Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Hunter

Several days passed since Shane's death. It seemed the only thing Rick would focus on was Lori and the baby. He was a little distraught at losing a partner, and a dear friend.

Daryl took to the baby business as if it were a foreign policy. He didn't talk about it around everyone else, only with Addie, before they went to sleep or before they... you know.

Again things were quiet at home. Addie and Carol cooked dinners, Lori helped when she wasn't with Carl, or puking from morning sickness. Daryl had taken Addie out into the forest once more to help her gather some herbs and mushrooms.

There they had quietly made love. Daryl was quizzing her from the trip before on poisonous plants when he swept her off her feet and carried her to their small pond. They swam for what seemed like hours before she climbed out of the water half naked, he hadn’t been able to resist her like that – and they ravished each other on the grassy floor – only then to jump back into the water to clean themselves off again.

They hadn’t said they loved each other since that day they had the heated argument. She quietly swam up to him and whispered it in his ear.

He had heard her, and loved hearing what she said. And he took a moment really thinking about Adeline Mimieux. He soft brown hair, her pale green eyes – he thought about how she spoke French in her sleep and saw that he could love even when he didn’t know he could himself. Everything about her was the opposite of him, but yet they had the same mind, educated or not, and the same heart.

Yes, Daryl did love her, and he said it back, twice, once into each ear.

They no longer slept in cars, or tents. Everyone slept in their warm bed, ate a hot meal, and bathed regularly. The only downside was the weak power supply, beers weren’t cold, meat didn’t keep long but they made due. They had a good life here, it was only a matter of time before they had to protect it.

There was a loud engine outside the house. Over the dinner conversation no one had heard it until it was at the front door. Everyone immediately felt fear. Loaded shotguns at the door were cocked, crossbow loaded, handguns concealed, and even the women grabbed some kitchen knives.

There was a large truck, the color of forest green, and out stepped a man with red hair, he had a scraggly beard and a camouflage hat. The passenger door opened and two more people stepped out.

scavengers. was their first thought. A truck bed, for gathering supplies, prisoners, whatever.

There was a boy among them, he was of shorter stature, he seemed to be more of a thin man, and the second man who stepped out after the first looked the same – twins perhaps.

“I reckon’ we’re in need of assistance.” The bearded man said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel bad for killing Shane, but it still occurs in the comics. but my way was a little more heroic. Lori's still a whore, but whatever.

Dale+Andrea, If I remember right, they basically just find comfort with each other, after all Dale picked up Andrea and Amy before they even met any other survivors, so It's natural that they be close. So I’m not making them in love… but in… comfort…? Haha.

Much love for reading. I apologize for a filler chapter, posting late, and only posting once. I’ve been typing a friends book before they need to get it to the publisher so my keyboard had been pretty busy, not to mention school!