Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Hot Headed

Addie was wearing her shorts again, she put on the red shirt Daryl had brought her, and noticed Daryl couldn't take his eyes off her as she did. She found so much comfort in what Daryl said to her. He called her beautiful, and he would protect her from anything. They walked down to the kitchen, and found only the mothers and their children. Addie pulled out a can of soup to reheat on the stove.

"How're you feeling?" Lori asked Addie.

"Alive I guess."

"You get some sleep?" Carol asked.

"Some." Addie said trying to conceal her smile. Daryl sat in the living room with a beer, the other person in the living room was T dog. Daryl didn't make eye contact with him. He would only become enraged with him for being responsible for leaving Merle behind the first time. Addie handed him a cup of soup to drink, she sat next to him with her legs curled underneath her. She felt immensely better than yesterday.
____________________________________________________________________

Shane was irritated. He had wanted to spend that night with Addie so badly. Instead she struggled and ran to that dog. And then he spent all day protecting her in his room. Shane thought she owed him for what Daryl did to his face, or at least that was what the alcohol told him.

Daryl had blackened one eye and gave him a fat lip. Daryl had been in quite a few bar fights over the years on account of Merle, Shane may have been a big guy, but Daryl had a few ticks up his sleeve.

Shane watched from outside, through the window he saw Addie sitting next to that trailer trash. Is she staying next to him outa fear?" I'm badder than anything in these woods, stronger than anything in the city." Shane had a drinking problem back when life was normal. He drank on account of the love of his life being married to his best friend. Rick even noticed when Shane was a little tipsy on the job and got him suspended for it. Shane had been sober since then, until now.
___________________________________________________________________

"I'm going to talk to Rick." Addie said. Daryl nodded. "You should drink that." so motioned to the hot cup of soup in his hand.

"Maybe I want fish." he said with a smirk on his face. Addie rolled her eyes at him.

"Lori do you know where I can find Rick?"

"He's just out back." she said. Addie stepped outside onto the porch. The full moon lit up the sky making it easier to see Rick outside. They tried to keep all the lights off so as not to attract walkers.

"I know you were just protecting you family." she said blatantly.

"Yeah but you were just fine. I woulda killed an innocent person." he said.

"No you wouldn't have. I'm not dead because you were willing to wait until that final moment. And it never came - but you gave me a chance, and I thank you for that. I don't blame you for anything. Because if someone does get bit, I know you have the guts to handle it." Addie explained.

Rick smiled, he now felt less guilty for holding a gun to Addie's head - she was a very intelligent woman, and he was glad she saw that his actions were rational.

Rick opened his mouth but only got out the work "Thank -" before they heard a crashing sound from the living room.

Rick and Addie rushed in after Lori and Carol, the table was on its side and Daryl was on the ground, Shane had his fingers wrapped around his neck. T-Dog was trying to pull Shane off him before he got elbowed in the nose. Rick stepped in and together he and T dog got his hands off of Daryl. Addie quickly knelt at his side.

T Dog felt like his place was to help Daryl, after all it was his fault for losing the key to Merle's cuffs. He quickly jabbed Shane in the side, and afterwards Rick gave a loud - "Knock it OFF!"

"Lori I need water." Addie said. Shane han only been able to get his hands around Daryl's neck because he burned him first. Daryl's neck and shoulder were covered in first degree burns. Lori handed her a bottle of water and she opened it and let it run all over his skin, he grit his teeth from the pain but Daryl was strong, and would show nothing more.

"WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SURVIVAL IS THIS IF WE ALL JUST FIGHT EACH OTHER?" Lori asked. Shane looked at Lori - the woman he was forbidden to love.

"You started it." Shane said back to her.
________________________________________________________________

Addie walked Daryl back to his room and kept a cold cloth on his burns. She reheated som fish from the kitchen and brought it to him. He was sitting up in his bed, obviously mad.

"I woulda killed him if I had the chance."

"I guess it's my fault you got burned..." Addie said.

"No. It is not." Daryl sternly said. "But Shane will not get another chance. If he hurts you, me, or anybody for that matter I'll finish him myself."

Addie waited for him to finish eating and then she slowly undressed him. He already had his shirt off, but Addie began to slid his pants off as well.

"What're you doin'?"

"Checking for any other burns." she said with a coy smile.

She began by kissing the edge of the burn on his neck, she left a very wet mark and blew on it. It gave him a chilling sensation. She sat on top of him maneuvering herself slightly so her hair was draped over one shoulder. He lips continure to kiss his chest while her hands slowly freed his large... asset from his boxers. While kissing his neck she gently stroked him and he leaned his head back to enjoy all she was giving him. She bent her head down to take him into her mouth, and she could barely fit him inside. She spent time giving every inch of him attention and while she was sucking him and stroking his thigh, he finished. He gripped her hair and grunted loudly. Addie wiped her mouth clean and sat up to be next to him.

"I sure as hell ain't her first time doin' that." Daryl thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, the occasional hostility between men over a pretty girl. But the better guy always wins, not necessarily the fight, but in the end. ;)