Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Negativity

Lori looked at the three tests.

"I CALL THIS ONE!" Lori said snatching the negative test. Andrea and Addie looked at the two positives "OH NO YOU DON'T!" They wrestled the test away from Lori,

"This has to be mine."

"No.. it's mine!" Carol quickly pulled them apart.

"There's one test left, just... one of you take it."

"I don't wanna." Andrea said.

"Me either." each girl was afraid that they now knew one of them was pregnant. How would they deal with two babies?

"Lori this was a dumb idea.

"You're pregnant again, and Andrea and I go back to not being pregnant."

"Ohhh noo. No. One of you is prego." Lori teased.

"DON'T SAY THAT!" Andrea hissed.

"This is a mess." Addie commented.

"Tell me about it." Carol said.

Panic over took them and Addie grabbed the bottle of wine to take another drink.

"Addie!" they all yelled at her. She quickly spit the wine into the sink.

"Jesus guys." Andrea said. "We gotta calm the fuck down before someone comes down here."

"Well what do you suppose we do?"

"Go piss on this, and then we'll panic properly, when we know who is really pregnant."

"You do it." Addie suggested.

"It doesn't make you any less pregnant if I do it." Andrea said.

"I could say the same to you." Addie sighed. "Okay okay fine, I just am so... Freaked out! Right freaked, that means scared right?"

Andrea laughed, "Yes. It does. This is going to be fine."

"Daryl doesn't want kids. He told me that."

"Well he may not get a choice." Carol said, Addie easily returned with the test. Another agonizing two minutes had to pass.

"What about Dale?"

"Dale loves kids."

"Then God I hope you're pregnant."

Lori smoothed Addie's hair, "I know how you feel."

Addie stepped outside while she waited. She heard the snapping noises again, apparently that was how the woods sounded since she heard it almost every time she was outside. After another minute and thirty seconds passed before they called her inside, flipped the test and Andrea let out a long sigh.

"Thank god," Andrea said. Addie immediately smacked her in the arm.

"HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? Can these things even be accurate this soon?"

"It says - two weeks post, so I assume so..." Carol said.

"Oh god." Addie buried her hands deep into her sleeves. "I can't be like my mother."

"Well Addie she couldn't be there for you, but you can be there for your baby."

"My mother was ill. Mentally. She tried to... to..." Addie could barely finish. "kill me. In that very tub." she pointed behind her.

"There's no way you'd be like that!!" Lori immediately hugged her. "You are a good person, and I'm a mother - I know another good mother when I see one."

"Sweetie, why didn't you tell any of us?"

"That's why you freaked... that night you were sick - we had you in the tub."

"Yeah.. I must have repressed my memories of her, because they didn't surface until we came here. I was scared you'd think I was crazy."

"No."

"Never sweetie."

"I think I'm going to throw up some of that alcohol." Addie said. "Then again, I might wait till after I tell Daryl."

"He'll be okay, I think he'll secretly be happy." Lori said.

"Secretly isn't what I want."

"Well did you want kids?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do." Being the key word there." Andrea said, Addie smiled one last time before she went upstairs - they'd be leaving for town soon. What was she going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhaha surprise surprise. I don't know why I always make my characters become pregnant. Anyways chew on that bone. :)