Sequel: Pretending to be Dead

Living Like You're Dead

Dinner Party

With rain pouring down their faces the group had strategically placed themselves around the truck. The truck showed no signs of the Redferns’, were they hunting, sleeping inside? They didn’t know – but they were ready for them, no matter what.

Daryl turned the walkie off, in case it went off while they were trying to hide, there was no plan, nothing pre-meditated, just a lot of guns, and the instinct of protection.

Daryl made the first move in the by ear plan. He crept up to the vehicle, and checked inside.

No one.

They all gathered around to discuss the next proper advancement in their makeshift plan.

“They’ve got to be close by, they have to be.”

“I agree, we split up and look for tracks.”

The rain was starting to wash away any signs of human direction, some tracks were visible, but they were just circling the truck, leading nowhere.

“Okay, be careful – could be an ambush.” Daryl said.

Everyone nodded in agreement and split into two new groups, Andrea, Dale, and Rick in one – and Glenn, T, and Daryl in the other. They’d start opposite directions, and sweep towards each other, covering a lot of ground at once.

It wasn’t long before one of them found a trap, Glenn’s foot sliding into the knotted rope, and swiftly lifting him into the air. No not was there to grab him, but instead he dangled from a tree – his body swayed.

“Shit” Daryl said. He pulled out his long Bowie knife and handed it to Glenn. Glenn showed a poor attempt at reaching for the rope around his foot, and the knife slipped out of his hand after he cut it. When he fell to the ground he barely missed the blade. T lent him a hand to help him up. His back showed pain from the fall, and he grimaced when he tried to walk.

“You don’t look so good chinaman.” Daryl said.

“I’m Korean.” He said.

“Yeah I know that – still makes you a chinaman.” He said again.

We have to be close if this is where they set up traps. Daryl sent T to intercept the others and head them in the right direction, Daryl and Glenn slowly made their way further until they came upon a camp site. A tent, and a fire – maybe a mile from the truck. Hopefully they were still asleep inside.

Glenn stood over the fire. The embers were cool – it had been out for some time, and Daryl aimed his cross bow at the opening of the tent, the zipper slightly ajar let his see inside the empty tent. He kicked it out of frustration.

“Hey now.” John said. “That there’s our property.”
________________________________________________________________________

Addie looked at the man pointing a gun in her face. His head was shaved, his eyes were a little crazy. how could she have been so stupid.

“I reckon I could use a little food.” He said calmly. He didn’t seem to want to hurt her – maybe just worried she’d be hostile instead of kind to him.

Addie slowly nodded her head as her eye drifted towards the kitchen. He flicked his wrist to motion her forwards. She stepped backwards until she decided she’d rather face the kitchen than his crazy eyes.

“The- fish.” She said. “The fish keeps well.” She nodded, and he nodded in return, assuring her that fish would be just fine for him to eat.

She quickly set a pan, with oil – and she bit her lip while it was heating. why was she so stupid? Daryl, how could I have thought it would be him? Why would he have knocked. she thought to herself.

She placed the bass in the pan – she heard the sizzle of the meat searing, and she placed some regular green herbs over the top, no point in serving the person with a gun to your back with a bad meal. She let it sear till it was golden on one side and then flipped it. She then turned to face the man again…

“Water… or we have beer.” She said with a shaky voice.

“I’d love a good beer.” He said happily. He watched her figure while it made it’s way to the fridge, her slender body was a sight for sore eyes. Addie could feel them on her… watching her every move.

Then the loud thud came from the top floor again.

“Who’s here?” he said startled, obviously assuming she had been alone.

“There are others… she said, my friends, and children.” She said almost pleading for the calmness to return to his face.

“Why are they making all that noise.” He asked.

“the door’s stuck shut.” She sobbed, letting a loud cry escape her lips.

She had no one to help her.

“Shhh.” He said in a harsh tone. He grabbed the duck tape from the counter that Addie had so conveniently pulled out. He place a large section all the way around her head, “Don’t let that burn.” He said.
________________________________________________________________________

Daryl slowly put down his crossbow and kicked it towards Jason, now they had guns. The night they took Abha they just had been planning to eat, not fight.

Glenn too relinquished his weapon, reluctantly, but calmly follow Daryl’s example.

Jason followed his fathers orders by quickly tying them up,

“They’d make a good barbeque.” John said. “Only a hunting party of two?” he questioned surprised by how they thought they could overtake them with just two men.

“Unfortunately, both of ya won’t keep. So one of ya – gets fed to them zombies.” Jason said. “They lucky one will make for a nice barbeque.”

“My son ain’t still alive eh?” John asked, “I’m gonna assume not or he’d a been with ya.”

“He’s dead.” Daryl said.

“Was you the one that shot him?” he asked.

“No actually, but I woulda liked to.”

“Well who did?” Jason asked.

“My wife.” Daryl added slyly. Glenn gave him the strangest look.

“Damn. Then I’ll know which one ta kill when I get back to your lovely little home.” He said.

“You ain’t goin near her.”

“Well you sure as hell ain’t.” John said. “We’ll feed this one to the walkers. Maybe the Asian one will taste like soy sauce.”

“I’m Korean.” Glenn said for the second time today.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that I took so long to update even though I promised sooner! Writers block is a terrible disease. I'll post another today, thanks for reading, subbing, and commenting. :)