Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Deuxième partie - Time Lapse

After two weeks things were better.

Daryl's burns had healed. Addie's bruises had subsided, Shane had kept his distance, and everyone had grown into their new home.

They had seen one walker since they'd been there. One that had wandered and stubbled upon them, but the fence kept it from getting near them - it was easily killed and burned before the children even saw it. A few nights following the event extra men stood on watch. That meant Addie slept alone for a few hours.... but eventually Daryl crawled underneath the sheets and his cold body met Addie's warmth.

They planned to drive into the nearest town in a few days to look for anything useful. They wanted to find coats for winter - supplies for the house, and maybe anyone alive who needed help.
_______________________________________________________

Addie closely followed Daryl he seemed to know where he was going, yet she knew that he had never been this way before.

Daryl lead her through thick trees, over boulders, and past the river. He stopped her when he had found a turkey in the distance. Addie was amazed when he killed it from so far away, but a little concerned about how they were supposed to eat it. Any turkey she'd eaten have from a plastic container.

Addie decided the boulder she was on top of seemed sturdy enough to jump off of. So when she did she just didn't land right. She torqued her ankle, didn't break it, but maybe a good sprain. Daryl didn't notice what had happened until he realized Addie wasn't next to him anymore. And when he backtracked his steps he almost laughed. She was standing up, but only on one foot. She smiled as she hopped over to him,

"You ain't gonna get anywhere on one foot." he said picking her up. The turkey however, had to sit on her lap.

Addie had enjoyed that day with Daryl. They were maybe a mile from the house and it took them forever to get back because Daryl would set her down and tell her what markings were left on the tree by what animal. He would tell her what mushrooms were edible, and plants that she should avoid because the would leave rashes on her skin. She sat and watching him talk, he was a professor in his own way, he knew everything there was to know about the woods.

She was appalled by how he could think he was stupid. So she stood up and kissed him. And he kissed her back. They sort of got lost within each other while in the woods, each time they kissed made them only want to kiss again.

After several kisses later. Daryl heard something snap behind them, a branch. It was soft, but something large would have had to have caused it. After pulling away from Addie's lips he scanned the near by area. Addie had heard it too.

Daryl couldn't see anything near them. So he picked Addie back up, and they returned home.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the filler, I've had major writers block - but I think I know where I'm headed now! Thanks for the love, and comments are nice.