Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Plurality

They left his body to return to the house for shovels and to wait for sunrise. No use trying to dig a grave in the dark. The four of them left their muddied shoes by the door, and Addie returned her gun to Rick. No one was quite awake yet except for Lori, who was up making sure her husband returned to her. Andrea was in bed holding Abha in her arms, assuring her that she wasn't going to be taken again.
________________________________________________________________________

Addie took off her bloodied shirt as soon as Daryl closed their door. Immediately she felt his rage. He grabbed her by the shoulders firmly, not forcefully. His eyes were closed, and he was taking deep breaths through flared nostrils.

"You can't do that again." he said.

"I'm perfectly capable." she said back.

"When I heard you had come along, the only math I saw was you, darkness, and a gunshot. Not very assuring for an expecting father. Even just seeing you stained with blood... I FELT SICK ADDIE. Addie - I cannot lose you, do you understand?" this time his hands griped her face, her eyes welled with tears, the emotion was getting to her, the concern, the love, the fear, the pain.

"I was worried too." she said. "who do you think I went in after? hmm? I didn't expect to kill someone, but I knew I would to defend you."

She had shot someone.

Her head immediately fell into Daryl's chest as she let out a sob that had been stuck in her throat since she watched Jeremy die. She had killed someone.

"I'm glad you did it. Better him than you." he said trying to assure her that her decision was right. But he could only relate to her. The time where he was forced to kill Eric Manson to save her - killing an unaffected human had bothered him, it would bother her too.

In an attempt to distract her Daryl's lips began to kiss her neck, he worked his way to her chin, and eventually rested on her lips - giving her the sweetest kiss. She wrapped her arms around his tighter, his muscles easily picked her up and carried her the short amount of space to the bed, and then there she was, under him, kissing him.

This image still seemed so surreal to Daryl.

Although Daryl thought she was distraught, he seemed to be easily mistaken when she pulled of his dirty shorts and boxers. Again, a surreal image, a beautiful girl removing his clothing.

His usual conquest would've smelled like Gin and Scotch, had a plain face, and they certainly would never end up naked. Zippers would be undone, and skirts would be pushed up. Daryl was new to this concept of romantically "making love."

After Daryl finally removed Addie's clothing he found that she wasted no time in getting him inside her, and when he finally fit his length inside her she relaxed against him, her face calmer, and her eyes seemed to glimmer, perhaps glazed over with lust.

Daryl lost track of time with her, whether it was because of the rhythm of their hips or the moans from her lips, Daryl didn't care. However - with them falling into bed so quickly, they had forgotten to lock the door, so when Glenn walked in, he found the scene before him to be very uncomfortable. He quickly shut the door before Daryl could yell at him. And once it was shut Daryl and Addie shared a laugh - the kind of laugh that's loud and never seems to stop, they almost didn't finish making love - but both of them found each other so pleasurable that before they could stop, the pleasure started again and they blissfully got to claw into one another's backs while Daryl let out grunts, and Addie tried not to scream.
________________________________________________________________________

Daryl quickly joined T, Glenn, and Rick downstairs, each had a shovel and a sheet for the body. Glenn's eyes were the size of half dollars as soon as Daryl stepped in the room. Rick elbowed him to stop looking so petrified, Daryl only returned his gaze with a triumphant smirk.

They buried the body, and said no words at his grave. He was a criminal, and they didn't know him.

The walk back to the house sparked a very interesting conversation however, T mentioned how John certainly didn't seem like the type to forget someone killing his son, even if he thought his son will still alive - there was a very good chance he planned on returning, by which Glenn suggested the safest, most controlled way was to hunt the two of them down and finish the fight.

"We shouldn't give them a chance to ambush us. They don't need a chance to grab one of the kids, or your guys' wives."

"...Wives?" Rick asked.

Glenn rolled his eyes. "No guy goes at his girl like that unless they're married." Glenn said referring to Daryl. Not the smartest remark because it caused Daryl to chase Glenn for a few yards before he got a friendly smack from the back of Daryl's hand. They returned laughing, except Glenn who was massaging the back of his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter! yeah? I like it, sex makes that easy ;) two updates - just for you guys!

Fight's not over... how interesting.