Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Thoughts

"Why did you leave the other day?"

"When?"

"At the pond."

"Well I thought..." Daryl paused. "I thought I didn't deserve you. Well more like you didn't deserve to be with someone like me."

"How can you make a claim like that?" she asked him.

"Well I grew up with Merle. Basically meaning pickup trucks, beer, hunting, and chasing women. You're educated, respectable, you know two languages-"

"Three, actually." she said.

"See! You're even worse than I thought!" he smiled. "What am I supposed to do with a well educated, charming, beautiful girl that can fly a plane?" Addie shrugged her shoulders, clueless. "Well what's the other language?"

"Portuguese. My grandfather had me go to school in Brazil for two years. A sort of study abroad program."

"So you even went to college speaking another language. This just gets better and better."

"Don't forget English. I had to learn it to be a pilot."

"Yeah and that's another thing. There's nothing weirder than a chick pilot."

"Yes there is!"

"Oh like what?"

"Well a zombie apocalypse for one."

"Ain't that the truth." he said. Addie was laying in bed with Daryl. She kept cold cloths on his burns while he slept. Addie's body seemed to keep her awake. 1st degree burns would be gone within a few days, and leave no damage to the body after it was fully healed.

Daryl had just been afraid of their differences. Addie couldn't tell why she felt so much passion with Daryl, Alex she had loved him, but she was quickly falling back out. She had planned for a life of work with Alex... and now there wasn't much to life. Addie actually felt like creating something knew out of the rubble of what once was - was more exciting than living that day to day life back in France. She could be living an adventure. A dangerous adventure, but still one nonetheless. And now she had Daryl... he wasn't the brightest, but he sure as hell wasn't stupid. Addie didn't mind the thought of having a handsome, strong man around, in fact to today's terms he was a real catch, someone who could hunt, fight off walkers easily - and he was immensely good in bed.

Shane was an issue - but Addie had smelled the alcohol on his breath, he wouldn't be much of an issue if he was sober, especially if Daryl was healed. Addie thought about getting new clothes, and when she thought of Daryl leaving she felt fear, fear that he wouldn't return.

Addie shook that from her mind, he was here with her now. She could touch him - hold him and kiss him. He wasn't going anywhere.

Addie took his bandage to the kitchen, they had a bucket of river water on the floor that the used for boiling through out the day.

"Daryl's pretty happy with you ya know." Andrea said sitting next to Dale.

"Really? I couldn't tell." she said back sarcastically.

"I mean it, I have never seen Daryl Dixon smile. Your the first time anyone's got to him."

"Well I guess that makes me special."

"We already knew that." Dale said. Addie walked back to Daryl cloth in hand, and when she got back, Daryl was awake.

"Talk to me in Portugese." he said.

"Está bonito Daryl Dixon. Você é bem-aventurança para mim." she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like the last steamy chapters! Of course there will be more, I apologize for this filler, I hope its not too boring, Im trying to think of how to work in my ideas. Thanks for reading, much love to all.