Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Families

"Lori. What the fuck?" Shane said. Lori easily ignored him, and turned her attention to Rick who had a beaming face.

"Baby - A Baby? Thats great!" Rick seemed pleased, Lori seemed to have a strained look on hr face when Rick hugged her. Carol and Andrea came around to give her a hug as well. Shane seemed to have disappeared while the social gathering took place.

"Well now we have something to celebrate!" Glenn said.

"Well how far alone should you be?"

"Do you think its a girl?"

The rest of the dinner was full of questions about Lori's previous pregnancy, and about what it'd be like to have a baby around. The life the had here at the safe house was almost surreal because they hadn't seen a walker or hostile for days. It was actually safe, and maybe an acceptable place to raise a baby. Addie didn't see how having a baby in this period would be a good thing, but a baby nonetheless is a beautiful being and she was excited to have something so cute around.

She glanced at Daryl, did he want kids? Addie had understood that in her previous life she hadn't wanted any... but when your entire family is gone, you get this itching to create a new one. She wanted little babies... she did. Daryl seemed weirded out by the whole conversation but she would talk to him later.
____________________________________________________________

Addie went outside to bring in the camp light from the deck. While she was out there she caught herself staring into the dark tree line. Again, she heard that snap of a twig. The same one she had heard when she was out with Daryl. She saw no movement, nothing through the trees. So she turned her back and locked the door. When she came in she heard two people inside the living room...

"How can you do this?" Shane asked her, "You know its mine."

"I don't know that. He is my husband, it could easily be his." Lori said back.

"Why are you denying it?" he asked.

"I slept with Rick the night he got back, ITS HIS."
she said angry this time. She stormed away and saw Addie standing in the kitchen. She wiped the tears from her eyes and walked away. Shane seemed to be sitting in the living room still. Addie quickly walked down the hall to avoid him running into her as well.

Shane had been with Lori, and he has so easily tired to be with Addie. What had happened between them? And was it really Rick's baby? He was a good man and deserved a faithful wife.

Addie knew she wouldn't say anything, but she would talk to Lori, make sure she was alright. But that would have to wait till tomorrow.
____________________________________________________________

She walked into Daryl bedroom to find him shirtless, and in bed. His toned stomach caught her eyes and she had the urge to rake her nails across it while kissing him, instead she sat down next to him and asked, "Interesting conversation huh?"

"Guess so. I think it'll do more harm than good."

"Why?

"Well back when we were at the quarry, I was alway out huntin' and Shane and Lori seemed to think they were alone when they fucked each others brains out."

"So it is true. I just heard them arguing abou it."

"Yeah - granted Lori did think Rick was dead. But Shane, I think he left his friend behind for dead."

"Well thats a stretch."

"I don't think so, Rick woke up in a hospital. He had been there weeks after the attacks... and he said when he left his room there was a bed pushed up against it. I think Shane didn't want him dead, but she sure as hell didn't want him around when he left town with Lori."

"Well okay, maybe not a stretch." she admitted.

"Okay - and don't freak out by me asking this. Please. But do you want kids?"

"In this shit? No. I wouldn't want to sit and worry about my kid gettin' eatin' by a damn walker."

"Yeah, I agree." she said. Addie knew his reasoning, she saw it. But she also saw the need for a family, the need to make normal humans.

"Well what if it wasn't this mess?" she said. "Would you have babies with me?"

"If we weren't in this, I'd be in a bar, you'd be in France."

Addie didn't say anything after Daryl's comment. He had reason to think that - but Addie felt that she was supposed to end up in Georgia. Eventually humanity has to change and evolve, and she just happened to be alive during the time that it happened. I guess you could say she believe in her destiny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm going to follow the comic book. It won't follow the story to the end, I can't write that much! Anyways let me know what you think, whether it's good or bad! Thanks! <3