Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Out of the Woods

"Alright everybody listen up! Ms. 'Mim-ew' here seems to have a map."

"Yeah we got that part." Lori said, Rick gave his wife a stern look. One that read - stop being so condescending.

"Well I reckon' it's a good idea. We ain't got no where to go, and it's worth a shot."

"How the hell do we know theres even a house there? Where did you get it?" Glenn asked, a young Koren man. He seemed to be the one with a technical brain around here.

"My grand-pire... he was very wealthy. He owned many homes. And he sold most of them except for this home in Georgia, our home in France and his Cottage in Germany."

"So because your grandpas rich, and you have a nice accent we're supposed to believe you?"

"No, I understand completely. But I led you to my supplies, and shared them with you. At least you could do me this courtesy and help me find my way, a way that might benefit you also." Addie said. She tried to look as sincere as possible. She had a way of looking cold, even if her heart was melting - you wouldn't know it.

"Well, I'm in." the first one to speak was Daryl, the man who had hit her with his car and asked her so many questions. A muscular man, with sandy disheveled hair and a crossbow over his slung over his shoulder. His accent was almost as thick as the trees behind them.

"I would like to move as soon as possible, we're not safe here, I crashed only this morning walkers will be here soon." Addie said.

The group looked puzzled.. They had been through a lot, everyone had. This disease had eaten everything they loved, their home, their families, friends, everything. Of course they were skeptical.

"I know, believe me I know, how hard this can be. But we have a chance to find safety, and a home. A real home."

"At this point I don't see what we have to loose." an Dale said, and Andrea nodded in agreement. Dale and Andrea, Addie wondered of they were married...

TIme was passing by as some argued to leave Georgia, and some urged to find the house. Adeline watched among the trees for any sign of him, of Alex. For a moment she thought she saw a face peering at her from the trees, until she realized it was from her own memory.

She'd been thinking of the night Alex had asked her to marry him. She had said yes at the fancy dinner, with the fancy music, and she wore the ring on her finger, and even till now it was still there. She slipped the diamond ring off her finger and placed it in the pocket of her jeans. She shook the image from her memory and saw Daryl looking at her, like he either wanted to eat her, or chase her off into the woods.

"I do not wish to overstate my opinion, but here is not safe. We must at least move." Addie said. They seemed frustrated not only with her, but each other.

"I agree with Addie here, we have to move, and I'm goin' with my gut, the house." Rick said. Rick being the unofficial leader of the group seemed to convince a few that were still disagreeing.

"Everyone follows me." he said climbing into the rundown RV. Everyone else clamored into their designated vehicles. Adeline took a moment to think about where she belonged, and ironically it was in the car that had bruised her ribs. She began to walk toward the Jeep when the southern boy turned and gave her a look.

"Where to you think you're goin'" he asked.

"The vehicle...?" she paused unsure of where he was heading the conversation.

"I ride alone. That theres my brothers spot. You can ride in the RV."

Addie raised her hand to protest when her peripheral vision spotted something that was definitely not a memory. Alex. His body ejected from the trees at an alarming rate. Daryl was waiting for her to protest when he realized her mind was elsewhere. He spotted the inhuman man just before he reached the road.

His crossbow wasn't loaded.

Alex leaped for Addie's small figure, one he would surely crush. His left arm hooked around her right shoulder and sent her crashing down onto the pavement. His body seemed stunned by the sudden impact but didn't take long for him to rebound his head, teeth barred. His face showed veins traveling from his neck to his eyes -
"Alex - S'il vous plaƮt." she begged. "Please." her tiny arms pressed against his chest, pushing as hard as she could to keep his teeth from reaching her jugular. When an arrow struck his back, along with the his head being struck by the but of a gun.

Addie's face was stained with tears - she felt herself being pulled up and placed in a seat. Cool air was breezing by her face as she laid on the person to her left. She shut her eyes and tried not to think of her once love trying to rip her throat out.