since she crashed. And forgetting she was in America, she spoke to them in French.

"combien de temps avons-nous ici?" Their faces became quizzical. "Right..." she thought.
"How long?" she said.

"How long what?" an older man said. The mans hair was mostly gray, and his face had lines of age. Adeline's face cringed in pain from her ribs, she took in a breath.
"How long have I been laying here?" she said with a heavy accent.
"No more than a minute." a blond woman replied, she was tall, older, but strikingly beautiful.
"Oh God, we must move. Now. Don't stop driving." she said while sitting up, the pain was very predominant in her midsection.
"No we think you need to rest. -" they tried to grab her arm and assure her that rest was what she needed.
"-You don't understand, he's coming. He's hungry."
"Who? You're-"
"He was chasing me - thats why I ran!" She took the passenger seat in the same car that had just nearly crushed her.

"We just have to keep moving." The man in the drivers seat, the one who had hit her, just stared in disbelief that she wasn't screaming at him. The last thing you'd expect from someone you just hit with your car, was for them to jump in with you.

"I ain't gonna just kitch up and go because some walker was following you. Where exactly do you suppose I go?" a man with a silly hat asked.
"He is NOT a walker." Addie said with a stare.
"Here,This direction." she said pointing at a red star on her map.
"Where's this going to take us?"
"Listen to ME! We don't have time, It's a safe place, now please, DRIVE." she looked all around, especially keeping an eye on the woods she had recently exited. She was looking out for a set of eyes, ones that would likely try to kill her. They must've noticed her angst while her eyes circled the perimeter. Something had been following her, something...

Rick looked at the map she'd given him, a basic map of Georgia state. Then he looked at her. What chance did he have? Maybe she was an angel - sent to help his family.

"At least tell us your name so you're not a stranger."
"Adeline, or Addie for short. Adeline Mimieux."
_______________________________________________________________________

"Where the hell are we headed?" Lori asked.
"Apparently, further south." Rick replied. Rick adjusted the angle of his sheriffs hat and stepped on the gas.
"There's nothing but farmland for miles."
"Well that doesn't sound too bad actually. Think about it - less population means less walkers."
"True, but we don't even know this woman!"
"Well I know her enough to say that she's running from something. Something terrifying."
"She did look like she'd seen a ghost." Lori agreed.
"Well if she's got food and water at this place then I'm in." Carl said.

Lori and Rick where husband and wife, and together they had a son, Carl. This caravan wasn't large, but they had a number of cars, they required lot's of gas, and lot's of food. It had been almost a week since they'd left the CDC. Food was scarce, and gas was too.

"Will we even make it?"
"At lest to this small town on the map." rick pointed at a small blue dot.
"Well I still think we pull over in a few and find out what the hell is going on." Lori said.

Before she said another word, Rick heard the end car honking.
"He's signaling us to stop." he said. Dale pulled over to the side of the road. Each car after followed.

Sheriff Grimes stepped out of the RV he had been inside - Dale put up the emergency break. The RV they tutted around in wasn't meant for this much work. They had to replace a faulty hose several times - and it ate the most gas.

"Why'd ya stop?" Rick asked Daryl.
"She says she knows where some supplies are."
"This true?" Rick asked looking at her, and she nodded in response.
"It's not exactly safe." she said. She led them up a hill, into the forest where she had been before. "I crashed - the chopper is over there." she pointed into thick forest.
"Lori, you and the others wait here." Lori nodded and smoothed over Carl's hair.

"You.. crashed... a chopper?" they both looked at her like she had skewered a puppy and fed it to children.
"Oui." she nodded. "It wasn't completely my fault, but if we can get to those supplies before those demons do, I would say that I've earned some credibility?"
"Well I would agree to that, except you seem to have demanded it." Daryl said. Addie looked at him like he didn't make much sense, which he probably didn't... considering his drawl.

"Medical, food, water, it's all there."
"Alright lead us to it."
"Wait - there's more." they stopped and turned to look at her, "I crashed because of a secondary passenger... and if you see him, you need to shoot him."
"Care to explain why?" she shook her head.
"No time." She said, walking forward.
"Well until we get to the crash." she turned around looking at Daryl, he then realized that they were standing on top of the rubble of the crash. "Oh."
_______________________________________________________________________

They were making their third trip back to the caravan. The few who had stayed behind to watch the cars had already broken into bandages, food, water.
"Where exactly is this map taking us?" Rick asked.
"My grand-père, he left it to me."
"Left what exactly?"
"His home. It's where he thought I would be safest. Its near the ocean, away from population, it has rivers - rich soil. And the home - it has many rooms."
"So its a safehouse?" Daryl asked.
"Oui." she smiled, Daryl waited till she had walked away,
"What the hell does "wee" mean?" Daryl asked Rick.
"Its french for yes, numb-skull."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been editing these like crazy - I felt like I hadn't written them to my standards! And gaps appear when you take too long to update - So im fixing those too. much love.