Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Celebration

Addie began supper, Daryl had showed her what plants were edible, and she picked the ones that tasted the best to her taste buds. She had mushrooms and fresh herbs, as well as some seasonings within the house. She cooked a very large meal for everyone using Daryl's turkey.

He had forced her to watch him clean it so that she could learn how in the event that "he might "not be there. That comment had made Addie sicker than the bird guts. She easily could say she loved him, and he probably loved her back... but she would never hear it. Daryl wasn't a feelings man, he had spent the begingin of their friendship distant and cold... and now that they were as together as you can get in this place, but he still had trouble showing his emotions. Except anger he was good at that one, he was always angry every time someone said something about Merle, and just the mere presence of Shane made him mad.

After Addie had served her meal, she couldn't count the many "ooohs," and "Mmmmms." that came out of everyone's mouths. They had spent months eating non perishables, and freeze dried things, but fresh meat along with herbs and spices made this meal a delicacy.

"Well I say the day after tomorrow we head into town, Grab what we need, so ya'll make lists tomorrow ya hear?" Rick stated.

"Are we celebrating anything? Glenn asked referring to the overly zealous meal.

"Not that I know of." Addie said back.

"Yeah you two ain't... uh getting married are ya?" Rick asked motioning to Addie and Daryl. Daryl took that moment of uncomfortable silence to choke on his beer, and Addie attempted to hide her red face.

"I've known him for two and a half weeks!" she exclaimed. "I wouldn't marry anybody that fast!!" Daryl was still coughing. Dale patted his back to help him get the beer back out of his lungs.

"Sorry Daryl - wasn't trying to kill ya there." Rick said. Daryl looked as if he was going to say something but just went back to coughing up more beer. After he finally stopped coughing everyone looked around. That was an awkward moment.

"It is a fancy dinner, so It's only natural to think its for something special." Andrea said.

"Well your not pregnant then right?" asked Glenn. This time Addie choked on the water that had so easily been sliding down her throat until Glenn had spoken - Daryl again, was choking on beer. Lori seemed to have been caught off guard by the pregnancy comment as well.

"Jesus guys! If you keep this up they'll both drown!" Carol exclaimed.

"No." Addie was crossing her hands back and forth over her plate. "No." she said while laughing.

"I think there's more beer in my lungs than air." Daryl said to everyone.

"Okay. Well someone's gotta have good news! We can't let this meal go to waste." Rick said.

Lori took a deep breath and sighed. "Well shit." She paused. "I'm pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again - sorry for the short update, I'm working on lots more!

okay - I'm totally going into the comic book here. I don't know If I'll go very far into the Shane/Lori/Rick ordeal, but we'll see.