Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Instinct

Only a silent moment had time to pass before Andrea, Daryl, and Abha revealed themselves from the trees. Daryl still had his crossbow ready incase of any sign from their new enemies. Andrea picked up Abha and carried her while she quietly sobbed into her shoulder. She was so frightened, Andrea could tell by the way her fingers dug into her back.

They first ran into T-Dog. He was carrying a handgun, but it wasn't his that had gone off, Rick came shortly after carrying a shotgun - again not the same weapon.

"So who'd Glenn shoot?" Daryl asked.

"Glenn didn't have a gun." Rick said. T and Rick exchanged a glance with each other, both realizing Daryl would have their heads for letting Addie have a gun and follow them into the woods. "Glenn was supposed to reach the fence and wait, Addie must've shot someone."

"Mutherfucker." Daryl said.

"HEY. Damnit, theres a kid here." T said,

"Addie twisted our arms to come along, you can be mad at her. Not us."

"If she's even alive damnit! Fucker coulda' easily taken it from her!"

"Is that you I hear underestimating me?" Addie said. Everyone looked for the voice in the darkness of the trees. And there she was, leaning up against a tree with a stain of blood on her shirt. Daryl immediately ran to her and felt the stain, no wound was underneath, she had killed him.

"Well Goddamn." Daryl said. "Addie Oakley?"

"What's that?" Addie asked, puzzled.

"Never mind." he said rolling his eyes, everyone seemed to share a small laugh without her.

"Aww, come on!" she pleaded.

"Andrea why don't you take Abha, and go meet Glenn. We'll take care of the... mess." Rick said. Andrea just nodded her head and carried on her way.
____________________________________________________________

The reached the body within another minute. however it seemed Jeremy Redfern was still somewhat alive, but in extreme pain. His stomach was pierced with a bullet, a fatal wound, but it'll take a while for a person to bleed out.

"He fell on top of me, trying to take the gun, took him forever to roll off of me." Addie said explaining the blood stain on her own shirt. Daryl rolled over the soon-to-be corpse.

"Where'd he go?" Daryl asked, Jeremy of course said nothing.

Daryl asked again, only this time he added a short kick to the ribs. Surely breaking one or two, Jeremy let out a groan.

"You should tell us where he went if you want to live." Jeremy still said nothing, surely knowing there was no surviving.

"Okay, let me rephrase you sick fuck - tell us - if you want to die quickly." this time Daryl question seemed to rouse something inside Jeremy, perhaps fear.

Daryl flipped open his knife, Addie seemed to watch only out of curiosity even though her stomach felt disgust, Rick also seemed displeased with the torture method but who was he to argue - they needed to know where John and Jason had went.

They needed to protect their family.

"We grew poppies." he started. And he didn't mean the flowers, they must've had a secluded farm where they grew illegal opiates. "We stopped eating the deer when our mother got infected from bad meat," he stopped only to cough up blood. "my father's... rational decision was to- to" Jeremy didn't finish before his eyes closed and he exhaled his last breath.

Daryl knew that they were cannibals, all he knew now was that they were drug dealers too. He put away his knife an closed the eyes of the now dead man. The tremors this entire family suffered from was from the human meat they had consumed. They modified their standard deers nets and started trapping survivors. Daryl reach of Addie's hand, which she gripped tightly.