Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Letting Go

"Wait." Shane said. "She's afraid of water."

"No, she's infected." Rick said. Addie looked at him completely aghast. "You've been scratched."

Addie looked at her arm.

"BY A FUCKING TREE!" she yelled. "I HAVEN'T SEEN A WALKER FOR DAYS!" she smacked the gun out of her face with complete disgust.

"Then explain the fever you've had all night."

"I assume it connected to my sudden urge to vomit." she said back.

"And that thrashing?" he asked. Addie looked at the tub. Did she dare tell everyone what had happened to her as a child. She just stared, and began to cry some more.

"Rick! Get that away from her face!" Lori yelled. "This poor girl has had enough. Everyday something new - and now she's sick. Leave her the fuck alone."

"Mom!" Carl said.

"Shh.. Carl don't say the word mommy said, ever. Okay?" she took Carls hand and walked him into the kitchen. Glenn had the files from Addie's room in his hands, no doubt trying to understand how he could help her. T-Dog walked in with a bottle of water, I figured she might need some water, now that she's awake and can drink it.

Daryl took the bottle from him and went over to Addie. Andrea whispered to the rest of the group, and pulled on Rick's shoulder. Instead of following her out, Rick touched Addie's knee, and said, "I'm sorry." before he left.

Now Addie was alone with Daryl.

"Are you hurt?" he asked. Addie just sat there, trembling from the fear and the fever. "Let me see your hands." she willingly gave them to her. He slowly rotated each one to make sure she hadn't sprained her wrist, he did the same with her feet, and she didn't wince at all.

"So... I understand... you're afraid of water?" he said not sure how to begin. "But you swam with me."

"No. Not water - the tub." she said.

Daryl looked at the tub. And then back at her. She was shaking. He pulled her wet body to his and sat her in his lap. He was on the damp floor holding her damp body trying to calm her.

"I thought you were going to turn." he admitted. "I was blaming myself for leaving you that day... I was afraid of losing you. You are the only one that seems to care about me here."

"This was my home." she said.

"Well it is your home..." he said back.

"No, I was born here. I lived here until I was four. I think."

"How do you know?"

"I had a dream, about my mother, I had never seen her before in my life, and when Shane gave me those photos... I knew my dream was a memory."

"What was it?"

"I was in that tub. Maybe three years old..."

"...and?"

"And she tried to drown me."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Daryl asked. "If I woulda known..."

"Daryl... shut up you stupid git. Just hold me." and so he did. He wrapped hi arms around her so tight that her back popped. He brushed her wet hair past her ears and lifted her up into his arms - he left the bathroom, and took her to his room. He put her underneath the sheet on his bed and let her relax. He took her hand as he lay down next to her...

"Do you have that nightmare often?" he asked.

"Since I've been here." she said. "I guess that's how I ended up with Alderic. He wasn't my real grandfather, I never knew my father, and up until yesterday I didn't know anything of my mother."

"I'm so sorry. I'll make the pond better for swimming so you never have to go in there again."

Addie smiled at Daryl. He was doing something nice for her, he cared.

"You... uh... before you passed out - you where going to say something?"

"I don't remember." she said. "I remember you won the fight though... and said some things." she turned her head away remembering how he called her a whore.

"Hey... no I'm sorry. I don't care what you do - but you are not what I said..."

"Daryl it just got out of hand what happened with Shane. He kissed me - and it just took forever to get him off me because he wouldn't listen. But he didn't do anything."

Daryl was still mad... Shane had been all over her, smothering her, she was his.

"I'm pretty much going to hurt anyone that tries to hurt you." he said.

"I always did feel safe around you Dixon."

"I don't know what this is between us... because we're so different." he said.

"Me either." she added. They both seemed oblivious to the love they felt - but it was still there drawing them closer. "I don't feel very good." she said.

Daryl opened the bottle of water T had given him and helped her drink it.

After laying next to each other in silence, Daryl had a question.

"Do you miss him?" he asked.

"I miss a lot of people." she said.

"Do you miss your fiance?" he said more clearly.

"In a way. I guess I miss what my life was with him. But everything changes - life does. I know it can get better. Life always gets better."

Daryl kissed her, this time it was what he wanted, and he initiated it. He thought she would pull away from him, but no. She embraced him - she returned the feeling he so desperately wanted to feel.

Somehow in this life Daryl had turned out on top - a safe home, and a girl that was by far too incredible for his social class. Merle would have a fit.

She climbed on top of Daryl with the small amount of strength she had. He ran his calloused fingers across her skin and up her back. Sending shivers down her spine. Her shirt was still damp, it bothered her so she took it off, surprising Daryl. He spent a moment gawking at her beautiful body before she went back to kissing him. Daryl sat up quite intrigued at where this was going. He had only thought she'd want to kiss him - he didn't realize she was attracted to him as well.

His hands found their way to her breasts and massaged them, a small moan escaped from her lips. Daryl kissed her neck, and while her mouth was free she let more small moans escape. She reached down to unbutton his pants. It didn't take her long to get them undone, and when she did Daryl slid them the rest of the way off, kicking them to the floor. With both hands, he grasped the sides of her satin panties, tugging to work them past her bottom and finally yanked them down, letting them dangle from one foot.

Daryl wanted her so badly, her naked body was more beautiful when he could touch it, she was letting him - she was loving what he did to her. He positioned her underneath him as she kissed his face and neck.

Then she felt it, her Daryl's hard cock was slowly and steadily pushing into her. She drew a sharp breath, reached out and braced herself by holding him, one hand on the bare skin of his waist, the other clutching his shoulder. He gave one sudden thrust forward with a low grunt and was completely inside her. She dug her nails into his shoulders as he continued to move in and out of her.

Her climax came swift, shocking and strong. She pulsated around him as he was buried deep within her and which brought on his own release. Addie let out an audible moan. Followed by several gaps while she buried her head into his chest. Daryl let a few grunt escape his lips when he saw what beauty he had made love to - she had brought him the most pleasure he'd ever experienced.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments :)